RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daat99's Custom OWLTR (Ore\Wood\Leather\Tokens\Recipes)

blackgriffin

Wanderer
I used [claim with OWLT just fine.

Hey daat, how many more of these systems are you gonna make? *grins* Everytime I get one in, there's another one :p I just put OWLT in like a week ago LOL.

Bravo man.

Memnoch

Wanderer
well there are still several letters of the alphabet he has yet to use, 21 infact, so who knows where it ends. Personaly i'm cant wait for the one including a fully spawned world, additional npc quests, and lastly where he actuly makes a kitchen sink in the game...

daat99

Staff member
blackgriffin said:
I used [claim with OWLT just fine.

Hey daat, how many more of these systems are you gonna make? *grins* Everytime I get one in, there's another one :p I just put OWLT in like a week ago LOL.

Bravo man.

Memnoch said:
well there are still several letters of the alphabet he has yet to use, 21 infact, so who knows where it ends. Personaly i'm cant wait for the one including a fully spawned world, additional npc quests, and lastly where he actuly makes a kitchen sink in the game...
Well you both right, plenty of more letters in the abc ;)
I'll add stuff as I make it and it's primarly based on ideas that I like to do ;)

blackgriffin

Wanderer
here's a random question....how do players get the recipes?

also..bug...the current test center does not have an option to turn on custom craftables as a whole, and it's currently disabled :S So I have a menu for custom craftables, but nothing in it.

daat99

Staff member
blackgriffin said:
here's a random question....how do players get the recipes?

also..bug...the current test center does not have an option to turn on custom craftables as a whole, and it's currently disabled :S So I have a menu for custom craftables, but nothing in it.
Every mobile that use the PackGold method will have recipes on him, the recipe level depends on the amount of gold (few examples: red solen, eagle, firesteed...).
If you want to have more mobs drop recipes just look in basecreature on how I added it to packgold and add it to any mob you want.

About the custom craftables, no there isn't an option to disable all of them because they don't need a restart anymore.
Just disable\enable each of them seperatly.
If you enable them all then you'll see them in the custom menu, if you disable them all then the custom menu will be empty.

daat99

Staff member
blackgriffin said:
the only one I have disables is the bank, but I still can't see anything.
You need to replace ALL the files from OWLT with the new OWLTR files.
There were a lot of changes in there and it looks like you skipped several.

v1.1 07/05/2005:
Fixed: A problem with runic sewing kits and runic smith hammers given from bod rewards. (ThanX Freya)

Gator81

Wanderer
after alot of confusing errors I am about to test the server to make sure everything is working again. This is what I had done to get it working for me, I hope this may help someone else. Please note that I had owlt installed and allspells installed.

1. I deleted all the controll centers. I dont know a command that would of deleted all of them at one time, but that would be a good idea.....
2. since I had owlt installed I looked to see what else would need deleted so it wouldnt conflict with the release. the only thing I found was in runuo/scripts/eng/craft/core called craftgump. I deleted that file
3. I deleted the owlt folder I had
4. copied the owltr folder in my customs folder
5. I merged the spell.cs file with the spell.cs in allspells
6. I deleted the druidreagents file in the owltr/new folder
when restarting the server I recived an error server.daat99.daat990wlt couldnt be found do I want to delete these types y/n and i said yes and it finished loading the server.

I havent tested everything yet, but once its working it usually pretty stable.
hope this helps someone

Memnoch

Wanderer
Well, this is my report so far. I do like all the options. Now that i have it working. I posted 2 times that i ended up deleting, 1 time because i thought i had more errors, turns out i screwed up adding the rest of the script to the directory. The 2nd time, it turns out 1 of your options was to make the ore veins change with every dig. I dont like that, so i disabled it... Infact the only thing i do have active is the champ spawn code with the new OWL. I do not understand what the houses do. Perhaps if i had some idea of what they did i may activate them.

blackgriffin

Wanderer
The tool houses hold tools and set the weight to 0, like a bag of holding, but they'll only hold specific tools. They're also very hard to make. Bank hives are basically bankers for your backpack. The keys hold resources and reagents based on which key you make.

daat99

Staff member
Gator81 said:
after alot of confusing errors I am about to test the server to make sure everything is working again. This is what I had done to get it working for me, I hope this may help someone else. Please note that I had owlt installed and allspells installed.

1. I deleted all the controll centers. I dont know a command that would of deleted all of them at one time, but that would be a good idea.....
2. since I had owlt installed I looked to see what else would need deleted so it wouldnt conflict with the release. the only thing I found was in runuo/scripts/eng/craft/core called craftgump. I deleted that file
3. I deleted the owlt folder I had
4. copied the owltr folder in my customs folder
5. I merged the spell.cs file with the spell.cs in allspells
6. I deleted the druidreagents file in the owltr/new folder
when restarting the server I recived an error server.daat99.daat990wlt couldnt be found do I want to delete these types y/n and i said yes and it finished loading the server.

I havent tested everything yet, but once its working it usually pretty stable.
hope this helps someone
By "you need to delete all the centers" I ment the console message that pops up when you install the system (the console message that you need to do y/n).

Memnoch said:
Well, this is my report so far. I do like all the options. Now that i have it working. I posted 2 times that i ended up deleting, 1 time because i thought i had more errors, turns out i screwed up adding the rest of the script to the directory. The 2nd time, it turns out 1 of your options was to make the ore veins change with every dig. I dont like that, so i disabled it... Infact the only thing i do have active is the champ spawn code with the new OWL. I do not understand what the houses do. Perhaps if i had some idea of what they did i may activate them.
All the info you need is in the description, just read it over.
Keep in mind, ANY of the custom craftables need 100-150 skills.
At 120 of all the skills needed for that particular craftable you have 40% to make it, not to mention that the resources are realy hard to get.

