RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO Update

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
RunUO Update

We are currently in the process of preparing RunUO 2.0 RC2 for release. I would expect this release hopefully by the end of the month. I do not have a detailed list of changes but please stay tuned.

When RunUO 2.0 RC2 is released we will be doing an email blast to update our users.

We've also added a RunUO "Server Support on Mono" forum for those of you who like to use Linux!

Thanks,
Ryan

FingersMcSteal

Sorceror
Be nice to see something like an instruction manual type of thing to go with it, like a 'This is what you'll get included with it' type of thing for new starter's.

Anyway, just a thought but yeah, this is great news.

I'd have dropped UO a long time ago if it wasn't for this project.

mehoo

Sorceror
Thank you, this project brought me back to UO, keep up the great work!

will this version work with vista?

Liacs

Sorceror
whohoo! Thanks so much to you all guys!
*hugs and kisses all core devellopers on the cheeks enthusiastically*

also from me the question: will it run on vista? :D

Erica

Knight
Great Job Ryan Thumbs Up .
*PS* was curious as well since some are asking is RunUO 2.0 RC2 Going to support Windows Vista Was just curious.

Tru

Knight
Trip3033;712075 said:
RunUO 2.0 RC1 scripts is Still going to work with the new updated RunUO 2.0 RC2 right?

As always there will be Mods, thats what the SVN's are all about, but they are usually minor/easy.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
In regards to Windows Vista support...

I've been getting a lot of questions about this lately and suffice to say Windows Vista support is not on the docket for 2.0 RC2.

There are a few reasons for this...

#1 - Windows Vista is not a 'server' operating system. RunUO is designed to be run on a Server. This would mean Windows 2003 and in the future Windows 2008 (which we hope to test by the time we release).

#2 - Windows Vista really isn't all that stable of a Desktop OS at this point. I'm still running Vista myself but hell half of my games don't work and iTunes doesnt run right on it.

Hopefully that clears it up...