RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

XmlSpawner2

Alari

Wanderer
Are there any plans to update the visual spawn editing system to use all the new features? I find it hard to work with the spawning system unless I can actually see what's going on. (The original package included an overland map showing where the spawns were)

Or maybe I should say, what visual spawn editing methods do people use? (Other than MyRunUO Spawner, I tried that and it doesn't work for me, the map is split in half and oddly tilted, and when I try to specify a custom UO directory it doesn't work, no pop-up directory selector comes up when I check the box and click "Browse")

ArteGordon

Wanderer
to be honest, I had not planned on updating Bob's original visual spawn editor, although I do have the sources and have done some fiddling with it. Depending on what happens with MyRunUO Spawner it is possible that I might release an updated version.

tink

Wanderer
justin29 said:
Hi Yea i know in the spawner you can increase each monster to 40 each but was wondering if it can be added to [xmladd? There are many templates i have where i have to change the monsters to the same number. Like a little column next to the monster where you add 40 then in the spawner the value for that monster is to spawn 40 maxcount.

I try to get the most out of each spawn by spawning the max 17 monsters from xmladd. So to edit 17 lines per spawn is well, a pain :)

Was this ever added in? Id like to see this also if possible.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
updated to version 2.68

New to 2.68
updated 11/15/04

- some attachment code optimizations.

- small change in the way speech is handled. It will no longer ignore speech that has already been handled by another object, such as another spawner, so multiple nearby spawners can all speech trigger off of the same speech.

- fixed a problem with spawners decaying under some conditions after using the [xmlspawnershow command. Spawners are no longer made movable by that command.
(edit) I dont this there was an actual decay problem after all, but I think that this change which leaves them immovable after an [xmlshow is still for the best.

Reggie

Wanderer
could somebody tell me how i can spawn a group of monsters and as soon there all killed other spawners will be activated and housing for a specific region toggles true then wait 12h, deactivate the spawners toggle housing to false and spawn a new group

i know thats pretty much to ask but im new to this script

plz help me

ArteGordon

Wanderer
you can do it by setting up a spawner in sequential spawning mode. Think of it as a champ spawn in which after completing a champ level, it sets the housing mode of a region to true.

What you need to do is get Asayre8's Custom regions in a box. Set up a custom region ([add regioncontrol) and you will see the regioncontrol flag.

Now, make a spawner, and add entries like this

1 orc
1 SET/allowhousing/false

2 SET/allowhousing/true

where the 1 and 2 refer to the subgroups that you will assign the entries to. You can put as many mobs in the subgroup as you like.

By putting the orc, and SET/allowhousing/false spawn entries in the same group, it means that they will spawn together, so when the orcs spawn, housing will be disabled. Note that allowhousing is a property that is accessible on the regioncontrol item that you placed.

Now you need to tell the spawner what the target of the SET command will be by going into the spawner props and setting the SetItem property to point to the regioncontrol item (the flag) for your custom region.

To make it run sequentially, so that subgroup 2 is activated after subgroup 1, turn on sequential spawning by changing the SequentialSpawning property from -1 to 0.

Then, I would set the Group property to true so that all of your orcs (or whatever mobs you want) will spawn at the same time and will not respawn until they are all killed.

Next, you have to specify how many kills will be required to advance the sequential spawning from subgroup 1 to subgroup 2. Open up the extended sequential spawning part of the spawner gump by hitting the little arrow button in the lower right.
Now, for subgroup 1, enter the number of mobs you plan on spawning into the Kills entry for subgroup 1.

With that set, as soon as you kill that many of the subgroup 1 mobs, it will advance to subgroup 2.

Now to have subgroup 2 sit around for 12 hours until going back to subgroup 1, put the number of minutes (720) until that subgroup resets in the Reset field of subgroup 2. I would also put a value of 1 in the Kill field (since you cant actually kill anything in that subgroup it guarantees that it will just sit there until it times out after the reset period).
And then tell it what subgroup to reset to, in the To field. You want to put subgroup 1 there.

Sounds like a lot of stuff, but it's actually just a couple of things. Here is a spawner that basically does all of that

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<Spawns>
  <Points>
    <Name>HousingControl</Name>
    <UniqueId>2f1d3f99-f9fc-49b6-b10c-58586b1cff70</UniqueId>
    <Map>Felucca</Map>
    <X>5431</X>
    <Y>1158</Y>
    <Width>10</Width>
    <Height>10</Height>
    <CentreX>5436</CentreX>
    <CentreY>1163</CentreY>
    <CentreZ>0</CentreZ>
    <Range>5</Range>
    <MaxCount>6</MaxCount>
    <MinDelay>1</MinDelay>
    <MaxDelay>1</MaxDelay>
    <DelayInSec>False</DelayInSec>
    <Duration>0</Duration>
    <DespawnTime>0</DespawnTime>
    <ProximityRange>-1</ProximityRange>
    <ProximityTriggerSound>500</ProximityTriggerSound>
    <SetPropertyItemName>Region Controller,Server.Items.RegionControl</SetPropertyItemName>
    <TriggerProbability>1</TriggerProbability>
    <InContainer>False</InContainer>
    <ContainerX>0</ContainerX>
    <ContainerY>0</ContainerY>
    <ContainerZ>0</ContainerZ>
    <MinRefractory>0</MinRefractory>
    <MaxRefractory>0</MaxRefractory>
    <TODStart>0</TODStart>
    <TODEnd>0</TODEnd>
    <TODMode>0</TODMode>
    <KillReset>1</KillReset>
    <ExternalTriggering>False</ExternalTriggering>
    <SequentialSpawning>1</SequentialSpawning>
    <AllowGhostTriggering>False</AllowGhostTriggering>
    <SmartSpawning>False</SmartSpawning>
    <Team>0</Team>
    <Amount>1</Amount>
    <IsGroup>True</IsGroup>
    <IsRunning>True</IsRunning>
    <IsHomeRangeRelative>True</IsHomeRangeRelative>
    <Objects2>orc:MX=4:SB=1:RT=0:TO=0:KL=4:OBJ=SET/allowhousing/false:MX=1:SB=1:RT=0:TO=0:KL=0:OBJ=SET/allowhousing/true:MX=1:SB=2:RT=5:TO=1:KL=1</Objects2>
  </Points>
</Spawns>