Memnoch

Wanderer
bug submition:
The smith protector cannot be used to mine, only chop wood, but it has graphics of a pickaxe

possible issue with sharpening stone 1 of my players is saying he cannot use it, i lowered the charges on it to 5 after because 50 is way to powerful.

using sewing kit and not using leather color to make armor, when you cut it, it looks like normal leather, yet still says what it is, and cannot be combined with regular leather, or other colored leather of its same kind.

Not so much of a bug, but the masters knife (i dont think) should have charges. Possibly consider rethinking the amount of charges on items, and maybe taking charges off others. The sharpeningstone being able to raise a blades damage increase to 70% is just nuts, thats why i only gave it 5 charges until i can go in and make changes to lower that myself.

daat99

Staff member
Memnoch said:
bug submition:
The smith protector cannot be used to mine, only chop wood, but it has graphics of a pickaxe
It's an axe used as a weapon, not a lumberjacking\mining tool.

Memnoch said:
possible issue with sharpening stone 1 of my players is saying he cannot use it, i lowered the charges on it to 5 after because 50 is way to powerful.
It'll raise the weapon damage up to 50% and not more, you might lowered the max damage instead of the charges or he's trying to enhance a weapon with 50%+ damage increase.

Memnoch said:
using sewing kit and not using leather color to make armor, when you cut it, it looks like normal leather, yet still says what it is, and cannot be combined with regular leather, or other colored leather of its same kind.
That's actually runuo issue, cut leather retain the color of the item and not the color of the leather.
Since it isn't regular leather it won't combine with regular leather and since it's hued differently it won't combined with it's own leather type.

Memnoch said:
Not so much of a bug, but the masters knife (i dont think) should have charges.
It give 20% more leather and this is why it have charges.

Memnoch said:
The sharpeningstone being able to raise a blades damage increase to 70% is just nuts, thats why i only gave it 5 charges until i can go in and make changes to lower that myself.
It'll only raise it to 50% not 70% (if I'm not mistaken exceptional items have 20%-25% bonus that isn't calculated in the damage increase, not sure tho).

P.S.
Keep in mind that all those items are a reward of a very high end large bods.
On most shards the time it'll take for a player to complete the type of bod needed to get those is extreamly long.
so unless you flooded your shard with free exceptional bods you don't have to worry about tuning down anything because it'll take months for players to get them.

Memnoch

Wanderer
ok, the katana i used was made by gm crafter, started at 35% damage increase, went to 70%, it took about 6-8 uses to get it that high.

Anywhere on the reward list for bods, i do not see ancient smithy hammers.

Also after much testing it seems platinum runics are underpowered vs where they are on the list. A full platinum plate armor set made with a 120 smith and a platinum runic could not even make 70's armor. The 100% lower requirements is pointless, as is the 90 and 80%'s found with other runics, or colors of metal. I do like your script, do not think i do not. It just needs tweaks to work with how my shard is being set up.

PS, bod timer will be set to 1 every 2 minutes at gm skill. I do not see a reason not to do like osi, its a free shard, if we dont lower the timer, then no one will ever get any good rewards. Hopefuly this is long enough to keep people from camping all day there, but short enough to promote doing bods

francecio

Wanderer
Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Engines.BulkOrders.SmallBODAcceptGump..ctor(Mobile from, SmallBOD deed)
   at Server.daat99.OWLTRbod.OnResponse(NetState state, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

sorry for my english :( (i'm italian)
this is the report of crash,
the player use [owltrbod and click the button the server crashed, help ;)

daat99

Staff member
Memnoch said:
ok, the katana i used was made by gm crafter, started at 35% damage increase, went to 70%, it took about 6-8 uses to get it that high.
Like I said, exceptional weapons have inherited bonus that isn't part of the damage increase, this is how runuo is working.
The sharpening blade check the Damage Increase and cap it at 50, it doesn't check for exceptional (I'll consider adding this check to future releases).
Memnoch said:
Anywhere on the reward list for bods, i do not see ancient smithy hammers.
Check again, I saw several.

Memnoch said:
Also after much testing it seems platinum runics are underpowered vs where they are on the list. A full platinum plate armor set made with a 120 smith and a platinum runic could not even make 70's armor. The 100% lower requirements is pointless, as is the 90 and 80%'s found with other runics, or colors of metal. I do like your script, do not think i do not. It just needs tweaks to work with how my shard is being set up.
If you aren't using Ubber resources then the resists are RANDOM, that means theoreticaly shadow iron armor can have higher resists then platinum.
The platinum ore have the highest ABILITY of resists (1-9 while shadow have 1-3 if I remember right )

Memnoch said:
PS, bod timer will be set to 1 every 2 minutes at gm skill. I do not see a reason not to do like osi, its a free shard, if we dont lower the timer, then no one will ever get any good rewards. Hopefuly this is long enough to keep people from camping all day there, but short enough to promote doing bods
1 every 2 minutes is extreamly low in my opinion, in any case the bod rewards aren't ment for that amount of bods, they're set to most shards that have 1 bod every several hours.
In your case you need to edit the bod rewards to fit your needs or just make it take longer to get bods, up to you what you think is best for your shard.

francecio said:
Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Engines.BulkOrders.SmallBODAcceptGump..ctor(Mobile from, SmallBOD deed)
   at Server.daat99.OWLTRbod.OnResponse(NetState state, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

sorry for my english :( (i'm italian)
this is the report of crash,
the player use [owltrbod and click the button the server crashed, help ;)
The player had any blacksmithy skill when he used the gump ?
This crash every time on all the players ?
Can someone confirm this crash beside francecio ?