RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO Announces RunUOForge

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
RunUO Announces RunUOForge

The RunUO Team is pleased to announce the launch of RunUOForge. As many of you are already familiar with SourceForge we thought we could make the world of RunUO a little more organized by centralizing everything that has to do with RunUO. We have built out a Trove category based on the possible modifications of RunUO.

This is a place where you can house your scripts, core modifications and even complete forks of RunUO if you'd like. If you're interested in checking it out you can find it at RunUOForge (please note you will need to register an account).

Quoted from our website:

RunUOForge helps you manage your project

RunUOForge has tools to help your team collaborate when applicable, like message forums and mailing lists; tools to create and control access to Source Code Management repositories like CVS and Subversion. RunUOForge automatically creates a repository and controls access to it depending on the role settings of the project.

If you register an account be sure to check your "spam" folder for emails because it's very likely that your confirmation email could get tagged as SPAM. Please enusre that you add *@runuo.com and *@runuoforge.org to your safe senders list!

We look forward to seeing all of your projects get added. If you have any feedback or items that need to be added to the categories please let us know so that we can do so!

We wanted to thank the GForge Group for the free GForge Advanced Server license for our site and all of the people who helped us test it and make sure that it was working.

Thanks,
Ryan

CEO

Sorceror
Would Script Libraries, IE all the scripts by a specific author, that are maintained and supported by the original author be an acceptable 'project'? If so, perhaps you can add something like 'Script Library' into the Topic selection list? Or is the Forge for major projects/systems/forks and not one-off stuff? IE do you want scripts still posted into custom script area or have those active authors with a lot of various scripts start their own libs and link to the new Forge?

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
CEO;718254 said:
Would Script Libraries, IE all the scripts by a specific author, that are maintained and supported by the original author be an acceptable 'project'? If so, perhaps you can add something like 'Script Library' into the Topic selection list? Or is the Forge for major projects/systems/forks and not one-off stuff? IE do you want scripts still posted into custom script area or have those active authors with a lot of various scripts start their own libs and link to the new Forge?

You could do that... or you could just make each script it's own project...

Then link to your profile which will show all of your projects!

I'm a bit slow right now. Does this allow to have my script in an SVN and when I want to fix a bug or whatever I just update the revision and the old version is still available?
Sounds like this will cost a lot of extra space, if it is used. But if it's intended to be used for scripts too I will do it in future.

Jeff

Lord
Kamuflaro;718361 said:
I'm a bit slow right now. Does this allow to have my script in an SVN and when I want to fix a bug or whatever I just update the revision and the old version is still available?
Sounds like this will cost a lot of extra space, if it is used. But if it's intended to be used for scripts too I will do it in future.

Yup thats basically it.

Its pretty cool, you can track bugs, downloads, versions, reports, svn, add/remove developers, team management, all types of fun cool things.

Ray

Sorceror
This is awesome! I'm looking forward to some really astonishing, collaborative projects :cool: