RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Subscription changes...

As a life time subscriber I must say that I will be more than willing to subscribe once more. It's not about the graphics or the signature lines. It is about feeling that even if it is only a small bit I have contributed towards the upkeep of a product I enjoy so much. I have spent a lot more money on things I have far less enjoyment out of.

I think that for the most part the "Subscribers" gave out of desire to help insure the longevity of the project and most will be willing to continue to give when possible.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Soooo...on a totally different note...mebbe y'all should implement something where sigs can't be more than "x" lines long or something. Otherwise we're going to have a lot more sig than post around here :confused:...

Phantom

Knight
TMSTKSBK said:
Soooo...on a totally different note...mebbe y'all should implement something where sigs can't be more than "x" lines long or something. Otherwise we're going to have a lot more sig than post around here :confused:...

This already exists...

Viago

Knight
i wish when i had the money i subscribed, but the features arnt that important. im not one of the ones who complains about silly things like sigs and all that. though some of the peivlidges. Like getting new releases first can be a plus! though some of the subscribers ar the more experianced members ;)

ryan is right about makign the community more open minded, atleast with some lifted restrictions.

and im happy to have my pic on my porfile. yes...thats me. aint i cute?:D

Vorspire

Knight
I subscribed a day before subscriptions were closed ^^ i dont mind that i got nothing for the donation, it isnt the end of the world if you dont get an avatar/signature or special access to anything. But a thanks or reply would have been nice, just so i knew that my money meant something.

Well i know it's went to a good cause, because if it were not for RunUO, i would be extremely bored in my free time, and i would not have taken the notion of starting up a freeshard (obviously) - communities are great, and this is the best so far.

//How come i can't edit my avatar btw?

zeroed

Wanderer
Is karma going to be coming back. I have searched the forums and i cant find anything saying whether or not karma will be back.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Ryan said:
From this point going forward everyone will have access to the use of Forum Signatures/Avatars.

I hate to bring this topic back up, but it seemed like an appropriate place to ask my question. It says that everyone is able to have access to signatures and avatars. I can have a signature, but how can I use an avatar? The avatar options panel in my User CP only has the option of "Do not use an avatar". I'm sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere. I did a search but didn't find anything recent that was related to this.

anachronos

Wanderer
i haven't seen anything mention in the past couple of months about this...but just wonder whatever happened to adding the subscriptions back in and also runuo 2.0.0...just a question nothing more :)

Tannis

Knight
anachronos said:
i haven't seen anything mention in the past couple of months about this...but just wonder whatever happened to adding the subscriptions back in and also runuo 2.0.0...just a question nothing more :)
Subscriptions won't be added back in. And you're better off not asking about 2.0.0. The devs will be done with it when they get done with it and no sooner. They've all got lives to live. :)

Courageous

Wanderer
Subscriptions won't be added back in.

Why do you say that? It's an easy way for them to get a bit of cash flow, to pay for the website, isn't it? Was it not successful?

C//

TMSTKSBK

Lord
They had the reasoning for this a while back. I think it was mostly because it was more hassle than it was worth or something.

Courageous

Wanderer
Huh. It must be that the "donate to such and such shard" thing they have going is much more likely to generate positive revenue that runuo itself is. A shame.

C//

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Well I dunno about that. I just remember that it was a lot of wear and tear on the mods. So they stopped it. I know nothing about the donations...

viront

Sorceror
Does this mean anyone can request scripts now? I was seriously considering subscribing just so I could see more custom script examples so I guess I saved a little cash because I couldn't decide:cool:

daat99

Staff member
viront said:
Does this mean anyone can request scripts now? I was seriously considering subscribing just so I could see more custom script examples so I guess I saved a little cash because I couldn't decide:cool:
No, the rules stays the same.
No requests means no requests!