RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auction System Updates

Josh123

Wanderer
:) i tried hundereds of paths and versions of clioc.enu but the same warning again and again

can someone tell me if this line is formated propperly?
public static string ClilocLocation = @"E:\Server\Data\cliloc.enu";

because that file lay there

Jarrod

Sorceror
according to the installation guide (and the way it was before), yes. although Cliloc.enu is capitalized in the folder. and null should have worked for me on the server, as UO is properly installed.

seanandre

Sorceror
Okay, for once I have actually found a solution to the problems everybody's been having here and am able to help with it. But I won't gloat because it may not work for everyone else.

Here's what I did to solve the problem:

When I realized that setting the path to the cliloc.enu file in the AuctionConfig.cs file wasn't helping no matter what I did, I decided to go back and thoroughly read the installation instructions and found something in there that said you have to set the path to the file in AuctionConfig.xml. The mistake everybody seems to be making in here, is that you guys are making the change to the AuctionConfig.cs file and the instructions say to make it in the .xml file.

So not wanting to take a chance, I went ahead and made the change in the .cs file, and THEN I opened AuctionConfig.xml in a text editor (Notepad) and set the path THERE, restarted my shard, and threw a test item up for auctioni, and POOF! Problem solved. The system works GREAT!

Xanthos you are a GOD for taking over this script, you ROCK man! My players LOVE IT!

X

Xanthos

seanandre said:
Okay, for once I have actually found a solution to the problems everybody's been having here and am able to help with it. But I won't gloat because it may not work for everyone else.

Here's what I did to solve the problem:

When I realized that setting the path to the cliloc.enu file in the AuctionConfig.cs file wasn't helping no matter what I did, I decided to go back and thoroughly read the installation instructions and found something in there that said you have to set the path to the file in AuctionConfig.xml. The mistake everybody seems to be making in here, is that you guys are making the change to the AuctionConfig.cs file and the instructions say to make it in the .xml file.

So not wanting to take a chance, I went ahead and made the change in the .cs file, and THEN I opened AuctionConfig.xml in a text editor (Notepad) and set the path THERE, restarted my shard, and threw a test item up for auctioni, and POOF! Problem solved. The system works GREAT!

Xanthos you are a GOD for taking over this script, you ROCK man! My players LOVE IT!
Thanks for the compliment - really glad to see people enjoying this system.

BTW just so everyone else knows - you must put the xml file in the Data directory for this to work. Otherwise, if leave it in the Auction directory the AuctionConfig.xml file will not be read by the configparser. You can change the options in the .cs however if you do this then you should not put the xml file in the data directory. I recommend just using the xml and leaving the .cs unchanged.

I hope people like the config parser. I have a friend that was always losing his config settings when he got a new update from me so I gave people the option of configuring without having to change source code.

X

Xanthos

Jarrod said:
- Error: Scripts\Xanthos Auction 1.11\Auction\AuctionSearch.cs:
CS0234: (line 207, column 11) The type or namespace name 'IsArtifact' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Arya.Misc' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Its looking for Ayra.Misc instead of Xanthos.Misc
Jarrod, did you get the utilities.zip and unzip it on top of your Xanthos folder? That method is defined in Utilities.

Jarrod

Sorceror
Xanthos said:
Jarrod, did you get the utilities.zip and unzip it on top of your Xanthos folder? That method is defined in Utilities.

sure did. however, you also have utilities for something else (the claim system). i compared them both, and they both have Xanthos in them

Kamron

Knight
I would have been interested in this, but since it was intertwined in two other systems which have been deemed worthless, I think I will pass.

Nice try though Xanthos :\ Maybe next time.

seanandre

Sorceror
Well if I'm counting right, one of his systems is the claim thing, and the other is the EVO System. And none of those systems are worthless in my opinion. When I installed this script I had to remove the UTILITIES folder from the EVO system, in order to use the one that came with this package, but once i did that, everything worked great.

Josh123

Wanderer
Problem

Hi i have a problem again when i get auctioncheck to backpack and doubleclick on it and chose get to bank , auction check is deleted , it say "i put item to your bank" but in bankbox is nothing :( its empty :(

can someone help me with it?

X

Xanthos

XxSP1DERxX said:
I would have been interested in this, but since it was intertwined in two other systems which have been deemed worthless, I think I will pass.

Nice try though Xanthos :\ Maybe next time.
Nice try? There is no try, there is only do or do not =)

I would love to hear your definition of intertwined and why that is a bad thing. It sounds a little bohemian for a description of a C# assembly.

X

Xanthos

XxSP1DERxX said:
Yes, many people like those systems. However, I have heard many who don't. Its all opinion ;)
You know what they say about opinions. Ah the drama!

X

Xanthos

seanandre said:
Well if I'm counting right, one of his systems is the claim thing, and the other is the EVO System. And none of those systems are worthless in my opinion. When I installed this script I had to remove the UTILITIES folder from the EVO system, in order to use the one that came with this package, but once i did that, everything worked great.
Evolution creature system
Claim
Spellcrafting
Speechcop Jailing system
Safe Res Context
Auction System

Those are all of them. Thanks for the nice compliment seanandre. I enjoy them and I know others do as well. I am really not concerned with criticism unless it has some useful purpose. Why spiderboy chose to chime in I cannot say...

X

Xanthos

Josh123 said:
Hi i have a problem again when i get auctioncheck to backpack and doubleclick on it and chose get to bank , auction check is deleted , it say "i put item to your bank" but in bankbox is nothing :( its empty :(

can someone help me with it?
Did you happen to also use the Savings Account? If you have the savings account in your bank box the gold should go there rather than into the bank box.

seanandre

Sorceror
I don't exactly know how to use the savings account. If it's enabled by default, I most likely am using it, but before just now when I ready your post Xanthos, I didn't even know how to use the savings account LOL! Earlier today one of my members suggested that I dype [add savingsaccount Well I did this, and targeted myself, not knowing exactly what to do, and the shard crashed LOL! Exactly how are we supposed to use this?

X

Xanthos

seanandre said:
I don't exactly know how to use the savings account. If it's enabled by default, I most likely am using it, but before just now when I ready your post Xanthos, I didn't even know how to use the savings account LOL! Earlier today one of my members suggested that I dype [add savingsaccount Well I did this, and targeted myself, not knowing exactly what to do, and the shard crashed LOL! Exactly how are we supposed to use this?
I imagine people have scripts to put such things in everyone's bank boxes to automate this as well as modifying the charactercreation code so that new characters will get this as well. I will write some code to add to the package for this. In the meantime you can do it manually as follows:

[add savingsaccount
target the ground
[set movable true
target the gold box
put the box in your bank then
[set movable true
target the gold box

Your shard crashing makes no sense to me. The copy constructor for savingsaccount really doesnt do much.

Josh123

Wanderer
Xanthos said:
Did you happen to also use the Savings Account? If you have the savings account in your bank box the gold should go there rather than into the bank box.

A have problem with items from auction , not gold, gold is stacked in bank properly but items are deleted :(

EDIT: Now i know exactly where is problem , item is sended to bank but if check is deleted item is deleted too :(

AuctionCheck.cs
bool dropped = to.BankBox.TryDropItem( to, item, false );

if ( dropped )
{
to.SendMessage( AuctionConfig.MessageHue, AuctionSystem.ST[ 117 ] );
item.UpdateTotals();
Delete(); // -----------THIS IS THE PROBLEM
}