RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spawn Editor 2

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Vento Divino said:
Hi Arte,
i'm pretty new with this system since i've started to use it only a week ago.
The only thing that I found is that there is no "server list" from which select the server to connect. I think that that could be usefull.
Or, at least, it could be better if the editor could remember the last server on which the program has connected...
Btw, it's of course another great system by ArteGordon :D
yeah, I've thought about adding a drop-down with recently used servers. It will probably be in a future release.
The editor does keep track of the most recent server that you have connected to.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Vento Divino said:
Err... actually it doesn't..
It keeps always 127.0.0.1, and i've never connected to local server :|
hmm. Try changing the server settings and then closing the Transfer Server settings window. The next time you start up the editor, those are the settings that should appear.
The local setting of 127.0.0.1 is just the default.

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
im trying to get this installed, and i got missing dll's, and the batch finally worked, now when i load up the spawn editor, i dont see any map, its actually just showing a trace of whatever else was on the screen before the the editor was loaded. any ideas?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
X-SirSly-X said:
im trying to get this installed, and i got missing dll's, and the batch finally worked, now when i load up the spawn editor, i dont see any map, its actually just showing a trace of whatever else was on the screen before the the editor was loaded. any ideas?

Go into the Tools->Setup menu and make sure that you have the Ultima Client path set properly. It needs to point to a file (normally the UO client executable) in the folder containing the muls used for map display (maps, statics, diffs, etc)

(edit)

the map tool will normally try to find the proper muls using the default UO client installation registry entries. If you dont have a client installed, or you dont have the proper registry entries, then it will fail to find those muls, which is probably what is happening in your case. Setting the client path by hand should fix that.

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
nope still nothing, i've tried:

Code:
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Ultima Online Samurai Empire\client.exe
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Ultima Online Samurai Empire\UO.exe

and nothing happened for either of them. I closed the program, and restarted it both times.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
X-SirSly-X said:
nope still nothing, i've tried:

Code:
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Ultima Online Samurai Empire\client.exe
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Ultima Online Samurai Empire\UO.exe

and nothing happened for either of them. I closed the program, and restarted it both times.
hmm. try this older uomap.ocx.

Attachments

• UOMap.rar
    20.5 KB · Views: 16

ArteGordon

Wanderer
X-SirSly-X said:
thanks that did the trick :)
I'll have to take a look at the most recent UOMap mod to support custom mul folders. It must have been creating some problems with the use of the default paths.

LowCastle

Wanderer
So hard to find any information on this.

Trying to do many things with XMLSpawner2 or the Spawn Editor is like pulling teeth!!!
I don't mind it being complicated. A lot of things about running a shard are complicated. But searching for information on how use this spawner package has me at wits end. After searching through dozens of pages in these forums I've decided I might as well ask what has probably been asked many times before.

I have many questions but these are the most important right now:

A standalone visual spawn editing program that works with the XmlSpawner2 system for online and offline creation and editing of xmlspawners and their spawn files . . .
IF this is a "standalone" editor, why will it not work without the RunUO executable? It would be nice if my administrator could use this tool from a computer OTHER than the one running RUNUO.

How do I get the speech trigger to work? When I set up a spawner with a speech trigger, the monsters spawn without the trigger. I've tried changing the SpawnOnTrigger value and have tried changing other settings but what should be a simple task has become a monster headache.

I must say that xmlspawner2 is worlds better than gigaspawner, when you know how to set it up. The very basic spawners I have set up always work as expected where my old gigaspawners are unreliable.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
LowCastle said:
Trying to do many things with XMLSpawner2 or the Spawn Editor is like pulling teeth!!!
I don't mind it being complicated. A lot of things about running a shard are complicated. But searching for information on how use this spawner package has me at wits end. After searching through dozens of pages in these forums I've decided I might as well ask what has probably been asked many times before.

I have many questions but these are the most important right now:

IF this is a "standalone" editor, why will it not work without the RunUO executable? It would be nice if my administrator could use this tool from a computer OTHER than the one running RUNUO.

How do I get the speech trigger to work? When I set up a spawner with a speech trigger, the monsters spawn without the trigger. I've tried changing the SpawnOnTrigger value and have tried changing other settings but what should be a simple task has become a monster headache.

I must say that xmlspawner2 is worlds better than gigaspawner, when you know how to set it up. The very basic spawners I have set up always work as expected where my old gigaspawners are unreliable.

The editor can indeed be run without the RunUO server installed. Some things will not be automatically available, like the list of available spawn types. You will need to make a spawn types file by hand by running the editor on a system with the server installed on it, and then selecting the Export All Spawn Types option from the File menu.
Then you can distribute this file to server-less systems and Import All Spawn Types from the file menu to load in the types information.

Also, if you dont have a server installed you will be prompted to enter in the path to the server executable on startup. Just point it at the spawneditor executable and it wont ask anymore.

To activate any of the player triggered features (like speech triggering), you first need to set the ProximityRange property to something other than -1. This enables basic proximity triggering that sets the number of tiles away that a player can be before triggering the spawner.
After that, any of the other triggering options, like speech triggering, skill triggering, or spawnontrigger will be active when players come within the triggering range.

jairon

Sorceror
UOMap.ocx

When running the setup.bat to install the UOMap.ocx file I get a LoadLibrary("UOMap.ocx") failed - The specified module could not be found... what the crap? :p it's right in the same dir as setup.bat.... running on a fresh install of windows 2000 sp4 up to date.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
jairon said:
When running the setup.bat to install the UOMap.ocx file I get a LoadLibrary("UOMap.ocx") failed - The specified module could not be found... what the crap? :p it's right in the same dir as setup.bat.... running on a fresh install of windows 2000 sp4 up to date.
run the dependency walker on UOMap.ocx and make sure you have all of the required dlls

jairon

Sorceror
Thanks mate, all is good now, I figured I would get a different error msg if I needed a missing file, not simply that UOmap.ocx couldn't be found :p all is working fine now.

I got a nice error with high spawn times (high= 100 days min and max delay):

:D

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Sotho Tal Ker said:
I got a nice error with high spawn times (high= 100 days min and max delay):

:D

I'll increase the max limit on those forms entries and update the spawneditor2-v118.zip with the modified spawneditor2.exe

(edit)

done.