RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apiculture (Beekeeping)

TalRave

Wanderer
This may be stupid of me to ask... But a player asked me and frankly I couldn't give him an answer.
How do you supply the flowers and water that the hive needs??

Cyberspud

Wanderer
TalRave said:
This may be stupid of me to ask... But a player asked me and frankly I couldn't give him an answer.
How do you supply the flowers and water that the hive needs??
Any item (static or dynamic) with "flower", "poppie", or "snowdrop" in the ItemData name will count as a flower...plants from the Plant System (even decorative ones) work just fine.

Any item (static or dynamic) with "water" in the ItemData name will count as a water...this could be a water trough addon, or even a pitcher of water (the bees aren't picky).

Hopefully that helps. :)

TalRave

Wanderer
Then whats up with the red x's next to the flower icon and the water icon?

Edit: Nevermind. Just needed a worldsave.... >_<

Cyberspud

Wanderer
TalRave said:
Then whats up with the red x's next to the flower icon and the water icon?

Edit: Nevermind. Just needed a worldsave.... >_<

Yep, the water/flower range check only occurs during world saves. When you first place a hive, the range check hasn't happened yet, so you see the X's. The range check happens first before everything else (like population calculations) so as long as there are flowers and water around, everything will be fine.

Thanks.

H

hudel

Rylock said:
This is great. I reworked that script myself, but never as complicated as this. I also made a basic wax crafting system, but there are only a few things in it so far. Since this'll probably be replacing my version, I may as well share this little detail too until you do it yourself.

The scripts are pretty simple and self-explanatory. Use the dipping sticks near a wax pot and you can make the wax items. You might also want to add the dipping sticks and the wax pot deed to your Beekeeper vendor so players have access to it.

Anyway, nice script, can't wait to try it out.

Your defWax-System is very nice. I've just one little thing. When I have no waxpot i got just the message "please, come closer." (in german) I would like to change this message. can you tell me where I can do that?

The Apiculture 1.1 is a very fine system. I like it and I think it's a very cool addition to RunUO. Thanks for sharing it.

Rylock

Wanderer
Well, in defWax.cs, find the line:
Code:
			return 1005650;

And change the number in there to the clinoc message you want it to send instead. Sadly there isn't one concerning wax pots, so I had to take what there was.

Cyberspud

Wanderer
The next step will be adding the Wax Crafting/Dipping part of it. I have some ideas for some cool wax related items...unfortunatley, I really only can work on this stuff on the weekends, so it may be a few days.

I believe Crystal had a brewing system, as well...might need to tweak that a bit so honey can be used for mead, etc. (if it can't already).

I just really enjoy these resource/production scripts...so much of what I enjoyed about Ultima 6 ...

:cool:

H

hudel

Cyberspud said:
The next step will be adding the Wax Crafting/Dipping part of it. I have some ideas for some cool wax related items...unfortunatley, I really only can work on this stuff on the weekends, so it may be a few days.

I believe Crystal had a brewing system, as well...might need to tweak that a bit so honey can be used for mead, etc. (if it can't already).

I just really enjoy these resource/production scripts...so much of what I enjoyed about Ultima 6 ...

:cool:

I modifed the DefBrewing about 3 days ago. It uses honey for mead. You can find it there ;):
http://www.runuo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47101&highlight=cooking

H

hudel

Rylock said:
Well, in defWax.cs, find the line:
Code:
			return 1005650;

And change the number in there to the clinoc message you want it to send instead. Sadly there isn't one concerning wax pots, so I had to take what there was.

Thanks for the tip. I want to replace the
Code:
return 1005650;
width:
Code:
return "You need a Waxpot to use the dipping tool";
but it won't work. I got the failure message:
Code:
- Error: Scripts\Custom\New\Systems\Merchant&CraftingSystems\ApiCulture 2\Items\DefWax.cs: CS0029: (line 101, column 11) Implizite Konvertierung des Typs 'string' zu 'int' nicht möglich.
Can someone please give me a tip how I could handle that? :eek:

omagaalpha

Wanderer
here code show what you want to know
public override void OnDoubleClick( Mobile from ) {
if ( !IsChildOf( from.Backpack ) )
from.SendLocalizedMessage( 1042001 ); // That must be in your pack for you to use it.

if (from.Female)
from.SendMessage( "Only males can use the deed." ); else
from.SendGump( new InternalGump( from, this ) );
}
lol on my school computer so search script from different people to find it

ssalter

Account Terminated
hudel said:
Thanks for the tip. I want to replace the
Code:
return 1005650;
width:
Code:
return "You need a Waxpot to use the dipping tool";
but it won't work. I got the failure message:
Code:
- Error: Scripts\Custom\New\Systems\Merchant&CraftingSystems\ApiCulture 2\Items\DefWax.cs: CS0029: (line 101, column 11) Implizite Konvertierung des Typs 'string' zu 'int' nicht möglich.
Can someone please give me a tip how I could handle that? :eek:

Best way I know of is use the uo localization editor and add your own custom message into your cliloc. Alternately, rewrite defwax so it returns a string rather than an int.

