RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO Announces RunUOForge

Lord_Helmchen;775281 said:
It seems quite dead. More than one month and not even a statement mentioning what's up with it.

I think their main priority is to get ConnectUO fixed and a couple of other things before they think about getting RunUOForge running again.

gangelo

Wanderer
Is this site still up? If not, why is this thread still around confusing people? If so, when's it coming back online?

Jeff

Lord
gangelo;789850 said:
Is this site still up? If not, why is this thread still around confusing people? If so, when's it coming back online?

No it's not.
Cause no one deleted it.
Probably never.

Hammerhand

Knight
HellRazor;789892 said:
And a few dozen voices cried out...

"My source code...! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
Funny... didnt hear a thing. You sure they werent in your head? Or did you just imagine that you heard them? Or.... did you just imagine that they were in your head? Or did Jeff just imagine this whole thing after eating some bad tofu? Is there such a thing as GOOD tofu? :confused:

brodock

Sorceror
Sugestion to reactivate RunUO Forge

As RunUOForge is down, i sugest a better aproach to revitalize RunUO Community...

I suggest that you host a Gitorious repository here.

Gitorious is like Github (and as the name sugest, it's based on git).

Git has several advantages over SVN/CVS. The two most of are the speed and the fact that everyone can easily fork your code.

Gitorious help even more on the "fork" field, as you can fork any project and have it setuped to your account with just one click.

The same way it's easy to fork, it's also easy to send patches to upstream.

It's also has a small footprint, as it's run on Ruby on Rails.

I suggest to run it on Apache with Passenger and Rails Enterprise (both opensource).

For reference: Free open source project hosting - Gitorious