RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spawn Editor 2

Khaz

Knight
In the visual GUI editor, selecting a bounding box and moving up fails. You can select a box from the top left corner and down to the bottom right, but from any other direction doesn't seem to work. I'm sure it's not a priority, but it is a quality of life feature that could exist.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Khaz said:
In the visual GUI editor, selecting a bounding box and moving up fails. You can select a box from the top left corner and down to the bottom right, but from any other direction doesn't seem to work. I'm sure it's not a priority, but it is a quality of life feature that could exist.
yep, that one is on the list. Ive gotten so used to doing the left corner drag I kind of forget about it, but I will be changing that.

(edit)
It's in there now (will be in next update). Thanks for the reminder.

tindo

Sorceror
Hi there, first of all , I love your systems, both the XMLspawner and the spawn editor. I can't imagine spawning a custom shard without it.

That said, I have two issues I was hoping you could help with.
I am connecting to a server remotely with admin level. Therefore, I am running spawn editor on my home computer while the server is on another. This server uses completely custom maps. I have moved a copy of my client into a folder with the custom mul files to point to in spawn editor. However, it pulls up the normal brittania maps instead. I changed the map files in the normal client folder and then editor then pulls up the custom maps. For some reason it wont pull them from the custom folder i specify, only from the default client folder. Any ideas here?

Second, when I try to use the transfer server, I get the message "No message data received from the remote server". I have a copy of the server.exe, the scripts.cs.dll, the assemblies.cfg, and the custom .dll's in a local directory like you said, with the editor pointed to those. I open a game window and the renew server authentication works fine, I receive the accepted message in the client window. Everything seems to work except when I try to load info from the server (get players, etc.) or try to send a change to the server. I have the ports and ip set correctly. Any ideas what I should look at?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
tindo said:
Hi there, first of all , I love your systems, both the XMLspawner and the spawn editor. I can't imagine spawning a custom shard without it.

That said, I have two issues I was hoping you could help with.
I am connecting to a server remotely with admin level. Therefore, I am running spawn editor on my home computer while the server is on another. This server uses completely custom maps. I have moved a copy of my client into a folder with the custom mul files to point to in spawn editor. However, it pulls up the normal brittania maps instead. I changed the map files in the normal client folder and then editor then pulls up the custom maps. For some reason it wont pull them from the custom folder i specify, only from the default client folder. Any ideas here?

Second, when I try to use the transfer server, I get the message "No message data received from the remote server". I have a copy of the server.exe, the scripts.cs.dll, the assemblies.cfg, and the custom .dll's in a local directory like you said, with the editor pointed to those. I open a game window and the renew server authentication works fine, I receive the accepted message in the client window. Everything seems to work except when I try to load info from the server (get players, etc.) or try to send a change to the server. I have the ports and ip set correctly. Any ideas what I should look at?

To have it use the custom muls, you can just go to the Tools->Setup, and set the Ultima Client to point to a file in your custom folder (can be any file). It will then use the parent folder of that file to find all of its muls.

As for the transfer server connection problem, look at the troubleshooting steps of trying a different port and resetting the .EXE path.

tindo

Sorceror
Hi Arte, thanks for the quick reply.

I did point to a file in my custom mul's folder but it still seems to be checking the ultima online default folder where the mul's are kept. No matter how many times I repoint it to the customs folder, it seems to check the default folder. If I change the mul's in the default folder, it works, but if I point it to another folder with mul's it won't work.

On the transfer server, I tried repointing the server.exe file several times and that didn't work. I'll try changing the port.

*edit* Okay, changed the port and tried repointing to my local server.exe but still getting the no data message.

Thanks in advance, not sure whats up with the maps, its like it wont listen when I tell it where to look and just keeps looking in the default folder. It's weird, like it doesnt wanna listen to me when I tell it where to look....I know its probably something I'm doing but I can't figure out what.

tindo

Sorceror
ok, I have one theory on this maybe you can confirm. Maybe I dont have all the mul's it is looking for in the custom directory and therefore its looking in the default directory?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
tindo said:
Hi Arte, thanks for the quick reply.

I did point to a file in my custom mul's folder but it still seems to be checking the ultima online default folder where the mul's are kept. No matter how many times I repoint it to the customs folder, it seems to check the default folder. If I change the mul's in the default folder, it works, but if I point it to another folder with mul's it won't work.

On the transfer server, I tried repointing the server.exe file several times and that didn't work. I'll try changing the port.

*edit* Okay, changed the port and tried repointing to my local server.exe but still getting the no data message.

Thanks in advance, not sure whats up with the maps, its like it wont listen when I tell it where to look and just keeps looking in the default folder. It's weird, like it doesnt wanna listen to me when I tell it where to look....I know its probably something I'm doing but I can't figure out what.

I'll check out the issue with the custom mul folder.

With the transfer server problem, is the message that you get

"No Data Received from Remote Server"

or

"No Message Data Received from Remote Server"

I may have to post a version with some additional debugging to track down the issue.

tindo

Sorceror
Hi there, its wasnt missing mul files, cause I tried a copy of all muls and it still didnt work, so for some reason it keeps wanting to check the default directory instead of the custom one.

On the transfer server, it tells me "No message data received from remote server".

ArteGordon

Wanderer
tindo said:
Hi there, its wasnt missing mul files, cause I tried a copy of all muls and it still didnt work, so for some reason it keeps wanting to check the default directory instead of the custom one.

On the transfer server, it tells me "No message data received from remote server".
hmm. that indicates that it is having trouble finding the requested message type. What does your assemblies.cfg look like?

tindo

Sorceror
here is the assemblies config..

