RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW-TO: Use Razor on ANY shard...

Murzin

Knight
i cant seem to get razor to connect to Splintered Reality without going through uogateway... i tried using razor to connect to the shard but it locks on verifying.... anyone know how to get it to work right?

Lipsteak

Wanderer
Razor is not working!!!

Hi,

i try to install it but it is still not working
when i try to install
it gives error like this:
Razor requires the .NET framework in order to run ./nTo install it, please visit Microsoft Windows Update (windowsupdate.microsoft.com)/n/Razor installition cannot continue.

i have downloaded net framework from the microsoft web site but still it is not working.. im waiting for some players to help me.. thank you

I have seen several people metion the same problem I am having and I have seen no answer to it yet... When connecting to a shard from gateway (and yes I have it set to YES for razor on its settings) razor will not even load... When I try to load it myself and connect to it using the shards ip and the port # it gets stuck on verifdying account. It wouldnt hurt for someone to research and post backj on the issue.

Benozza

Wanderer
Can I use razor on sphere's shard?!

Is there a particulary client for sphere's shard? Can I use 2.0.x or 3.0.x or 4.0.x?

Thanks.

tonymerc

Wanderer
prob w patch

im haveing a problem the shard guardians unleashed has patches but when i log on razor wont show me the hues and custom art how do i fix this

Elvira35

Wanderer
Problems with getting Razor

I have been trying to down load Razor but it tells me my acount is not allowed to do this. Can someone please help me with this and let me know how I can get Razor? Thanks Elivra

Dargorr

Wanderer
'there is some problem communicating with origin me too

Hi i'm on beepk http://www.beepk.com when i try to connect myself it say 'there is some problem communicating with origin' but i'm not on OSI shard I use client 3.0.8j
I don't understand help me plz

Saben

Wanderer
Dargorr said:
Hi i'm on beepk http://www.beepk.com when i try to connect myself it say 'there is some problem communicating with origin' but i'm not on OSI shard I use client 3.0.8j
I don't understand help me plz

Beepk is a sphere shard; razor will work with client 3.0.8j but you have to
make sure that "Use OSI Encryption" is ON and "Patch Client Encryption" is
OFF in the welcome screen

Zippy;165685 said:
Even though shards can disallow Razor via UOGateway, you can still use Razor on these shards.

1. Find the Shard's IP Address and port.
2. Start Razor by double clicking Razor.exe
3. On the welcome window, enter the shard's IP and PORT, and launch razor.
4. You may now connect to this shard and use Razor as you normally would.

Ok. I am trying to connect to shards using uogateway with razor enabled. It works on 1 out of 3 shards. The other 2 it hangs on login. I CAN log into the other 2 if I put the login and port into razor but then I don't see the custom graphics for that shard which was why I was trying to use gateway in the first place. As I understand it uogateway is kinda dead in the water as far as being up to date. Anything I can do. I tried having razor pointed at the upgateway directory for that shard but didn't help.

Thanks in advance for any help.

lepar_m

Wanderer
Izual;165695 said:
I have put the IP and Port and still I get 'Veryifying Account' and it doesnt pull through, :( anyone know what thats about.. thx

This happens to me with the latest patch. The server gives the message as normal that I connect then immediately says encrypted client detected disconnecting but the client end stays in the connecting menu until i click to exit. No other error messages on the client end.

razor error

Exception @ 08-12-08 10:32:52.4999
System.InvalidOperationException: This Razor installation is corrupted.
at Assistant.Engine.Main(String[] Args)

what does that mean?

Erica

Knight
Dont Patch to 6.0.14.2 Razor Wont Work

Sorry i posted this in another post should be here tho for razor users do not patch osi 6.0.14.2 stay at the one before it which is 6.0.14.1 or you will stay stuck in verifying account with patch 6.0.14.2 just letting everyone know.