RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

trying to connect to the public

Twlizer

Sorceror
Man I reaching with you on this issue...

Im strictly reaching at this point with you. Maybe if you don't have it resolved we can do a Team meeting and I can remote in to try and figire this out with you..

KillerBeeZ

Knight
I do appreciate all the help you are providing. I really wish it was just some stupid noob thing I screwed up somewhere. I'm not above saying "DOH!" But it just looks like the isp has some fancy way to block the server itself somehow. I'm at a loss. (isp is Windstream btw if that helps any)

on that note... I did notice that my firewall is indeed on... So I added a new rule for TCP (and to be sure UDP as well) for port 2593 ... I was getting butterflies and thinking was it really this simple? ... but no, of course not. I still cannot connect... blasted technology :p

KillerBeeZ

Knight
What about this?

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 26

Twlizer

Sorceror
The modem has NAT translation as well as the ROUTER this was discorved early on in our posts.

You can Have two NATS as long as the IPclass is different on each Router.

For example if the modem server the ips of 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.254
Set the modem to server for example 192.168.2.1-192.168.2.254

So the modems ip range is totally different from the modems. My suggestion would be to use the IP class of 10.10.10.1 - 10.10.10.254 on the router with the PC connected to the router set a static IP of 10.10.10.100 on the PC.

This way when you see the 10 class you know its from the router and the 192 class you know its from the Modem.

Just make sure the ip classes are total different from the router to the modem

the router should also use the modems IP as its gateway and the PC should use the router as its gateway..

The subnet should remain 255.255.255.0 its not important on either one because of the limited amount of connections from either device.

Confirming you have added an exception in your PC firewall to allow this program access to your network.

You should also confirm UDP and TCP are forwarded correctly on each device

Soteric

Knight
Twlizer, canyouseeme confirms that his port is open. Why do you keep trying to do something with firewall, NAT, TCP, UDP, IP and PC? This is clearly client version issue.

KillerBeeZ, could you post RunUO console output when the player is trying to connect?

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Soteric: there is nothing in the console when trying to connect, the client doesn't seem to be getting that far. As far as it being a client version issue, the server and clients are exactly the same as when I disconnected the working server 6 years ago. They were able to connect on the cable service I had in GA, but here I'm on ADSL and while nothing else changed, I cannot connect. The only thing that has changed is the ISP

Twlizer

Sorceror
Killer he is speaking about the runuo console. Mark and paste the console after you click on the runuo.exe file

KillerBeeZ

Knight
I know he is speaking about the console... and in the console if the client was different that it allows it will say... something... it does not... in fact I can connect just fine if I'm on the same network I connect and so does my brother. I've been playing it just fine. But nobody outside the LAN can connect

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Soteric, I can post it, and will do, but I'm trying to tell you that there is nothing in the console showing any outside connections. The client never gets that far.

This image is the same both before and after trying to connect via outside IP

Attachments

• console.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 20

Twlizer

Sorceror
And actually your serverlist is incorrect because of the two router and two nats.

Put your Modems gateway address in the serverlist.cs as opposed to the WAN address.

Soteric

Knight
KillerBeeZ, could you install the latest RunUO distro and try to login it?

How do you test Razor connection? Are you trying to login from LAN using external IP?

KillerBeeZ

Knight
I tried it with the latest RunUO distro, still shows nothing on the server console when I try to log in.

I have tried using razor with every IP I know to use, the only thing that works is either 127.0.0.1 or 192.168.123.173 and in this case the serverlist.cs has to have the ip set to 192.168.123.173. I can connect within the LAN but not using my ISP's IP. I do not have anyone outside my lan to help me test the connectivity so I am going on the assumption that if I cannot connect using the IP found on whatismyip.com then neither can anyone else.