System.dll
System.Web.dll
System.Xml.dll
System.Data.dll
System.Drawing.dll
System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
OrbServerSDK.dll
TransferServer.dll
UOArchitectInterface.dll

I can pm you my icq and we can get on the server also if you need.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
tindo said:
here is the assemblies config..

System.dll
System.Web.dll
System.Xml.dll
System.Data.dll
System.Drawing.dll
System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
OrbServerSDK.dll
TransferServer.dll
UOArchitectInterface.dll

I can pm you my icq and we can get on the server also if you need.

looks ok. And you have TransferServer.dll in the main RunUO directory?

I'll pm you. If I could get a quick hook up to your server I could run the editor with some debugging and see what is up.

One quick thing that you might try is to just load up a vanilla RunUO test server with only the remoting and transferserver dlls and not the orb stuff and and see if you can connect to that.

tindo

Sorceror
Well, I updated the mpr.dll, but its still giving the same error when I check it with the dependecy program. I still think its related to that file, but replacing it with a newer version didn't work.

Ok, wasn't the mpr.dll causing the problem after all. I copied the entire runuo directory off my server and put it on my local computer. Once I pointed to it, I was able to communicate with the server, so it was something I was missing.

Only thing now is still having problems with it refusing to look in the custom directory for the map.muls and now I have to re-point at the server each time I load spawn editor or it will not communicate with the server. I think its the same problem Parimedes mentioned a couple pages back. Thanks again for all your time and help thus far. You have gone above and beyond the call already!

ArteGordon

Wanderer
tindo said:
Well, I updated the mpr.dll, but its still giving the same error when I check it with the dependecy program. I still think its related to that file, but replacing it with a newer version didn't work.

Ok, wasn't the mpr.dll causing the problem after all. I copied the entire runuo directory off my server and put it on my local computer. Once I pointed to it, I was able to communicate with the server, so it was something I was missing.

Only thing now is still having problems with it refusing to look in the custom directory for the map.muls and now I have to re-point at the server each time I load spawn editor or it will not communicate with the server. I think its the same problem Parimedes mentioned a couple pages back. Thanks again for all your time and help thus far. You have gone above and beyond the call already!

ah, that is interesting. This might give me a clue to Parimedes problem.

Still looking into the custom muls which are a UOMap issue.

(edit)

The communication issue probably resulted from the editor not being able to recognize the messages returned from the server when run standalone without a RunUO server installation. The message type information is held in the transferserver.dll that gets loaded when you have a server installation on the same machine as the editor. If you run it as a standalone, then it doesnt load that information. I dont know why you are having this issue, since you should not need any of those RunUO dlls, but that is what appears to be going on.

You could test this out by just having the Data/assemblies.cfg, server.exe, and the transferserver.dll on your standalone setup instead of having an entire RunUO installation. I'm guessing that would work just as well (perhaps even just the Data/assemblies.cfg and transferserver.dll). You might also want the Scripts/Output/scripts.cs.dll for access to full spawn type information.

I'll look into ways around that.

I'm also guessing that .EXE setup problem has to do with access restrictions to the server installation directory that results in the transferserver.dll assembly information not being loaded at startup, but that is just a guess. You might try fiddling with a minimal server install located in the same area as the editor installation and see if that helps.

(edit)

Fixed the custom muls in custom folders issue for the next release.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
updated to version 1.18

from the changelog

New to version 1.18
updated 10/5/05

- selection/spawn regions can now be dragged out in any direction instead of having to start from the upper left (thanks to Khaz for the suggestion).

- resolved an issue with custom muls that were placed in custom folders instead of in the default UO client directory not being used (thanks to tindo for pointing this out). Now if you change the client path in the Setup window to point to the location of your custom muls, they will be correctly used. This involves a change in the UOMap.ocx tool in the SpawnEditor2-support.rar archive, so replace the previous version and run Setup.bat again.

tindo

Sorceror
Hey Arte!

The custom maps are working great now! I decided to track down what was causing the transfer server problem. So, I went file by file copying into a blank directory from my full runuo directory to see which files are actually needed. And I tracked down the problem! The file zlib.dll must be in the local directory for the transfer server to work. Its not called in the assemblies.cfg so thats probably why we were missing it. Once that file was in the directory with server.exe and data/assemblies.cfg and the called dll's it worked fine.

Still having the problem with having to point at the server each time I reload spawn editor, but thats a minor inconvience for all the great things this program does!

ArteGordon

Wanderer
tindo said:
Hey Arte!

The custom maps are working great now! I decided to track down what was causing the transfer server problem. So, I went file by file copying into a blank directory from my full runuo directory to see which files are actually needed. And I tracked down the problem! The file zlib.dll must be in the local directory for the transfer server to work. Its not called in the assemblies.cfg so thats probably why we were missing it. Once that file was in the directory with server.exe and data/assemblies.cfg and the called dll's it worked fine.

Still having the problem with having to point at the server each time I reload spawn editor, but thats a minor inconvience for all the great things this program does!
thanks for the detective work. I'll have to check that out.

tindo

Sorceror
ArteGordon said:
ah, that is interesting. This might give me a clue to Parimedes problem.

I'm also guessing that .EXE setup problem has to do with access restrictions to the server installation directory that results in the transferserver.dll assembly information not being loaded at startup, but that is just a guess. You might try fiddling with a minimal server install located in the same area as the editor installation and see if that helps.

Finally got around to trying this and it works! I put the server and assemblies in the same folder as the spawn editor and I no longer have to repoint to the server everytime. You are the man!

Vento Divino

Wanderer
Hi Arte,
i'm pretty new with this system since i've started to use it only a week ago.
The only thing that I found is that there is no "server list" from which select the server to connect. I think that that could be usefull.
Or, at least, it could be better if the editor could remember the last server on which the program has connected...
Btw, it's of course another great system by ArteGordon :D