RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fully Automated Tournament System

milt

Knight
Falafel said:
MILT - a have a question... CAN I translate all the language ib script to other languages (hebrew, russian, arabic), all your credits and copyrights will be saved.

Yes, you are more than welcome to make any changes that you would like.

I fixed the OnDisconnect crash, and released v.1.0.1, so if you did not get it, I would recommend getting that one.

@Pyro-Tech - Were you trying to start the tourney with no people or only one? I mean, of course it will crash if you do something like that. I didn't add try and catches for one reason, because I beleive they take a little extra memory. Upon leaving them out, you guys can crash the system if you really want to. So that is the reason that you can actually find ways to crash it yourself. I'm not exactly sure on what happened in the crash, but I beleive you said something about a gump you made? If you need to test gumps, I would recommend the [SendGump command, it is a great tool for testing gumps in game

sordican

Sorceror
An AWSOME system. Thanks alot for taking the time to make it, and a big thanks for sharing. I have a res-kill protection system on my shard, and I got this crash report when a player died.

I know thats probably nothing you can fix, but I thought I'd at least let you know about it. :)

Here's the crash-report:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.2.3790.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.2300
Time: 26.12.2005 18:41:38
Mobiles: 17186
Items: 266491
Clients:
- Count: 14
(online clients removed)
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Items.MasterTStone.OnDeath(PlayerDeathEventArgs e)
at Server.PlayerDeathEventHandler.Invoke(PlayerDeathEventArgs e)
at Server.Mobile.OnDeath(Container c)
at Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.OnDeath(Container c)
at Server.Mobile.Kill()
at Server.Mobile.Damage(Int32 amount, Mobile from)
at Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.Damage(Int32 amount, Mobile from)
at Server.AOS.Damage(Mobile m, Mobile from, Int32 damage, Int32 phys, Int32 fire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy, Boolean keepAlive)
at Server.AOS.Damage(Mobile m, Mobile from, Int32 damage, Int32 phys, Int32 fire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy)
at Server.Items.BaseWeapon.OnHit(Mobile attacker, Mobile defender)
at Server.Items.BaseWeapon.OnSwing(Mobile attacker, Mobile defender)
at Server.Items.Fists.OnSwing(Mobile attacker, Mobile defender)
at Server.CombatTimer.OnTick()
at Server.Timer.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Edit: I forgot to mention that this was a regular death by a monster out in the world, 12 minutes or so after server restart.

Falafel

Wanderer
Alrgihty, tested on my server, with 90 on-line, 43 players tested this script, there was no crashes or bugs. If any one awnts the hebrew, russian, arabic translation of all gumps, i can post it here.

regards.

milt

Knight
@sordican - I made a hotfix for this issue, you can redownload the package, and it should no longer happen. All I did was add try and catches, so it should work now. If you have some free time, run your server in debug mode (server.exe -debug) and then re-create the crash. Then, post the debug crash log here, and I can probably look into the problem even further.

But in anycase, this new hotfix (v.1.0.2) is probably not needed for everyone, but if you come across the same issues I would recommend getting it.

sordican

Sorceror
milt said:
@sordican - I made a hotfix for this issue, you can redownload the package, and it should no longer happen. All I did was add try and catches, so it should work now. If you have some free time, run your server in debug mode (server.exe -debug) and then re-create the crash. Then, post the debug crash log here, and I can probably look into the problem even further.

But in anycase, this new hotfix (v.1.0.2) is probably not needed for everyone, but if you come across the same issues I would recommend getting it.

Three words: Millions of THANKS!!! :)

I just remembered that the res-kill prot I have in place doesn't affect OnDeath, but rather the resurrection method. Maybe it was the young-system that messed it up? (since you made the system originally for a pre-aos shard, you didn't come across those errors?). I will test it and see if I run into the same errors. I will post the results here. Thanks again for so FAST response Milt.

milt

Knight
When I get time to code it and add the features. Probably after RunUO 2.0 comes out, that way I can insure capatability.

milt

Knight
Gehrig is correct. Go to the dueling arena where the players will be dueling, type [self get z and then that number will be what you are looking for. 0 (default) is usually the correct one, but you might have your arena somewhere diff.

sordican

Sorceror
milt said:

I updated it, and now it doesn't crash when a player dies. Wonderful. Whatever you did, it fixed it. Thanks alot Milt. :)

