RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fully Automated Tournament System

Pyro-Tech

sorry....genboxdata is the command for pandora's box 2....i just have the script sitting in there, and haven't even started anything with it....when i run the command to generate the props and item data, it crashes....nothing running cause i haven't even had a chance to add the thing yet :confused:
Isn't the PB2 outdated? I really don't think it should be used. Your just asking for trouble :(

Falafel

Wanderer
Plese, fix this bug, when zero players on tournament, you press star tournament, server stuck... fix thise please....

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Lucid Nagual said:
Isn't the PB2 outdated? I really don't think it should be used. Your just asking for trouble :(
only thing i really use it for are hues and adding mobiles....not much else

what problems could it really cause?? all it does is send commands to the client anyways right? :confused:

if not that, is there a good replacement for time being? and wasn't someone working on a new version for it?

hmm...why did arya quit anyways?

EDIT: i was away for about 6 months....i was unaware until your post about a few of these details....

milt

Knight
Falafel said:
Plese, fix this bug, when zero players on tournament, you press star tournament, server stuck... fix thise please....

Why don't you just not click the button with 0 people in and save yourself some trouble?

Why don't you just not click the button with 0 people in and save yourself some trouble?
Or if you insist on doing it add your own If statement......If 0 players send msg....or whatever lol. Shouldn't be that hard to do.

hmm...why did arya quit anyways?
No sure, but is a great loss :( Phantom is putting something together for a new one though. But different name.

milt

Knight
Yeah I will add the check eventually, probably in the next update. I just don't wanna make an update for that single thing, it's not really critical :)

Crowley62

Sorceror
WOW great system THX alot. Only problem i found is when players fill the funding barrel the gates open.Now i set to 8 players min and when the time is up and i have 15 joined it says there is not enough player wait another 20 minutes. Why does it do this and 20 minutes is way too long. Also no matter how much gold is in barrel it always says 0 out of 100000 THX

milt

Knight
Thank you, Crowley for your information. I have fixed this problem and also made the time 10 minutes instead of 20. The problem was that I switched my greater than or equals sign :)

Release v.1.0.3 is now out, with this problem fixed, and also you can no longer click the start tournament button if there is not at least 3 people in the tournament. If you don't plan on using the Funding Barrel and you are smart enough not to hit the start tourney button, you probably don't need to get this new version.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
milt said:
Thank you, Crowley for your information. I have fixed this problem and also made the time 10 minutes instead of 20. The problem was that I switched my greater than or equals sign :)

Release v.1.0.3 is now out, with this problem fixed, and also you can no longer click the start tournament button if there is not at least 3 people in the tournament. If you don't plan on using the Funding Barrel and you are smart enough not to hit the start tourney button, you probably don't need to get this new version.

hehe...still problem with PB2? :eek:

OturanBoga

Sorceror
milt said:

Firstly there is a small problem in the tjoinbook. How we start the Tournament over 2 people ? We couldn't see even how many people use that book So if there is any any way to solve this Pls tell me how we see who used the book or how many player used .... ???

Secondly I added Tbarrel but after the first restart ı suddenly come across that eror:
World Loading...An error was encountered while loadin a saved object.
-Type: Server.Items.TFundingBarrel
-serial: 0x40014A97
Delete the object? (y/n)

both of them Yes/No conclude Shut down my server.

abramelin

Wanderer
boga if you installed the script and add the funding barrel than delete the scripts directory,server is going to ask you that "what the hell is that barrel?" :) so just delete it if you dont use the script anymore.

Swerve_jnr

Wanderer
wow, great scripts milt . . . realy good, just a shame some people can't thankyou for it too. Also one of the post i heard earlier on sounded like a threat.

Lucid Nagual said:
Phantom is putting something together for a new one though. But different name.

if i wearn't meant to then sorry but straight away when i read it, it sounded like a bit of a "we don't need you scripts because phantom is bringing out a bigger and better script".

great job milt, nice one, must've taken hours, i did read the post about 2 weeks ago saying you were binging it out and you've deffiantly done well and even tho theres been a few bugs, for a system that big it's realy not that many . . .

well done, keep it coming

Kieran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid Nagual
Phantom is putting something together for a new one though. But different name.

if i wearn't meant to then sorry but straight away when i read it, it sounded like a bit of a "we don't need you scripts because phantom is bringing out a bigger and better script".
Get a brain and reread it. It says Phantom is working on a new PB.

I can't comment on the script yet cause I have not had time to install it and see it up close. The picture is itty bitty. But looks good from what I can see :)

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Swerve_jnr said:
hmm thats nice now i see why people fear letting out scripts

read the thread guys....i was talking about Pandora's box, and lucid said phanotm is working on a replacement....nothing was even said about another version of this.

it is just childish to start flaming people when you can read the thread and clear up the misunderstanding.

and that is true, no one has really thanked milt yet....i am sorry for that but thank you, i also saw your post about releasing/working on one, and was excited to see it...my only problem is that it doesn't like PB2 and i use that to make it easier to search through and add stuff....so...i haven't had too much time to really play with this.

AasanDar

Wanderer
Great system milt! I’m impressed enough by the fact alone that I got no errors on the first compile. If only every script was coded as well. ;-)

Also, does anyone know where I can find the Custom Regions in a Box script? I've searched all over this site and every link I've found just goes to the runuo.com homepage.

Great system milt! I’m impressed enough by the fact alone that I got no errors on the first compile. If only every script was coded as well. ;-)

Also, does anyone know where I can find the Custom Regions in a Box script? I've searched all over this site and every link I've found just goes to the runuo.com homepage.
I would suggest d/l Rift's version. There is an issue with the older one.
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid Nagual
Get a brain

hmm thats nice now i see why people fear letting out scripts
If you can't read a post properly I would suggest not writing a script.

New Dawns

Wanderer
Great job on the system Milt!

I had the same problem OturanBoga had when I did a reboot to add something in it wanted to delete the funding barrel. I just stopped using the barrel for now til I have a chance to try in debug mode or got time too look at the script.

Also noticed restricting a skill like chiv doesn't work unless you restrict every spell that goes with it same with necromancy.

Its late and I'm sleepy so can't remember if it was brought up ,but will you be making it where theres an advanced warning telling whos next up in a duel and who they are fighting? That was pretty much only thing players didn't like was the no warning and how fast they got into next duel.

Like I said great job on the system and keep up the great work.

sordican

Sorceror
If you don't mind I would like to make some suggestions for your next upgrade?
- add a (selectable) location where those who's out of the tourney will be placed
- add a timer between each fight, giving the players a little heads up
- maybe even add an announcer? "Next fight is A vs B"?
- add an option for staff to see who's signed up

I don't know how hard this is to code in for you, but they're just suggestions.
Thanks again for your script and your contribution to the community. :)