RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 2.0 Final Re-Pack

Syn316

Wanderer
REinstall your UO client. and when it patches. stop it at 6.0.0.0

It is a long patch, Time wise. so you should be able to catch it and stop it before it downloads/installs the next patch after 6.0.0.0

Roaming

Sorceror
I finally see why no one has added Daat99 and FS:AST Gen 2 to the current SVN, it took all this time debugging scripts just to get a successful compile. Though I have to admit, after looking at the code and change log by C.2k.. wow has he done a lot of work.

I am unsure how easy it will be to just add some of the "normal" scripts to the current SVN, there are some rather huge structure changes and how things are handles, some of which do not easily translate over. You can't even just toss a mobile in the custom directory and expect it to compile without some changes. On the flip side just features added to it and some of the bug fixes make it very impressive.

The reason I am letting you know this is not to sure you want to change the re-pack, I think it would be useful only if you want to clean up a lot of bugs and be current but as you stated, it could cause some hassles down the road as well

deides

Traveler
i got daat and fsat to compile a while ago, but then i had major issues with ressources not spawning (only regular iron and logs). I also had to delete a few of the daat .cs files to get it to compile so i figured it was unstable and scraped the entire project.

i love FSAT though.

sean, i would strongly recommend randomencounters to your shard. easy (no distro mods) and it really bring the uo experience to another level. you never know when you will be atacked in a dungeon - how fun!!

Roaming

Sorceror
deides;857491 said:
i got daat and fsat to compile a while ago, but then i had major issues with ressources not spawning (only regular iron and logs). I also had to delete a few of the daat .cs files to get it to compile so i figured it was unstable and scraped the entire project.
i love FSAT though.

Yeah, you either had to remove entire code files or recode things to handle the new structure, since the goal was for me to get this thing working.. I decided to recode everything. I have yet to start testing, that was a fairly intense 4 days.. hehe Some time today I hope to start testing out things (these two scripts do so much that is a lot of testing)

The main reason I am doing this is because of the massive changes, if and when RunUO moves to the next release (be it 2.1 or whatever).. there will once again be a large rift between scripts. Starting now will help resolve that rift I figure. Plus it will be easier starting now and keeping up with changes, then starting later and trying to handle even more changes.

deides;857491 said:
sean, i would strongly recommend randomencounters to your shard. easy (no distro mods) and it really bring the uo experience to another level. you never know when you will be atacked in a dungeon - how fun!!

I just seen this script this morning and have to agree with you, it looks nice. I can see a lot of potential as it is now to work along side the current spawner. If I wasn't in the middle of the above stuff, I would be adding this and checking it out.

zander11891

Sorceror
Unused tile

All the stargates have an "unused tile" instead of the crystal that activates it... it works but it kind of bugs me :p

Edit: Fixed it. Turns out my UO was under patched. Probably only works for 6.0.0.0 +

Roaming

Sorceror
zander11891;857772 said:
All the stargates have an "unused tile" instead of the crystal that activates it... it works but it kind of bugs me :p

Edit: Fixed it. Turns out my UO was under patched. Probably only works for 6.0.0.0 +

yep, exactly what I was going to suggest :)

seanandre

Sorceror
*****UPDATES*****
Please reffer to the first post in this thread as a new update to the Re-Pack has been released.
*****UPDATES*****

DarkRanger89

Wanderer
I need your help if possible. How did you get the Advanced Pet System to compile? It keeps giving me a "no suitable method found to override. Pls help. I'm new to scripting and have no idea what to do.

DarkRanger89

Wanderer
Also I thought you might like to know that I ran this re-pack and for some reason the resources are not working right. It doesn't give any of them a type so you can't craft with them.

JayJayJay

Squire
Excellent re-pack I love it and it has saved me tons of work on setting up my server. Only glitch/bug I have found is with the taming bods. When you get one you can turn it in directly to the npc full or empty doesnt matter and it gives you credit for a completed BoD.

seanandre

Sorceror
DarkRanger89, this Re-Pack was designed around client version 6.0.0.0. Anything later and it causes problems with certain scripts contained within it. You'll have to uninstall Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy and re-install it, and patch up to 6.0.0.0 and stop there in order to use it. Nothing we can do about it. We wanted to use v5.0.9.1 so we could make use of the 3D client, but that wasn't possible either unfortunately. As for your problems compiling, I have attached a text file to this post that was very instrumental in helping everything compile together in this repack.