Alari

Wanderer
Seems like a nice package, and definitely good that it's more similar to the plant system. I'm still updating my shard and scripts to 1.0.0, when I redo the food and cooking package I'm probably just going to link to your apiculture system instead of including the old one. =)

jesse

Sorceror
cannot build that there?

I tired using your bee keeping scripts, and if my admin adds in a hive, it seems to work (the bees died, but that was Probably my falt..) But.. if I try to use a deed with either a staff or a player, in the chars own home, I get a "you cannot build that there" message. this may have to do with me still running a beta version. any ideas?

Cyberspud

Wanderer
Alari said:
Seems like a nice package, and definitely good that it's more similar to the plant system. I'm still updating my shard and scripts to 1.0.0, when I redo the food and cooking package I'm probably just going to link to your apiculture system instead of including the old one. =)

I have to say thanks for your translation and merging of all those scripts, Alari...that is what inspired this in the first place hehe.

Cyberspud

Wanderer
jesse said:
I tired using your bee keeping scripts, and if my admin adds in a hive, it seems to work (the bees died, but that was Probably my falt..) But.. if I try to use a deed with either a staff or a player, in the chars own home, I get a "you cannot build that there" message. this may have to do with me still running a beta version. any ideas?

These scripts were written on RunUO 1.0.0 ... unfortunatley, I really don't have a way to test it on older versions of RunUO.

If I had to guess, there was an issue with older versions of RunUO where you couldn't build addons that had components that stacked (because it would block itself).

I posted about it a while back and I'm not sure the post even exists...but Krrios posted a custom fix for it. Since the Beehive is a hive on top of a table, the placement check is failing most likely because the table is "blocking" the hive. Again, this is just a guess.

jesse

Sorceror
thanks for the insight.. I wouldnt mind just // out the table part of it, but I think its having trouble checking for water and flowers too. everything does work except for the hive itself.. if worst comes to worst, I can write a basic hive that will give raw wax and honey.. wouldnt be as fun or personalized as the potion care stuff, but it should be a way for players to harvest recorses.. but I'll try troubleshooting your hive as much as I can, its deffinately better

Macil

Sorceror
Found a slight problem with this script today. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if it's just not working properly/as intended as I'm thinking.

When I'm in the beehive menu, collecting wax with the hive tool or whatever. If I click the icon to collect the wax more than once, it only distributes one peice of raw wax despite how many times I click into my bag. When I look back at my hive tool though, it continues to use usages on the tool even though it's only puting a single peice of raw wax into my bag. It'll continue to do this until the tool is destroyed from expiring it's usages, and I'm left with only a single peice of wax.

How I've found to get around it for the time being is to drop the raw wax collected to the floor until I'm done collecting, the pick it all back up after I'm done.

Again, not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not noticing something, but that's just my input on the situation, hope this helps in making your system better than it already is.

I can't wait to see wax crafting!

Cyberspud

Wanderer
jesse said:
thanks for the insight.. I wouldnt mind just // out the table part of it, but I think its having trouble checking for water and flowers too. everything does work except for the hive itself.. if worst comes to worst, I can write a basic hive that will give raw wax and honey.. wouldnt be as fun or personalized as the potion care stuff, but it should be a way for players to harvest recorses.. but I'll try troubleshooting your hive as much as I can, its deffinately better

Check out Alari's mega harvest script...there is a basic hive in there that was originally written in 2003 (I think) so it should work with older versions of RunUO...

Cyberspud

Wanderer
Macil said:
Found a slight problem with this script today. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if it's just not working properly/as intended as I'm thinking.

When I'm in the beehive menu, collecting wax with the hive tool or whatever. If I click the icon to collect the wax more than once, it only distributes one peice of raw wax despite how many times I click into my bag. When I look back at my hive tool though, it continues to use usages on the tool even though it's only puting a single peice of raw wax into my bag. It'll continue to do this until the tool is destroyed from expiring it's usages, and I'm left with only a single peice of wax.

How I've found to get around it for the time being is to drop the raw wax collected to the floor until I'm done collecting, the pick it all back up after I'm done.

Again, not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not noticing something, but that's just my input on the situation, hope this helps in making your system better than it already is.

I can't wait to see wax crafting!

D'oh. I just tested this with a player on my shard. As long as there is wax in the hive, it appears to work fine. Clicking on the harvest wax button put all the wax into his pack and ticked one use off of the hive tool. But if there is no wax in the hive, you can keep clicking on the harvest button and the above happens. I'll post a fix ASAP.

:eek:

Cyberspud

Wanderer
Version 1.2 has been posted.

Fixed the wax harvesting issue and added the Large Wax Pot while I was at it.

Melt pure beeswax into the Large Wax Pot by double clicking and targeting the wax. The wax crafting process will use the wax in the large wax pot to craft various candles, etc.