As you requested, I recreated the crash with the older version of your script, here's the crash-log:
Code:
Error:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an obj
ect.
   at Server.Items.MasterTStone.OnDeath(PlayerDeathEventArgs e) in e:\RunUO 1.0.
0 - Backup\RunUO 1.0.0\Scripts\Custom\Milt's Auto Tourney System\Items\MasterTSt
one.cs:line 372
   at Server.PlayerDeathEventHandler.Invoke(PlayerDeathEventArgs e)
   at Server.Mobile.OnDeath(Container c)
   at Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.OnDeath(Container c) in e:\RunUO 1.0.0 - Backu
p\RunUO 1.0.0\Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs:line 1568
   at Server.Mobile.Kill()
   at Server.Mobile.Damage(Int32 amount, Mobile from)
   at Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.Damage(Int32 amount, Mobile from) in e:\RunUO
1.0.0 - Backup\RunUO 1.0.0\Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs:line 1800
   at Server.AOS.Damage(Mobile m, Mobile from, Int32 damage, Int32 phys, Int32 f
ire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy, Boolean keepAlive) in e:\RunUO 1.0.0 -
Backup\RunUO 1.0.0\Scripts\Misc\AOS.cs:line 147
   at Server.AOS.Damage(Mobile m, Mobile from, Int32 damage, Int32 phys, Int32 f
ire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy) in e:\RunUO 1.0.0 - Backup\RunUO 1.0.0\
Scripts\Misc\AOS.cs:line 56
   at Server.Items.BaseWeapon.OnHit(Mobile attacker, Mobile defender) in e:\RunU
O 1.0.0 - Backup\RunUO 1.0.0\Scripts\Items\Weapons\BaseWeapon.cs:line 1205
   at Server.Items.BaseWeapon.OnSwing(Mobile attacker, Mobile defender) in e:\Ru
nUO 1.0.0 - Backup\RunUO 1.0.0\Scripts\Items\Weapons\BaseWeapon.cs:line 838
   at Server.Items.Fists.OnSwing(Mobile attacker, Mobile defender) in e:\RunUO 1
.0.0 - Backup\RunUO 1.0.0\Scripts\Items\Weapons\Fists.cs:line 164
   at Server.CombatTimer.OnTick()
   at Server.Timer.Slice()
Crash: Backing up...done
Crash: Generating report...done
Crash: Restarting...done
Warning:
System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
   at System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(Int32 millisecondsTimeout)
   at Server.TimerThread.TimerMain()

E:\RunUO 1.0.0 - Backup\RunUO 1.0.0>

But like I said... thats the report from the older version.

milt

Knight
Sordican, thank you very much for that crashlog. It does look like it was my fault, and not another systems fault. You see, when I had made the first version (wasn't released, the beta) I had redone some code, and forgot to add some null checks that well... heh... should have been done. I just got an idea that will probably make the system run a little smoother when there is no tourney going on. On the next hotfix, I will be adding that :)

Falafel

Wanderer
Alrighty... system works fine, but there is some thing i liked to be fixed...

when is zero players on tournament - server stucks... this is bad.... fix it please...

Pyro-Tech

Knight
i am still geting this crash with 1.0.2......i think it may have something to do when running the genboxdata command....

Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.2032
Time: 12/27/2005 12:17:00 AM
Mobiles: 13627
Items: 140413
Clients:
- Count: 1
+ 127.0.0.1: (account = ******) (mobile = 0x92F 'Pyro-Tech')

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Items.MasterTStone.LetThemDuel() in d:\Run UO Server\Scripts\Custom\New Scripts\Events\Milt's Auto Tourney System\Items\MasterTStone.cs:line 564
   at Server.Items.InternalTimer.OnTick() in d:\Run UO Server\Scripts\Custom\New Scripts\Events\Milt's Auto Tourney System\Items\WallOfStoneEast.cs:line 88
   at Server.Timer.Slice()

milt

Knight
Falafel said:
question - where is the all loot of duelist??? in pack only blessed items!! WTF!?

The code moves it all to their backpack. It should be in there.

@Pyro-Tech - What does the genboxdata command do? Is there a tournament going on during this? Give me some info

Pyro-Tech

Knight
milt said:
@Pyro-Tech - What does the genboxdata command do? Is there a tournament going on during this? Give me some info

sorry....genboxdata is the command for pandora's box 2....i just have the script sitting in there, and haven't even started anything with it....when i run the command to generate the props and item data, it crashes....nothing running cause i haven't even had a chance to add the thing yet :confused:

milt

Knight
Hmm, that is just plain weird! So pandora's box is doing something weird. I'll have to take further notice into this. Thank you for the bug report, sorry I can't fix it ATM.