JayJayJay, thank you for the comments, and reporting the bug. We'll see what we can do about it.

Sean

Attachments

• AnimalTaming-RoninGT-Install.txt
    34.7 KB · Views: 15

seanandre

Sorceror
Yeah, I can't get it to download right now either, but it was working earlier. The server may be temporarly unavailable right now. Wait a little while and try again. If it keeps up I'll upload the file somewhere else.

Sean

DarkRanger89

Wanderer
I did the 6a step, placing all the files manually. It's giving me a no suitable method to override on all my creature mounts and a few other things like my AOS's. I have someone trying to fix it on the Animal system thread but I'm open to any other suggestions. Do I have to be patched to 6.0 for the script to work?

Hilmio

Sorceror
Nice one Seanandre, got the file and updated mine, I've even taught myself how to save my changes and install them once I've updated, good work. Still not sure about those bulky Stargates tho :p

Darklady73

Sorceror
I downloaded the version just before you updated with the xanthos evo. Is there a way you can just add the new stuff with instructions of what to merge where for those of us who have the repacked version? It seems a bit of a pain to have to download the whole thing everytime there's an update. Know what I mean?

Just making simple and much smaller patch update zip or rars with the new stuff and include instructions would make things faster in the future. It would also save your site from crashing when everyone tries to download such large files. Just a suggestion.

seanandre

Sorceror
The first post in this thread has been updated with a new download link. Apparently when we woke up this morning we ended up getting an E-Mail from DropBox telling us our public links have been suspended due to excessive download traffic. Apparently they're not as free as everyone thought they were.

Darklady73, the only changes that get made to the server are script additions. If you want to keep your server the way you have it, just copy your save folder to the new updated repack folder and everything you've done to your server from that point on should be transferred over to the new one, including accounts.

Like I said, all we do is add scripts. The Stargate system is the only thing we actually set up to give people an idea of what a server looks like with a fully set up stargate system with locations to go to. And anything we have added up to this point has not required any core modifications or distro edits, so if you want to add the changes we have made you can simply look for the scripts we have added and put them in yourself using the instructions laid out for you in those posts.

Sean

Felladrin

Sorceror
Hi, seanandre. I didn't download the pack, but I saw the size, ~180MB, right?

I'd like to suggest removing some folders before compressing, to make the pack smaller:
  1. Backup folder
  2. Output folder (it's inside Scripts folder)
  3. Logs folder
  4. Docs folder
  5. Accounts folder (it's inside Save folder)

The Backup folder isn't necessary if the Save folder is Ok.
The Output folder isn't necessary since people will change some scripts when they get the pack, so the scrips will be recompiled, replacing the files on that folder.
The Logs folder isn't necessary, as they are from your shard.
The Docs folder isn't necessary because they can be regenerated when people get the pack.
Removing the Accounts folder will make the console warn the server has no accounts, so it will ask to create a new admin account. So people can create an admin account with the name and password they want.

I don't know if these folders are really there, I just think they are.

I can't remember any other folder now, but if there's others that can be removed, I come back to post.

It's nice to see someone sharing a pack like this. Keep it up! It's really useful.

Ah, it can be a good idea to use google docs to host the pack. It offers 1024 MB, for any type of file. And the google service is great, so I think you wouldn't have problems with it.

DarkRanger89

Wanderer
seanandre;865127 said:
DarkRanger89, this Re-Pack was designed around client version 6.0.0.0. Anything later and it causes problems with certain scripts contained within it. You'll have to uninstall Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy and re-install it, and patch up to 6.0.0.0 and stop there in order to use it. Nothing we can do about it. We wanted to use v5.0.9.1 so we could make use of the 3D client, but that wasn't possible either unfortunately. As for your problems compiling, I have attached a text file to this post that was very instrumental in helping everything compile together in this repack.

JayJayJay, thank you for the comments, and reporting the bug. We'll see what we can do about it.

Sean

Ok, I patched to 6.0.0.0 and downloaded the new repack and it still isn't labeling the ore and refuses to let me smelt into ingots. Either I'm just really slow and missing something or the script still isn't working for me and Idk why. I'm sorry to be such a pain but I like everything else on the pack and would love to use it but I need to be able to craft. So what next?