RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 2.0 Final Re-Pack

Roaming

Sorceror
seanandre;854579 said:
That all may have something to do with the client version. Maybe requiring v6.0.0.0 was a bad idea LOL! Although I don't know how the project survived this long without me noticing that one. My wife and I play on this with our kids and we're always getting rewards every 30 days.

I wonder if all this can be corrected just by puting a cliloc.enu file from the latest patches of Mondain's Legacy in the RunUO main folder where the EXE is run from. I remember a while back on RunUO 1.0, there was a script that required the latest patched AOS cliloc.enu to be in the RunUO main folder. I think it was called the Interest System or something like that, that gave you interest on your tokens and gold. I have no clue.

Roaming, that would be great if you could let us know of problems as you see them. I just hope that we can all work together to correct them as some of these problems may be out of my league. Although we have done pretty well so far with everyone's help.

Sean

yeah, I did wonder about client version as well. I am currently use 5.0.9.1 from a download of a online shard I play on at the moment. Once I get my feet wet again I will no doubt be able to assist more then just listing errors, not only did I used to help develop stuff for a few shards a few years back but also fairly skilled with .Net as well. So it will just take a little getting used to RunUO/UO again :)

WeaselOne

Sorceror
the elements.ca an gargoyles knife works yes but now all the leather elementals spawns have uber str,int,dex an hits ect so now they are 1 hit wonders how do i change this problem now. back on looking at the gargoyles knife script an elements script , or figure out a harvesting script like the other 2 use umm need help!!

Roaming

Sorceror
Since everyone seems to be playing with the gargoyle tools and spawning, I figured I would start looking there. I am running a default unzip that was just released the other day.

1. Leather Elementals do not spawn, have yet to look into the scripts to figure out why exactly because the system thinks they do based on the messages.
2. Ore and Wood Elements spawn like they should.

I did create a quick command script to allow me to test the spawning and look at stats a bit faster, I will add it here just in case others find it useful. When I get a chance later today I will try to find out if the leather elemental is a local or package problem

Edit: uploaded an altered elemental.cs script from "Scripts\Daat99\New\". The problem was in how it was checking to determine what body type to used. With this working I was able to also check for stats being a bit to aggressive and they all seemed on par.

Attachments

• ElementalSpawn.cs
    2.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Elementals.cs
    12.3 KB · Views: 15

seanandre

Sorceror
Okay, now just 1 question. Do we put this cliloc.enu file in the RunUO folder where the EXE is run from like I figured? Or do you replace the one in your client?

Sean

Roaming

Sorceror
seanandre;854855 said:
Okay, now just 1 question. Do we put this cliloc.enu file in the RunUO folder where the EXE is run from like I figured? Or do you replace the one in your client?

Sean

In the client folder, I renamed the old one (because I was testing at the time) to something else and copied the new one in the link into the client directory. I am unsure if or how it can work from the server side.

On my to do list sometime soon is go through and test a bunch of different things with it but so far from glancing over where I seen the issues with string id, all were fixed. (If I recall there was an issue with string id being shown with crafting and have not even touched that with regard to testing)

Roaming

Sorceror
Also, not sure how or if you want to handle things like this but if I add a package to my install and test everything to make sure it works.. would you like me to provide a link and the file used? As an example, I installed an player npc deed script package this morning and played with it, seems to be working for initial tests. I also want to update the package eventually to Nerun's Distro current version.

seanandre

Sorceror
At the moment we're only interested in adding stuff that is useful. If you get it running with the latest Nerun's Distro, just provide us with the exact script edits that you have to do and we'll throw it in this package.

EDIT: And Roaming, your Cliloc.enu file is not downloading. Every time I click on it, it tells me to wait 20 seconds, and when the 20 seconds is up, it says page cannot be displayed.

Sean

Roaming

Sorceror
seanandre;854898 said:
Roaming, your Cliloc.enu file is not downloading. Every time I click on it, it tells me to wait 20 seconds, and when the 20 seconds is up, it says page cannot be displayed.

I downloaded it just fine, unsure of the forum rules regarding uploads like this. Can I just zip it up and upload it here?

seanandre

Sorceror
Nevermind I got it. I was looking on the wrong side of the page. Didn't see the download button directly in my face.

