RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 2.0 Final Re-Pack

Gaea26

Sorceror
Ok, sorry if this is a dumb Q, but I've been away for quite awhile, and I'm tired lol. Are the systems in here compatible with the latest svn? (RC2.1) I'll eventually be updating my current shard, but ATM I'm starting from scratch with the latest (and hopefully greatest), then when ITS ready...I'll start making the changes to the old one. I've been trying to get several of these to work together for a couple of years, but I have had to settle for only parts of what I want. Thanks

seanandre

Sorceror
As far as I know, the systems contained in this Re-Pack only work for RunUO 2.0 Final, or RC1 or RC2. SOME of them may work for SVN. As for 2.1, it's too new and I have no plans on using it for a while, so I don't know. Your guess is as good as mine. Can't hurt to try.

tass23

Page
I'd love to be able to get this release working. I'm fully patched to 7.0.12.0 though, and as I understand it, this re-pack only supports up to 6.0.0.0. Anyone else have any luck getting it to work with 7.0.12.0?

Surllio

Sorceror
I've got an odd problem with this. Nothing's been tampered or tinkered with. Straight out of the Rar/zip file, run the Exe and Uo. Everything looks to be fine, till I log in with an account other than the administrator. I spawned everything, did the world gump and walked through everything, but some doors don't spawn, NPCs are invisible, and resources, notably wood, doesn't seem to be there. Am I missing a step or something?

seanandre

Sorceror
!!!!!UPDATE!!!!! !!!!!UPDATE!!!!! !!!!!UPDATE!!!!! !!!!!UPDATE!!!!! !!!!!UPDATE!!!!!
A new update has been posted to the Re-Pack. Please reffer to the first post in this thread for the latest information and changes that have been made to the system.
!!!!!UPDATE!!!!! !!!!!UPDATE!!!!! !!!!!UPDATE!!!!! !!!!!UPDATE!!!!! !!!!!UPDATE!!!!!

tass23

Page
Hi Sean, I downloaded the patch and applied it this morning, but when I launched the client and logged in under the Administrator account that was already made, as soon as I appeared at WBB, the client crashed, caused by a BEX error. This is what happened using the previous release you had posted. I'm running the most current patch 7.0.12.0.

Phr3d13

Sorceror
i think the highest you can patch with sean's re-pack is about 7.0.8.2. That might be why you're having issues.
edit: upon further info gathering, it seems a bex error is 64-bit related. you might need to find a runuo.exe made for 64 bit, or maybe some sort of compatibility mode for your client

tass23

Page
Well I have a runUO64-bit and I've used it with the various releases I've had problems with, also including the zlib64.dll file as well. Going through other posts, there are a few others with a similar problem. With all the many different releases of RunUO that I've found, only one has actually worked out of the box. Others cause my toon to freeze upon login, or I login and crash the client, login and crash the server. (shrugs)

Phr3d13

Sorceror
well, i know that this package is built from runuo 2.0 and the highest client ver is about 7.0.8.2 or so. you would either have to figure out how to update this system to 2.1 or install another client but only patch up to about 7.0.8.0 or lower

seanandre

Sorceror
Actually the re-pack was designed around client 6.0.0.0 although my family and I use patch 7.0.3.0 on our production shard and it seems to be working fine. We noticed without patched 7.0.3.0 a lot of the graphics in caves come up not in use.

Sean

seanandre

Sorceror
Okay, WOOPS! I guess the link was from an old update file LOL! Hang on, we'll get it fixed in a minute.

UPDATE:

Okay, all fixed. Sorry about that everyone. No more DropBox link.

Sean

seanandre

Sorceror
A new update has been posted to the Re-Pack. Please reffer to the first post in this thread for the latest information and changes that have been made to the system.
!!!!!UPDATE!!!!! !!!!!UPDATE!!!!! !!!!!UPDATE!!!!! !!!!!UPDATE!!!!! !!!!!UPDATE!!!!!​

seanandre

Sorceror
I'm sure it's possible, however, I'm no good with scripting deeds. I once used the Blackthorn Resurrection Quest deed that you get after completing the quest as a template to make a voting reward deed which would give players a choice of which Evo Weapon they wanted, but I don't remember how I did that. Making deeds from scratch is beyond my capabilities unfortunately.

Sean