RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spawn Editor 2

Jambone

Wanderer
wow, nice job. stupid question but how do you delete stuff? I see the delete button but I just want to get rid of some cretures not the whole thing and can you load in megaspawner files?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Jambone said:
wow, nice job. stupid question but how do you delete stuff? I see the delete button but I just want to get rid of some cretures not the whole thing and can you load in megaspawner files?

You can delete individual spawn entries using the right-click context menu either in the Spawn List tree view panel on the left, or in the Spawn Entries panel at the bottom. (Note, make sure you have selected individual entries, and not individual spawners since there is also a Delete context menu for deleting entire spawners).

Just hover the mouse over the entry you want to get rid of, right click, and select Delete (Delete All will remove all entries for the selected spawner).

You cannot directly load megaspawner .msf files, but you can convert them to xmlspawner .xml files and then load those. Here is what you do:

1) Use the [xmlimportmsf command while ingame to import a .msf file or a directory containing .msf files into xmlspawners
2) use the [xmlsave or [xmlsaveall command to write out the xmlspawners to a .xml file that can be read in by Spawn Editor 2.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
updated to version 1.02

from the changelog

New to version 1.02
updated 7/11/05

- spawner maxcount is automatically increased when new spawns are added.

- added the Snap to XYBounds toggle in the Map settings panel that allows you to automatically move to the center of the spawning region instead of to the spawner location when spawners are selected. Useful when the spawning region is not centered around the spawner.
[/color]

ArteGordon

Wanderer
updated to version 1.03

from the changelog

New to version 1.03
updated 7/12/05

- added two new tabs in the Spawn List panel that provide support for Region and Go location display.

- The Regions tab brings up a list of regions loaded from the RunUO Data/regions.xml file and allows these regions to be selected and displayed on the maps. Multiple regions can be selected and if the 'Sync' options is also selected, the player will be moved to the region Go location when selected.

- The Go tab brings up a list of locations read from the RunUO Data/Locations/*.xml files. Selecting a location from this list will center the map on that location, and if the 'Sync' option is also selected, the player will be move to the location as well.

- changed the name of the executable from SpawnEditor.exe to SpawnEditor2.exe

Vertigo

Wanderer
ArteGordon hihi :)

Arte can u add plz some features :)
1. Confirm when close spawneditor
2. Button for clean current spawner. For example i make a spawner in it ill add x3 rat, x5 dogs, i want clean this spawner with 1 toch :)

ty :)))

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Vertigo said:
ArteGordon hihi :)

Arte can u add plz some features :)
1. Confirm when close spawneditor
2. Button for clean current spawner. For example i make a spawner in it ill add x3 rat, x5 dogs, i want clean this spawner with 1 toch :)

ty :)))

You can remove all spawn entries by right clicking on a Spawn Entry selecting 'Delete All'

You can also do this in the 'Spawn List' view on the right if you right click on one of the spawn objects.

The Restore Defaults button will return all spawner settings to their default values.

Confirming close is a good idea. I'll add it to the list.

Vertigo

Wanderer
ArteGordon said:
You can remove all spawn entries by right clicking on a Spawn Entry selecting 'Delete All'

You can also do this in the 'Spawn List' view on the right if you right click on one of the spawn objects.

The Restore Defaults button will return all spawner settings to their default values.

Confirming close is a good idea. I'll add it to the list.

ty :)

1 more improvment :p list with mobiles, items imho to small. May be possible increase hight for it?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
updated to version 1.04

from the changelog

New to version 1.04
updated 7/13/05

- added a confirmation dialog on closing the application (thanks to Vertigo for the suggestion).

- Added a filtering option that can be used to quickly find spawners with certain spawns. The spawn entries in each spawner will be matched against the filter string, and only those that match (partial non-case sensitive matches are allowed) will be displayed. Spawners that dont match will be grayed out in the Spawn List panel (although they can still be selected if you like). Also, the total count at the bottom of the panel will indicate the total number of matching spawners.
The new filter option can be found just above the Spawn List panel.

- slightly increased the right-click-and-hold time required to initiate spawn region drag-and-drop in the map view. This was to avoid accidental spawn region repositioning with normal right clicking.

- shuffled a few things around in the Spawn Type panel to give a little more real estate to the spawn type selection view.

brodock

Sorceror
Hi Arte, i have your old source code with me...
I woundered to see this spawn program being update for years...

Also i'm learning how to "visual develop" a program... and i wound if you could open the code again for us to learn on it.

Thanks
And also, i love all your scripts ;)

ArteGordon

Wanderer
brodockbr said:
Hi Arte, i have your old source code with me...
I woundered to see this spawn program being update for years...

Also i'm learning how to "visual develop" a program... and i wound if you could open the code again for us to learn on it.

Thanks
And also, i love all your scripts ;)

Oh yeah, I'll eventually release all of the source. It's still in flux at the moment since I'm fiddling/experimenting with features so once things stabilize I'll put it out there.

