RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New client, encryption troubles, and Solutions!

clark71822

Sorceror
wangchung said:
yeah luckily tho... i have a pretty fast connection so it only takes about 5 min.. but i hate having to re-install all the crap anyways... lol it just so happens that i was banned from wow today too lol... =[ so i dont have a backup... (WOW being my backup) BUT if i wasnt banned from wow.. i wouldnt be able to talk to you guys =P and get the stuff i need to know

lol...well some of us aren't that lucky unfortunately...I have UO Gold and to download every patch over dialup takes a VERY long time lmao.

Warloxx

Sorceror
Ok Ill try, but Razor gives me nothing but grief everytime I try to use it....LoL round 5 for razor, here goes.. and Np I want to say thanks for working on it :) I can wait. Have a great weekend.

wangchung

Wanderer
lol yeah dial up sucks... but i will let it boil over hehe... and ill tell ya anything if i find anything out ok..? and thanks for helping me out too... i really appriciate it! =] later

Warloxx

Sorceror
Razor wins again, all I get is verifying account and its sits there Razor 1.0.4 btw, oh well

EDIT, Im a moron, it would help to put in the server addy and port ;) ya ya I know....

A_Li_N

Knight
Just thought I'd throw in my experience since I just now installed everything again.

I have the latest compile of the SVN, UO:ML installed and patched to completion and the latest CUO and Razor installed.

I add my local server to CUO. Named Local, remove encryption, 127.0.0.1, 2593. With CUO, it does not work...connects/disconnects with the encrypted client warning.

Same information with Razor, and it works fine.

Client version : 5.0.7.0 (Patch 37)

Sampiro

Wanderer
Same

I have the same problem with Connect UO and Razor. I try to connect to my own server and It says encrypted client. Same error as others have. But I can connect to everyone elses servers fine.

A

andrewd

this is really weird

i can connect using CUO but when i try to connect with razor enzbles i get errors

Jeff

Lord
You guys will need to be patient with the local connection issues, we are a bit baffeled as Razor and CUO use both the same code...for some razor works and not CUO and for others its the opposite. Doesnt make sense and on both mine and Zippy's machines both work :/

Serapis

Wanderer
trying to help

By the way i am using Uo mondain's legacy 2D I just downloaded it today and i have all the patches. Patch Client encrypion is checked. I am using beta 5 r.23195 ConnectUO. On the O.S.I log in screen it says i'm using UO Version 5.0.7.0 [patch 37]

{Note} i did not mean to sound like i was rushing you or your team in any way. i was just posting in replay to when you said.

{" Well im not sure, let this boil over the weekend, and lemme see how many ppl are having this issue, sorry for the inconvience but you may wanna try connecting locally with just Razor, its been updated itself too "}

Thank you for the haste of your replay. i hope this info helps fix this problem.

jtg1001

Sorceror
I have plenty of patience :) Just wanted to let you know what I was experiencing. There are work arounds I can use. Let me know if you want more specifics, pc specs, etc.

I appreciate the fact that you both updated the programs so quickly and provide them to the community. It's awesome to dedicate the time and effort that these things take. J

Ki Frost

Sorceror
O_O

Hey jeff, as you already know I couldnt connect with CUO, and I was really bored, so I downloaded and tryed razor and it worked like a charm.

dunno wtf is up with that...

Jeff

Lord
Ki Frost said:
O_O

Hey jeff, as you already know I couldnt connect with CUO, and I was really bored, so I downloaded and tryed razor and it worked like a charm.

dunno wtf is up with that...
ya same code, lol :shrug:

floppydisc

Sorceror
But they are no longer hardcoded. They are now calculated at runtime.
Fortunately, 5.0.7 uses the same keys as 3.0.7 :D

Jarrod

Sorceror
Warloxx said:
OK I got mine to connect and goto the RunUO TC screen (or name of the shard for some) but as soon as I hit the world to enter it says Connecting and the RunUO server cmd window tells me...

Client: 127.0.0.1: Encrypted client detected, disconnecting
Client: 127.0.0.1: Disconnected. [0 Online] [account name here]

any idea???

Same issue.

ConnectUO: Beta 5 r.23195
UO version: 5.0.7.0 (Patch 37)

wieganka

Sorceror
floppydisc said:
But they are no longer hardcoded. They are now calculated at runtime.
Fortunately, 5.0.7 uses the same keys as 3.0.7 :D

Nice...so you can't just search they keys anymore then...hmmm...