RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi all :D My first scripts <-- Imbuing system

zack0428

Page
This is what I keep getting each and every single time...

Any ideas about it ?

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.1, Build 4581.36499
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 4.0.30319
Core: Optimizing for 4 64-bit processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 3 warnings)
Warnings:
+ Custom Systems/imbuing/Imbuing.cs:
    CS0105: Line 8: The using directive for 'Server.Mobiles' appeared previously
in this namespace
    CS0162: Line 618: Unreachable code detected
+ Items/Addons/BaseAddonContainer.cs:
    CS0108: Line 41: 'Server.Items.BaseAddonContainer.Resource' hides inherited
member 'Server.Items.BaseContainer.Resource'. Use the new keyword if hiding was
intended.
+ Expansions/Stygian Abyss/SA Mobiles/SA Peerless/SlasherOfVeils.cs:
    CS0114: Line 115: 'Server.Mobiles.SlasherOfVeils.FireRing()' hides inherited
member 'Server.Mobiles.BasePeerless.FireRing()'. To make the current member ove
rride that implementation, add the override keyword. Otherwise add the new keywo
rd.
Errors:
+ Mobiles/PlayerMobile.cs:
    CS0246: Line 1824: The type or namespace name 'SFTotalsGump' could not be fo
und (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Im not worried about the warnings just the error ..

thanks

zack0428

Page
Yea.. I didnt notice that one until afterwards.. It was one small line of code that I was overlooking. And i read all these threads before posting .. Just one line of code that I kept overlooking..

rondelin

Sorceror
I must admit, I'm kinda confused on how the itemID portion of this system is supposed to work. It looks to me as though it requires 100 skill to identify anything which would mean without manually setting every player's skill to 100, the skill is useless and unable to be leveled. Seems fairly counter intuitive.
Yes in some ways its alot to ask of a crafting template which is why Im using IDItem script and making it a rare drop located on page 4 of this post.

rondelin

Sorceror
Brittle property:

I can remeber on OSI the Champion artifacts being brittle. I think I got Detective boots which did show wear even though Sollerets of sacrifice doesnt. Both have durability. So brittle property must be alot like : Fame and Virtues as they depreciate over time. Also curious if "Artifact Rarity" value has an impact on repair chance for example: "Sash of Britannia Guard" [regular sash would be normally quite easy for a tailor to repair even at skill levels below GM as would boots for that matter].

happymarc

Squire
I installed it in my custom scripts folder and its full of bugs when compiling... Am I suppose to add anything else then the last file ImbuingC you added, im also not using latest SVN...????

happymarc

Squire
I just wanted to say that I have finished implementing this on my Shard, everything works, I'm sure that there will be a couple of things to tweak...
But I just want to say a huge... THANK YOU :) This is wonderful :)

rondelin

Sorceror
I think you should send that a PM to the devoloper of this script, and delete what you wrote. Since you are explaining how to do it while many people are using this script on their shards. This shouldnt be public info maybe.

happymarc

Squire
I'm having serialization issues ever since I integrated this system to my Shard.

I basically only copied to my scripts all the code regarding Imbuing and Serialization but I on compliling it still asks me to delete all sorts of weapons...

Are the BaseWeapon, BaseClothing, BaseArmor and BaseJewel Files the only ones that have to be modified in terms of Serialization and Deserialization...?

Up to now I only get deletes for weapons...

Thanks guyz.

I think you should send that a PM to the devoloper of this script, and delete what you wrote. Since you are explaining how to do it while many people are using this script on their shards. This shouldnt be public info maybe.
okay, understand ...

thnx.

slother

Sorceror
Please, forgive-me for this noob question, but, where can I put these files ??where can I paste them ? thx a lot.

slother

Sorceror
each of these files would go into first the bases. baseweapon replaces base weapon in items weapons baseweapon. the imbue system itself goes into the customs folder...

Thx
But dont understand where I can put these files:
Imbuing.cs
ImbuingGumpB.cs
ImbuingGumpC.cs
Soulforge - crafted.cs
Soulforge - royalcity.cs

Can you tell-me please ? Thx =)

When you say custom folder, you mean Scripts/Custom Systems ?

happymarc

Squire
What you need to do is the following:

Download ''Beyond Compare''. It's a software that enables you to compare the text content of files.

Then you download the .rar file that DreamSeeker posted.

Then from there you must use Beyond Compare to open and compare HIS files with YOUR files and integrate HIS code from each file to YOUR code in each of YOUR files.

I believe that you need to integrate only the code that mentions imbuing and it usually is under something refered as ''Times Imbued''.

So do that for each files: BaseJewels, BaseWeapon, BaseArmor, BaseClothing and etc....

THEN, since imbuing uses specific ingredients such as Magical Residue, Raptor Teeth and all the Essences... If when compiling you see that they are not recognize and thus not integrated in your code, you must integrate them by copying them from the Orbsydia's UO files.

What I usually do is the following:

1) I download Tortoise and use it to download the Latest RunUO SVN, the latest Nerun's Distro SVN and the Latest Orbsydia SVN

2) All my work uses the latest RunUO SVN because it's the best in my opinion, but then I integrate the SA stuff from the Latest OrbUO SVN (Gargoyles, Mysticism and other cool SA Stuff that RunUO is not interested in integrating).

3) I use Beyond Compare to compare my Scripts and I progressively work on my Realm of Infinite Ultima Possibilities and Fun.

It takes a little bit of Work and time to understand How RunUO works , but it's not impossible and its very rewarding when you do.

Take it a step at a time and you'll see it's not so difficult. What you need to understand is that you have your UO official installation on your computer, and with RunUO files and scripts that you program, you basically determine what you want to be loaded from them in your realm. And when you compile, you compile thoses scripts you edited and you basically enable stuff in your realm.

RunUO Latest SVN is great with Nerun's Distro as a Base to play UO, but then with OrbUO you can progressively integrate SA stuff and have a blast ....

Don't hesitate to text me if you have any questions, I'm no crazy Expert but i've become a pretty good intermediate user of RunUO now after almost 3 years of playing with it.

slother

Sorceror
Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.1, Build 4611.26154
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
+ Skills/ItemIdentification.cs:
CS0101: Line 12: Espaço para nome 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'ItemIdentification'
CS0102: Line 28: Tipo 'Server.Items.ItemIdentification' already contains a defin
ition for 'InternalTarget'

Can anyone help-me ?

AND where i put this IDitem.cs ?

thx

slother

Sorceror
a wild error appears ... rsrsrs =(
Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.1, Build 4625.296
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 1 warnings)
Warnings:
+ Custom Systems/Imbuing.cs:
    CS0105: Line 8: Diretiva using para 'Server.Mobiles' apareceu anteriormente
neste espaço para nome
Errors:
+ Mobiles/PlayerMobile.cs:
    CS0234: Line 3092: Nome do espaço para nome ou tipo 'TamingBOBFilter' não ex
iste no espaço para nome 'Server.Engines.BulkOrders'. Precisa de uma referência
de módulo (assembly)?
    CS0234: Line 3101: Nome do espaço para nome ou tipo 'TamingBOBFilter' não ex
iste no espaço para nome 'Server.Engines.BulkOrders'. Precisa de uma referência
de módulo (assembly)?

and now, what can I do ?