Vertigo

Wanderer
Hola,
Bug :( when i try change spawner name in Spawn Details i got this message:

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SpawnEditor2.SpawnEditor.txtName_MouseLeave(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseLeave(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseLeave(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Vertigo said:
Hola,
Bug :( when i try change spawner name in Spawn Details i got this message:

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SpawnEditor2.SpawnEditor.txtName_MouseLeave(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseLeave(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseLeave(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

thanks, I'll take a look at it.

(edit)

fixed for the next release. This error could occur when trying to change the spawner name in the Details view when no spawners were loaded or defined. (I'm assuming that's the condition under which you found it).

Vertigo

Wanderer
ArteGordon said:
thanks, I'll take a look at it.

(edit)

fixed for the next release. This error could occur when trying to change the spawner name in the Details view when no spawners were loaded or defined. (I'm assuming that's the condition under which you found it).

ty ArteGordon.

2 more improvment :p

Is it possible make this line

a little narrow (optional) ? because when i mark small region its inconveniently :(

SE2 using Scripts.CS.dll from output folder, but i change my output folder destination. May be u can make option where we can select output folder destination?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Vertigo said:
ty ArteGordon.

2 more improvment :p

Is it possible make this line

a little narrow (optional) ? because when i mark small region its inconveniently :(

SE2 using Scripts.CS.dll from output folder, but i change my output folder destination. May be u can make option where we can select output folder destination?

the line width is constrained by the ocx map display tool and so wont be adjustable for a while.

As for the Scripts.cs.dll, do you mean that you have redirected your compiled output to something other than Scripts/Output? You can specify a different base RunUO directory in the Setup menu and it will look for the compiler output in that directory/Scripts/Output if you have multiple server installations.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
updated to version 1.05

from the changelog

New to version 1.05
updated 7/18/05

- fixed a possible crash bug when changing the spawner name when no spawner had been loaded or defined (thanks to Vertigo for pointing this out).

- changed the the spawn type panel used to select and add spawn entries from the predefined type list. The spawn type panel has been moved into a new Tab panel in the Spawn details area. Go into Details view and select the 'SpawnTypes' tab. This will display the new expanded spawn types panel that has two new views that support the new 'Spawn Pack' feature in which users can create an unlimited number of customized spawn type lists.

- Spawn types from the main list can still be added in the same way as they used to, but now, additionally, selected spawn types can be added to a user defined 'Current Spawn Pack' which is displayed in the right panel.

- The archive of all defined spawn packs is displayed in the lower right panel labeled 'All Spawn Packs'.
Selecting a spawn pack from the 'All Spawn Packs' list will place that pack's contents into the 'Current Spawn Pack' list.

- The Current Spawn Pack can be added to an archive of spawn packs using the 'Update Spawn Packs' button. If the spawn pack name is not already in the 'All Spawn Packs' list then a new pack will be added. If the name matches an existing Spawn Pack, then that pack will be updated.

- To remove spawn types from the current spawn pack, or to remove spawn packs from the 'All Spawn Packs' list, use the right-click context menu.

- Spawn types can be added to the current spawner from either the current spawn pack or from the full list using the 'Add to Spawner' buttons.

- When exiting the program, the spawn pack definitions are automatically saved to the default SpawnPacks.dat file in the SpawnEditor2 folder. This file is also loaded by default when starting the program.

- Spawn packs can also be manually saved and loaded from the File menu.

- the Spawn Templates panel, now located where the Spawn Types panel used to be, is not yet functional, so dont bother trying to figure out how to enable it.

So it does require a RunUO installation on a local computer to function correctly?

If it would just need a normal UO installation i could give it to the other Admins/GMs and they could spawn the world, because they don't have access to the RunUO Server.

If only the scripts.cs.dll is need maybe it would be better to point to this instead of the RunUO server.exe since i could just give them the precompiled one. :)

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Sotho Tal Ker said:
So it does require a RunUO installation on a local computer to function correctly?

If it would just need a normal UO installation i could give it to the other Admins/GMs and they could spawn the world, because they don't have access to the RunUO Server.

If only the scripts.cs.dll is need maybe it would be better to point to this instead of the RunUO server.exe since i could just give them the precompiled one. :)

It just needs the compiled script assemblies (scripts.*.dll) and the the compiled server (RunUO.exe) in order to get the available spawn type information.
If you dont have those then it will run, but there will be no types.

Right now it looks for the script assemblies in the default path relative to the server location (Scripts/Output), so if you just had a folder with the server and the Scripts/Output folder with the script assemblies in it, it should work as a minimal installation.

(edit)

oh, and if you wanted to have the Go locations and Regions information, you would also want to have the Data/Regions.xml and Data/Locations/*.xml files available in the server folder, although those are optional.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
minor update to version 1.05a

New to version 1.05a
updated 7/19/05

- minor fix of the automatic spawn pack saving feature that was not saving to the original starting directory if another directory operation changed the current working directory.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Sotho Tal Ker said:

Actually, another option would be to construct a spawnpack.dat file that had all of the types that you wanted to be accessible, and then just distribute that. No assemblies required, although it would still complain about not being able to find the server on startup.