I wouldn't post anything from the client. Might be a violation of the forums due to copyright. It's not one of their files, it's a file from the actual client itself.

EDIT: Come up in the next week or so will be another update to the Re-Pack. Added the Elemental.cs Roaming posted to fix the elementals from the Gargoyle's Knife, and added a few more things. Stay tuned to the first post in this thread.

Sean

Roaming

Sorceror
seanandre;855104 said:
Nevermind I got it. I was looking on the wrong side of the page. Didn't see the download button directly in my face.

I wouldn't post anything from the client. Might be a violation of the forums due to copyright. It's not one of their files, it's a file from the actual client itself.

EDIT: Come up in the next week or so will be another update to the Re-Pack. Added the Elemental.cs Roaming posted to fix the elementals from the Gargoyle's Knife, and added a few more things. Stay tuned to the first post in this thread.

Sean

I am finishing up the testing for Nerun's Distro 5.2.1.a, so should have that uploaded here I hope tomorrow (maybe tonight if my wife can give me some peace). I need to verify the issue in Z is caused do to I am using an older client and not something in the spawn data.

Roaming

Sorceror
This will update Nerun's Distro to the current version, I tested it with a clean unzip into the repack structure and it worked without any issues.

Attachments

• RunUO RePack ND 5.2.1.a.rar
    49.3 KB · Views: 26

seanandre

Sorceror
giric, thank you for participating, but please allow me to do the re-pack releases. I don't want anybody confused. If you have something you would like to contribute, please let us know and we'll see what we can do.

EDIT: And if somebody thinks they can get one of these Mondain's Legacy scripts to work together with this system, by all means, go for it. Just please make sure everything works together with the latest release, and that there are no errors. I'm afraid that's way out of my league.

Sean

Roaming

Sorceror
seanandre;855321 said:
And if somebody thinks they can get one of these Mondain's Legacy scripts to work together with this system, by all means, go for it. Just please make sure everything works together with the latest release, and that there are no errors. I'm afraid that's way out of my league.

Actually took a few minutes this morning and looked at that, downloaded the SVN but still need to setup everything in VS 2010 then compile. That will make adding new scripts and debugging easier. Once I get there will then track down all the separate downloads you have added to yours and start added.

giric

Sorceror
Hi Guys,

Just found a small-ish problem in the repack..

With A_Li_N's ACC System, there are 2 files missing - This plays havoc if anyone wished to install any of his other packages that rely on ACC.

The missing files are: ACCGumpParams.cs and GlobalSettings.cs

Excellent Job so far, and i can't wait to see what Roaming can come up with on the ML front :)
Giric

seanandre

Sorceror
Damn! I knew something was missing. Attempting to find those now.

EDIT: Found it. All I had to do was download the latest Core and Central Memory systems from A_Li_N's posts and apply it and it works. It'll be in the next release. Kinda waiting to see if Roaming can get an ML package working for us before I do the next release.

Sean

Roaming

Sorceror
seanandre;855634 said:
It'll be in the next release. Kinda waiting to see if Roaming can get an ML package working for us before I do the next release.

I have ML now where it compiles cleanly and in a working environment, now trying to figure out all the packages to get installed. I am not to sure about just using this the ml server exe with your scripts because it can be missing a lot of modifications made for the current ML. (Of course doing all this while painting my porch doesn't help much..lol)

seanandre

Sorceror
Are you doing this in RunUO 2.0 Final? Or SVN? I've already screwed with SVN and would rather not use it. It's too much of a pain in the ass for me to get stuff working on it. That's why I decided to come out with this Re-Pack in 2.0 Final, because it's a LOT easier. I was under the impression that you were going to work on trying to get one of these ML scripts out to work with 2.0 Final. I'm no genius, but wouldn't it be just a matter of changing a few variables in some scripts? If it requires any core updates, forget it. I don't know why nobody ever released a ML package for 2.0 Final anyway. SVN is just dumb! Sure it works with a lot more than 2.0 Final, but it completely defeats the purpose of my coming out with this Re-Pack. I rather enjoy RunUO 2.0 Final over SVN any day.