RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apiculture (Beekeeping)

Sharlenwar

Sorceror
Darkness_PR said:
awasome script im gonna give it a try and like blue77 i think im gonna do the same lol but i dunno what items can be made from bee wax =/ candles and such?

Why not have alchemy use candles, and thus, make candles with the wax to be used in alchemy. :)

Kiki

Wanderer
I just found the wax stacking issues on my shard too where I'm still staff testing it before shardwide release.

Its collecting wax.. but, its stacking.. however its not counting that it was stacked and theres no way to seperate it. So if you click multiple times, its all going into the same "peice" of beeswax (I'm guessing) If I set the beeswax on the ground, I can collect another peice.. when I drop them into my bag (by dropping them on my ingame image or paperdoll) they merge... unless I place them directly into the bag gump itself

I'll try your update, but based on what I just read, doesn't sound like it will help the stacking issue

Kiki, Owner ABT

Cyberspud

Wanderer
Kiki said:
I just found the wax stacking issues on my shard too where I'm still staff testing it before shardwide release.

Its collecting wax.. but, its stacking.. however its not counting that it was stacked and theres no way to seperate it. So if you click multiple times, its all going into the same "peice" of beeswax (I'm guessing) If I set the beeswax on the ground, I can collect another peice.. when I drop them into my bag (by dropping them on my ingame image or paperdoll) they merge... unless I place them directly into the bag gump itself

I'll try your update, but based on what I just read, doesn't sound like it will help the stacking issue

Kiki, Owner ABT
The update should fix this. Before, you could harvest wax with an item count of 0 which could sort of mess things up. :eek:

Karmageddon

Sorceror
Cyberspud I must say this is a good system. But I am not sure if this is an issue just for me or not. On my server as a staff member you can see the bees swarming around the hive. But as a player you cannot. The hives are still in the beginning stages, was wondering if that was why they are like that or is it something else?

Cyberspud

Wanderer
Karmageddon said:
Cyberspud I must say this is a good system. But I am not sure if this is an issue just for me or not. On my server as a staff member you can see the bees swarming around the hive. But as a player you cannot. The hives are still in the beginning stages, was wondering if that was why they are like that or is it something else?

The swarm of bees is hidden until the hive starts producing. As a GM you will be able to see them (they are "grayed" out). Hopefully this helps.

Karmageddon said:

Just saying that my players cansee the bees as well as my admins.

Cyberspud, my issue is anyone can harvest your wax and honey, how do we make it so only the owner or maybe house friends can do this?

Thanks,
Dan

Karmageddon said:

My players can see the bees and the admins can as well.

Cyberspud my issue is that anyone can harvest your honey and your wax. How can we make it so just the owner or maybe house friends can harvest?

Thanks,
Dan

Greystar

Wanderer
soldierfortune said:
My players can see the bees and the admins can as well.

Cyberspud my issue is that anyone can harvest your honey and your wax. How can we make it so just the owner or maybe house friends can harvest?

Thanks,
Dan

Since I havnt looked at this version of Apiculture yet... does the bee hive have a Owner field on it?

Cause if it does then just add a check where it shows the gump if it does that to see if from == owner I probably should look at the code before giving help... so if im way off just ignore it... I had a bad day today.

Montegro

Wanderer
yes I have a quesion lol my players dont know how to take care of their hive, do they put healthy plants next to it if so howmany and what king of sorce of water? a water trough? a jug? because after a while of it living in their household it Dies... [EMPTY]

Greystar

Wanderer
Montegro said:
yes I have a quesion lol my players dont know how to take care of their hive, do they put healthy plants next to it if so howmany and what king of sorce of water? a water trough? a jug? because after a while of it living in their household it Dies... [EMPTY]

This was explained, the Beehive lookes for FlowerTiles and WaterTiles within range. The range is defined in the script. So if they choose to build their house where there is no water or flowertiles then their bees will probably die. Although I think they should be able to fix the Water Problem by adding a water tile to their custom house... but as far as the flowers I don't know if plants from the plantsystem work or not... if they do that's cool if they don't it would be a cool addon for this.

koluch

Sorceror
Greystar said:
This was explained, the Beehive lookes for FlowerTiles and WaterTiles within range. The range is defined in the script. So if they choose to build their house where there is no water or flowertiles then their bees will probably die. Although I think they should be able to fix the Water Problem by adding a water tile to their custom house... but as far as the flowers I don't know if plants from the plantsystem work or not... if they do that's cool if they don't it would be a cool addon for this.

I have bees a buzzin, but I am also a plant grower, so as soon as I set them to decorative, Ill let you know if I see any change.
Been collecting ideas for things to make from the wax.
Anyone else working on a wax crafting system to go along with this?
I'd be interested to join in, if so!

Thanks!

Shazzy

Karmageddon

Sorceror
Ok I have another question..... lol
I think I have everything needed for the wax crafting, but I still cannot do anything. Whenever I doubleclick the dipping sticks it tells me I need to be closer. Even with the waxpot on my backpack, or on a table next to me. Is there still something I am missing?

Also could you point me in the direction for Cristal's Apiculture script??

Joeku

Lord
Awesome script. I can't wait until it's perfected. I have an easy solution to the "no flowers/water". Just use the Yard System. You can place Nature items inside/around your house with it. It lets you place flowers so place some flowers near your beehive inside your house and you are set! Also, for Wax Crafting... it would be neat if you could make some wax statues, candles (duh), and maybe use it to seal items somehow. Like you can make letters and send them to players using a postage system, but you need wax to seal the letters. That would be cool.

koluch

Sorceror
Karmageddon said:
Ok I have another question..... lol
I think I have everything needed for the wax crafting, but I still cannot do anything. Whenever I doubleclick the dipping sticks it tells me I need to be closer. Even with the waxpot on my backpack, or on a table next to me. Is there still something I am missing?
Me too and have tried changing several factors, any success on your end adding the craft part?