RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New client, encryption troubles, and Solutions!

Kind of funny uog wouldnt work so I switched to CUO worked fine locally and on a public server also had another person login on my shard using CUO and it worked great.

The issue seems rather random to me some having problems one way others having it the opposite and some not having a problem at all.

I am fully patched though and so were all the others involved so if you were wondering yeah same conditions as far as client version goes.

I wonder if anything else could cause a difference in how this works?

wieganka

Sorceror
Well, neither CUO nor Razor works for me when connecting locally...however using UORice works fine.

Guess it's a waiting game.

sordican

Sorceror
I'm running:

- Windows XP Pro SP2 w/all updates.
- Mondain's Legacy client version 5.0.7.0
- ConnectUO ver Beta 5 r.23195

Doesn't work here either. Cannot connect to my live shard, nor my local one. Neither RunUO 1.0 or 2.0 Getting the same message as many others, "encrypted client detected", and disconnect.

jaynigs

Wanderer
sordican said:
I'm running:

- Windows XP Pro SP2 w/all updates.
- Mondain's Legacy client version 5.0.7.0
- ConnectUO ver Beta 5 r.23195

Doesn't work here either. Cannot connect to my live shard, nor my local one. Neither RunUO 1.0 or 2.0 Getting the same message as many others, "encrypted client detected", and disconnect.

Not sure that you are getting the same as many others, since many others can connect to live shards that are not local.

sordican

Sorceror
jaynigs said:
Not sure that you are getting the same as many others, since many others can connect to live shards that are not local.

I am unable to connect at all. Not with UO-G, ConnectUO, Razor or even Rice!

Live shard (RunUO 1.0):
Code:
Client: 80.xxx.xx.98: Connected. [1 Online]
Client: 80.xxx.xx.98: Encrypted client detected, disconnecting
Client: 80.xxx.xx.98: Disconnected. [1 Online]

Local Shard (RunUO 2.0):
Code:
Client: 127.0.0.1: Connected. [1 Online]
Login: 127.0.0.1: Valid credentials for 'myacct'
Client: 127.0.0.1: Encrypted client detected, disconnecting
Client: 127.0.0.1: Disconnected. [0 Online] [myacct]

I don't see how these error-messages are different from the ones I've seen in this thread though.

jaynigs

Wanderer
sordican said:
I am unable to connect at all. Not with UO-G, ConnectUO, Razor or even Rice!

Live shard (RunUO 1.0):
Code:
Client: 80.xxx.xx.98: Connected. [1 Online]
Client: 80.xxx.xx.98: Encrypted client detected, disconnecting
Client: 80.xxx.xx.98: Disconnected. [1 Online]

Local Shard (RunUO 2.0):
Code:
Client: 127.0.0.1: Connected. [1 Online]
Login: 127.0.0.1: Valid credentials for 'myacct'
Client: 127.0.0.1: Encrypted client detected, disconnecting
Client: 127.0.0.1: Disconnected. [0 Online] [myacct]

I don't see how these error-messages are different from the ones I've seen in this thread though.

Sorry to hear of your troubles, At this moment, UO Gateway will not work, Not sure about Rice, if that is not updated then that wont work either, so you are left with 2 options, connectuo and razor, im not saying your error messages differ from others in this thread, all i am saying is that for many people, connectuo works for public servers, and razor works for local servers.

Have you definetly ticked patch client encryption? - i know this sounds like a silly question, but the versions of razor and connectuo that you have said you are running are identical to mine, and a few of my friends, and we have no problems at all. The only thing that differs is that your server is running Runuo 1.0 and mine is running 2.0, but im sure if it was limited to 1.0 servers, there will be more people mentioning the issue..