RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apiculture (Beekeeping)

Thistle

Wanderer
In the BeeHiveAddon.cs, the section "public void FindFlowersInRange" it checks for flowers within range using this coding:

Code:
if( iName.IndexOf("FLOWER") != -1 || iName.IndexOf("SNOWDROP") != -1 || iName.IndexOf("POPPIE") != -1 ) 
FlowersInRange++;

From what little I know of C#, wouldn't player grown plants once set to deco mode no longer be "usable" for beehives since the name it had is now changed to "A Decorative Plant"?

I'd like to attempt to have this section check by itemid but I'm not sure how to do this. Any suggestions?

tia

Octavian

Wanderer
Great work! My players now has more Wax and Honey than I can deal with. You can tell a great deal of work went into this. Awesome job!

koluch

Sorceror
*sigh*
I for the LIFE of me can not get the wax crafting part to work( Montenegros added script )
I still get the move closer message. Can someone point me in the right direction to correct this?

Many thanks!

Shazzy
* Apiculturist with wax comming out of my ears! * :)

Thistle said:
In the BeeHiveAddon.cs, the section "public void FindFlowersInRange" it checks for flowers within range using this coding:

Code:
if( iName.IndexOf("FLOWER") != -1 || iName.IndexOf("SNOWDROP") != -1 || iName.IndexOf("POPPIE") != -1 ) 
FlowersInRange++;

From what little I know of C#, wouldn't player grown plants once set to deco mode no longer be "usable" for beehives since the name it had is now changed to "A Decorative Plant"?

I'd like to attempt to have this section check by itemid but I'm not sure how to do this. Any suggestions?

tia
Rescript the decorative plants, so the name shows the decorative plant's type by ItemID. Or add to the beescheck the ItemID of the plant as possible true factor, but I didn't have a look into that beekeeping script I must admit in shame.

koluch

Sorceror
Foreverzero said:
Im still really confused on how i actually craft stuff, can someone fill me in?
The is a Wax Crafting script out, but it does not take the melted wax out of the pot - it just looks at wax in your backpack and the pot must be nearby. Still a very nice script. I have had no luck making a script to use the melted wax, but perhaps some of the others have a better insite into creating this.

Check post#9 in this thread and good luck!;)

Harmonic

Sorceror
I have a problem with the hives vanishing.....

First off, I'd like to thank you for this system...it's a really nice piece of work, and will fit in nicely on our shard. That being said, we seem to have a bit of a problem. My other administrator and I have tested this, and here's what we've found:

Regardless of how healthy the hive is, it disappears within 60-90 minutes REAL TIME. We think the hive might be decaying, like any other item left out on the ground. Here's how we tested it...we put down 9 beehives, and set the timer to 1 second for testing purposes. We put 3 just on the ground, 3 of them we put in a house and locked down with the player 'I wish to lock this down' command, and 3 of them we locked down with the staff command from Pandora's Box.
We tended them for about 60-90 minutes, and they all disappeared, regardless of hive health. In fact, the last we saw the hives, they were all thriving with 50-90k population. Then suddenly, they were gone.

Here's the BeeHiveAddon.cs (Bear in mind, I overloaded the constructor for AddonComponent to allow me to hue the bees)

EDIT: Nevermind, I solved my own problem. Seems that when I was overloading the AddonComponent, I forgot to include 'Movable = false', causing them to eventually decay. God, I'm such an idiot. Let that be a lesson to you, kids. :D Thanks anyway!

I have tested this on my shard.. I have found that regardless of the availibility of water and flowers... Regardless of the amount of both that I surround the hive with, less or more, the hive goes empty on the first shard save (runuo 1.0 shard). I also have experienced the fact that it does not destroy with use of any tool.. It takes a GM to [remove it.

Anyway, that is my story and I am sticking too it.

Fixed

I managed to work out the bugs.. they were on my end, not related to this script at all.. :eek:

Now that I fixed my server, this script seems to be pretty fun. Looking forward to seeing some honey.

Thanks! :)