RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 2.0 has been released!

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
RunUO 2.0 has been released!

Last night we pushed RunUO 2.0 to the website for download. Some of you have already found it (oh the joy's of riding on irc.runuo.com #runuo) and downloaded it.

We've provided three packages for the final release of RunUO 2.0 which you can download. They are RunUO 2.0 Final, RunUO 2.0 Final for MONO and RunUO 2.0 Final Source Code.

At this point the SVN has been branched and we've added a web based SVN where the tree is now public. You'll find the SVN at WebSVN - RunUO - Rev 400 - / for your viewing pleasure.

This officially means RunUO 2.0 is out of the "RC" phase and is a production ready release (as if it wasnt already!) and you can upgrade to it as soon as you're ready! A change log will follow when we get time to compile the over 100 commits that were done to the SVN between RC2 and Final.

We hope you enjoy!

Corpsecrank

Sorceror
I'm just waiting for the changelog so I can see what all is new in this one. Still it sure is nice to see an actual release.

Can anyone confirm ML content? Not that it's that important but I am curious about how much of ML we will see in this one.

This release should have complete support for 7.x clients, AFAIK.

But Ryan, wasn't RunUO 2.0 Final milestone the full ML implementation? We are still far from it! Well, if the milestone changed... let's go for RunUO 3.0 :)

EDIT: to who is asking if full ML is coded, the answer should be "no" (unless Ryan coded it secretly), but there should be some of fixes & nerfs from ML that you should have already seen in the SVN.
In Demise forums are changelogs of various SVNs, but I'm sure a RunUO 2.0 changelog is already published, or it will be published soon.

greywolf79

Sorceror
Awesome!!! I have been waiting a long time for the 2.0 final release.

One question though... Does it come with ML already in it or does that need to be added still? And if it needs to be added do we use the SVN version or the modified RC2 style of the ML install? I am just curious, I want ML in my shard but was never able to get it to work on my RC1 or RC2 shards...

GreyWolf79.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
We are working at length to complete ML with the Demise team. RunUO 2.0 has been stable enough for a long time to not be a release candidate so we moved the milestone of having the ML content completed out. I apologize for not clarifying this in the release post.

RunUO 2.0 is not feature complete for ML. We do plan on completing ML and possibly adding items from releases post ML.

If you're interested in getting involved in this process you should feel free to open a bug report on the tracker and add any code that will fix the bug as an attachment so that we can get these things complete.

Ryan;814211 said:
If you're interested in getting involved in this process you should feel free to open a bug report on the tracker and add any code that will fix the bug as an attachment so that we can get these things complete.

hmmm... to have two separate things (the RunUO tracker and the Demise forums) is not a good idea IMHO, we should decide what to keep and what to leave.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
osd_daedalus;814227 said:
hmmm... to have two separate things (the RunUO tracker and the Demise forums) is not a good idea IMHO, we should decide what to keep and what to leave.

psz was already informed that the tracker is the proper place.

psz

Administrator
I've just been extremely busy for the past two weeks :-P

(Thanks for the reminder!)

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
psz;814237 said:
I've just been extremely busy for the past two weeks :-P

(Thanks for the reminder!)

IVE HAD A BABY!!! I'm up all night with feedings, diapers and the what-not and I am still making time :) Get it in gear mister!

Kamon

Wanderer
What is the ML content that's already built in RunUO Final?. I tried to use spellweaving but none of the spell where in the gump when I [add

Ravenal

Knight
Ryan;814249 said:
IVE HAD A BABY!!! I'm up all night with feedings, diapers and the what-not and I am still making time :) Get it in gear mister!

Kind of why I am cutting you some slack bud =)

Hammerhand

Knight
Ryan;814249 said:
Congrats Ryan! I remember those nights of no sleep, followed by the days of trying to work only to be followed by the nights of no sleep. But its worth it. My oldest daughter just recently graduated from high school (makes me feel so old sometimes). I havent checked the 2.0 release yet, but will this weekend. Keep up the good work!

Corpsecrank

Sorceror
Ryan;814211 said:
We are working at length to complete ML with the Demise team. RunUO 2.0 has been stable enough for a long time to not be a release candidate so we moved the milestone of having the ML content completed out. I apologize for not clarifying this in the release post.

RunUO 2.0 is not feature complete for ML. We do plan on completing ML and possibly adding items from releases post ML.

Thanks for the update on ML. Glad to hear that ML and possibly more are still planned. I still have some of my resources laying around that detailed some of the changes that took place during ML things they did for balancing pvp and changes made to the way some of the content worked like timer adjustments on things etc. I may be able to provide some useful bits and pieces like exact formulas for different things and so on.