(edit)

sorry, I should have mentioned how you set the subgroups for the entries. You press the little arrow button in the lower right to extend the gump to show the subgroup fields for each entry. If you press it again it expands further to show you the sequential spawning fields. If you hit it again it goes back to the basic spawn entry field alone.

Reggie

Wanderer
well thx so far but i got 3 questions left, can i use the regioncontroler on already created regions? i created these regions with the region editor from the box

and the second spawn are suposed to be vendors in britain and other cities how can i activate/deactivate them on death/respawn of the first spawn?

that script u gave me how do i implent it just put it in a new xml file and store in under housing?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Reggie said:
well thx so far but i got 3 questions left, can i use the regioncontroler on already created regions? i created these regions with the region editor from the box

and the second spawn are suposed to be vendors in britain and other cities how can i activate/deactivate them on death/respawn of the first spawn?

that script u gave me how do i implent it just put it in a new xml file and store in under housing?

you can use existing regions in a box that you have already created. Just set the SetItem property to point to the control flag for the region you are interested in.

You can add other entries into subgroup 2 if you like such as vendors, in addition to the SET command. What will happen is that when it times out after 12 hours, they will automatically despawn and the spawns in subgroup 1 will spawn.

To load that xml file, just cut and paste it into a file, and then do an

[xmlloadhere filename

ingame and it will load it. Put the file in the top level of your RunUO installation (same place as your runuo.exe file), or into a folder named Spawns in the top level directory. Those are the two default locations that it searches for spawner definition files.

Reggie

Wanderer
sounds quite simple but the problem with the vendors is its the whole vendor set for britain how does the spawner know where to place them cause its just one spawner or is there a way to add multible spawner or better use the before placed spawner(pre set from runuo team) when the subgroup 2 spawns?

edit:
when i try the xmlloadhere housingcontrol command it says it cant find it
any ideas?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
you probably didnt place your file in the main RunUO installation directory (same place as runuo.exe).

If you want the spawner to control other existing spawners there are several approaches. You could add entries into your subgroup 2 that look like

SET,spawnername,xmlspawner/dorespawn/true

where spawnername is the name of a vendor spawner that you want to have respawned.

Then in your subgroup 1 you could have them despawn by adding entries like

SET,spawnername,xmlspawner/doreset/true

which will turn off the spawner and despawn all of its spawns.

Another thing that you could do would be to actually spawn the vendors from the one spawner by putting into subgroup 2 entries like

blacksmith/x/100/y/100/z/5/home/(100,100,5)

where the x, y, z coordinates would be where you want them to be placed and the home property specifying where you would like them to wander to.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Note another way you could do it would be to have one spawner that spawns all of your vendors and places them, using the

blacksmith/x/100/y/100/z/5/home/(100,100,5)

approach, (so just a bunch of entries like that on the one spawner)
and then have your housecontrol spawner just do a

SET,spawnername, xmlspawner/dorespawn/true
in subgroup 2

and

SET,spawnername, xmlspawner/doreset/true
in subgroup 1

Where spawnername would be the name of your one vendor spawner.

Reggie

Wanderer
what would happen if i gave multible spawners the same name? for doreset and dorespawn

another problem came up when i enter SET,inneast, xmlspawner/doreset/true it says unique xmlspawner not found some other problem with the allowhousing

and i spawn about 30 monster and despawn about just as much vendoerspawner isnt there a better way to do that cause it seems like it will get damn laggy

ArteGordon

Wanderer
If you are going to do it by trying to control all of the vendor spawners, then they must all have unique names.

I dont see lag being an issue. Spawning/despawning 30 monsters or vendors once every 12 hours will have no impact on lag.

Reggie

Wanderer
what can i do if i set the name of a spawner but it cant find it is there something i could do wrong exept the spelling?

Reggie

Wanderer
ok i will try that again
to activate the set command i have to set max count to1 right?

Edit:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, damn man im steady trying to make it work i tried 10 diffrent ways of writing that command and theres either one of this errors , doreset : property not found or cant fnd the unique item called :innwest,xmlspawner

plz help im getting crazy with this

2.Edit:
well i got it now the command is
SET,innwest/doreset/true
i was almost about to throw my computer out the window just cause of that shit
but thx for the help

ArteGordon

Wanderer
try this

SET,innwest/doreset/true

where "innwest" is the name of your vendor spawner.

The difficulties that you were having were not your fault. There is a parsing problem with the combined name,type specification to the SET command that I recently added. I'll fix it for the next release.

(edit)

if you would like to fix it now, the offending line is in BaseXmlSpawner.cs, line 5215, change

string[] keywordargs = ParseString(arglist[0],2,",");

to

string[] keywordargs = ParseString(arglist[0],3,",");

Broadside

Wanderer
I added the samurai empire pack by nerun to get that stuff to work and it seems to not work not sure why. I get this message at startup and none of his options work.
PHP:
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: Compiling VB.net scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (1640 items, 433 mobiles)
World: Loading...done (87151 items, 2356 mobiles) (2.7 seconds)
Regions: Loading...Regions.xml: Invalid facet name 'Tokuno'
done
Address: ***
Address: ***