RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 2.0 Final Re-Pack

tass23

Page
Such is the price for running a free shard. If you want to play UO and don't want to deal with certain patches not working, might as well fork out the monthly fee and play on a sanctioned Mythic shard.

yeah but still i play paid shard to man not just free one but i just wanted to creat one for fun but i still play the other one and wut i was looking for autopatch my server with my client i got it

cmileto

Wanderer
I was trying to mod the stargate system by fingers so that it doesnt show the stargates as discovered by administrator. Looked thru the .cs for it a bit and was confused. Im new to scripting.
I upgraded the system to v3.1 using this post http://www.runuo.com/community/thre...e-travel-system-v3-0.85639/page-4#post-732581 which worked painlessly. Then I added the updates from this post http://www.runuo.com/community/thre...e-travel-system-v3-0.85639/page-5#post-732598 which also went easy. No editing needed.
However it still reads the gates as discovered by Administrator and I want my son and his friends to be able to find them. Im going to try editing the xml file in \RunUO\Data\Stargate Data\SGData.XML and see if this works for me.
Has anyone else tried this with Sean's repack?? Is the system still being supported by fingers? Should I ask in his thread on it?

Savvy

Wanderer
I just created an account here at RunUo.com for one sole purpose. That is to thank all the people who created this Re-Pack. For the past couple years on and off i have been trying to find a way to play Ultima Online, ironically, offline. Only a few moments after downloading this file did I have everything working. This is truly amazing! I just wanted to stop and let you (or maybe there is more than one of y'all i cant tell) that what you are doing is appreciated. Keep the good work coming!

Your New Friend

Savvy

dragonlady

Sorceror
here is a problem i came across, when u bring the guardian of the magics out, players killed him and the server restarts, ecverytime, anyone know how to fix this?

FingersMcSteal

Sorceror
I was trying to mod the stargate system by fingers so that it doesnt show the stargates as discovered by administrator. Looked thru the .cs for it a bit and was confused. Im new to scripting.
I upgraded the system to v3.1 using this post http://www.runuo.com/community/thre...e-travel-system-v3-0.85639/page-4#post-732581 which worked painlessly. Then I added the updates from this post http://www.runuo.com/community/thre...e-travel-system-v3-0.85639/page-5#post-732598 which also went easy. No editing needed.
However it still reads the gates as discovered by Administrator and I want my son and his friends to be able to find them. Im going to try editing the xml file in \RunUO\Data\Stargate Data\SGData.XML and see if this works for me.
Has anyone else tried this with Sean's repack?? Is the system still being supported by fingers? Should I ask in his thread on it?

If you just place the gate platforms there should be no name's given, the 1st time the crystal's used (the dial thingy) then the names given to it. As the admin, just place them and don't use them should sort it out.

Thanks for the attention Fingers. The problem i was having is that with this repack they are already all found by the admin and display as such upon first launch of the repack. Is there an easy way to 'unfind' them? I poked around a bit but frankly couldnt find satisfaction. Would like to have it so my son and his friends can discover them and what not.

tass23

Page
Familiar, what you'd have to do is go to each stargate and remove it, then re-add it. Make sure you remove the stargate using it's admin interface AT the location of the gate you are removing. That's going to be the only way to do it. If you try to alter code to remove the gates, it'll screw up the entire system.

FingersMcSteal

Sorceror
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<StargateAddresses>
  <StargateEntry>
    <SGHideDial>False</SGHideDial>
    <SGX>5445</SGX>
    <SGY>1159</SGY>
    <SGZ>0</SGZ>
    <SGFacing>S</SGFacing>
    <SGStyle>1</SGStyle>
    <SGCanBeUsed>True</SGCanBeUsed>
    <SGBeingUsed>False</SGBeingUsed>
    <SGEnergy>False</SGEnergy>
    <SGHidden>True</SGHidden>
    <SGDiscovered>Nobody</SGDiscovered>
    <SGLocationName>Default Unnamed</SGLocationName>
    <SGFacetCode>2</SGFacetCode>
    <SGAddressCode1>1</SGAddressCode1>
    <SGAddressCode2>2</SGAddressCode2>
    <SGAddressCode3>3</SGAddressCode3>
    <SGAddressCode4>4</SGAddressCode4>
    <SGAddressCode5>5</SGAddressCode5>
  </StargateEntry>
</StargateAddresses>

The other option (only one i can think of right now), for every location replace the SGDiscovered tag in the XML file with... <SGDiscovered>Nobody</SGDiscovered>

Not great if you have lots of gates but the only thing i could think of.

Savvy

Wanderer
I was wondering if someone could help me find a few things? I dont know where the spellcrafting vendor is (or how to add one if there isnt one) and also i dont understand how to get evo weapons and tameables. if someone could tell me or point me in the right direction to find this info id really appreciate it. Thanks!

tass23

Page
The Evo Weapons should be placed on a vendor, or added to loot packs or spawned. You could also add them to new character's backpacks after creation. As for the Spellcrafting vendor, you have to spawn those.

Savvy

Wanderer
I tried adding the Spellcrafting vendor via Admin command [Add -> Mobiles -> vendors but i saw no such Spellcrafting vendor

tass23

Page
The vendor is called a Spellcrafter. Try using a spawner instead of the add menu though, easier to remove them that way ;)

maximus_dc

Wanderer
Hey guys,

I started to use locally this pack, but I having a sort of problem with BODs, usually when u drop your BOD to the vendor, automatically the countdown resets and you're able to have a new one, that's not happening with this pack (U still need to wait the 60'). I already tried to work with the scripts but I can't find what I need to change to "fix" this. if someone could tell me what I need to do, id really appreciate it. Thanks!