RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

[2.x] UltimaLive Lumber Harvesting 0.43

No permission to download

siran

Sorceror
An absolutely stunning extension to the UltimaLive capabilities. I can hardly wait to see how it can be implemented for mining.
I installed this on a RunUO 2.5 fresh copy and had to modify it a little but it is working beautifully except I can't seem to get different wood types to be produced, or hues. I modified the LumberHarvest.cs script to add HarvestVein information, and it compiles but it didn't change anything. I seem to remember some time back seeing a video of this system with differently hued tree trunks, but can't find it now. Is there capability in the system to handle different wood types & hues?

Praxiiz

Sorceror
I need to check to see why it does not randomize the wood types. I assume you're using the stock graphics. This is on my todo list and you should see an update soon.

I haven't added support for veins yet, but it's also on my list.

Killroth

Sorceror
Just wanna say this is quite amazing. I'm def going to use this on my server I'm creating. My only issue is the amount of times you have to cut up the tree afterwards.

Haven't checked it out yet because I'm still at work while I'm reading this, but what happens during a failed attempt at cutting down the tree?

My goal for this on my server would be to simplify it and make it so you gather the wood from each successful chop. Once the tree is cut to the ground, then the tree cannot be harvested anymore. But this way people know which trees have already been harvested.

siran

Sorceror
I need to check to see why it does not randomize the wood types. I assume you're using the stock graphics. This is on my todo list and you should see an update soon.

I haven't added support for veins yet, but it's also on my list.

Yes, I'm using the stock graphics, though I would like to use the custom ones; I'll have to teach myself how to handle them! First chop drops the leaves, second makes the log and stump appear instead of the tree trunk, then when chopping the log sections I always get 10 generic logs with hue 0.
My goal is to get it to provide random log types, hued appropriately. (It would be nice if the fallen log was already hued appropriately too).
A more ambitious goal is to get certain log types from certain tree graphics (instead of harvest veins). That way an evergreen graphic would not yield oak, or vice versa.

dazedmouse

Sorceror
How the heck does this work for a Yew tree? Just wondering. =)

Unless you have the graphics of a Yew Tree Cut up it wont work on Yew Trees... Not trying to be smart or anything, But have you ever been able to hack on a Yew Tree...??? This is for normal Trees...

Macil

Sorceror
Yew trees are in fact harvestable. That's why I asked. =)

But hrmmm. Maybe if I get some spare time I'll play around with making custom graphics for the Yew tree.