RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom Artwork How-To

Sinthetic

Sorceror
I got every thing to work, but not having any luck with custom animations. The version of UO I use don't have verdat files so I can not help you with this problem. :(
It took me 2 weeks to get evrything working. Just takes time man. Sorry I can not assist you in this matter.

Crash1984

Wanderer
alternative?

i did everything you said and it is easy but for some reason i couildnt get mulpatcher to work. is there another program or a way i can get the mulpatcher to load the anim.idx? all it says that i cannot load it from C:\such and such

it does not load the anim.idx any more - that is what it is saying, it auto loads it as it needs it and autosaves as it goes along
reason being is memory envolved for the files is to high for it to load it

the best way to run mulpatcher is from a copy directory of your servers datapath directory (which should be a copy of UO)
then run it from in there, using the files from in there also

this way if you make a goof, live file are not messed up
and when done with what you where changing, and all is good, then can copy the files where they go
and if you oooops then can copy the good ones back in and no harm no fowl

Dezorza

Wanderer
does anyone know where the weather graphics can be changed? ive gotten tired of falling squares and look to replace them with something better.

using photo shop, corel photo paint or other favorite art program
they just have to be in bitmap format, and match up to what your are making the art for
you can use mulpatcher to save some of them to disk so you can see their size, layout, etc to match them up with

or find art on the internet (there is a bunch of places listed in the general discussion area for sites, plus OrBSydia Forums has a section now also - i have some posted in there)

SolusII

Sorceror
Ok, thank you, but another question. In the tutorial, it says to click empty slots in the gump(anim) part, but when I click the drop down list, there's nothing to choose from.

if you mean for copying an animation to use for a new weapon/clothing/etc?

you can skipp the animation part, it is handled in the body.def file

I posted on this part before in here

might want to read all of this to get the full knowledge out of it

Alyria

Wanderer
I am really new to all of this, and I read all 7 pages here, but I just want to clarify something to make sure I understand correctly: I have a new skirt (I did this before I read the whole thing, just the actual tutorial part) and put it in and it is working - somewhat. But I think I might have done it wrong - I put it at 0xEEFF (61183) and then when I entered it into my body.def I added 11183 {449} 0 . For the most part it looks like I wanted it to for the animation, but when I sit, I am naked. The skirt is going to be for females only, but if I am understanding this right, I need to put it in a different number (in the 50000 range)? I also read about putting it in the female range optionally, so I would need to go through all the steps in the tutorial 2 times? Like I was putting in 2 different items? Do I understand this right so far? Also, if I need to do this for both, how would I add them both to the script?

If I change the hue in body.def (right now on animation it is just a non-colored long skirt, and I would ike it to show a different color) will that only change the color of the animation and not the actual item? The item is pre-colored and will not be dyeable in game. Just like my tiledata right now is non-colored. I also couldnt find animations with InsideUo for the Elven clothing, which would work better for my item, does anyone know where to find that?

Finally (I think this is the last question for now, sorry for so many), When I set up, people will need to patch the art.mul, artidx,mul, gumpart.mul, gumpidx.mul, tiledata.mul and body.def, is this correct? (when I did the animdata.mul it just saved as 0, so I am just saving it in body.def.

Thilgon

Sorceror
Alyria;810880 said:
I am really new to all of this, and I read all 7 pages here, but I just want to clarify something to make sure I understand correctly: I have a new skirt (I did this before I read the whole thing, just the actual tutorial part) and put it in and it is working - somewhat. But I think I might have done it wrong - I put it at 0xEEFF (61183) and then when I entered it into my body.def I added 11183 {449} 0 . For the most part it looks like I wanted it to for the animation, but when I sit, I am naked. The skirt is going to be for females only, but if I am understanding this right, I need to put it in a different number (in the 50000 range)? I also read about putting it in the female range optionally, so I would need to go through all the steps in the tutorial 2 times? Like I was putting in 2 different items? Do I understand this right so far? Also, if I need to do this for both, how would I add them both to the script?
You got it wrong.
THIS is why you can't see your item while "sitting".

However, you patched it in the wrong gump slot. Try finding a slot between 50400 and 50999, a CLEAR one, and patch your gump there. then, do what you did in body.def, and subtract 50000 from the gumpID.
You have to put something in the range 60000 and more only if you want an item's gump to appear differently if worn by male or female... thus, if you have only 1 gump, and it is for females, you can simply patch it in the "male" range, and set by script that it can be worn only by females. your female characters will use that gump as well.

can find a quick guide by me (explains same things of this topic) HERE (just scroll down)
Patch an item OVER the 1000th animation slot only if you don't need that item to show all the time on your character, like a ring, a necklace, earrings, "background effects", tatoos, etc etc... meaning, only things that need to show only on the paperdoll, and not on the animation.

If I change the hue in body.def (right now on animation it is just a non-colored long skirt, and I would ike it to show a different color) will that only change the color of the animation and not the actual item? The item is pre-colored and will not be dyeable in game. Just like my tiledata right now is non-colored. I also couldnt find animations with InsideUo for the Elven clothing, which would work better for my item, does anyone know where to find that?
only the animation will be hued accordingly to the hue you set in body.def. i suggest you to modify the hue in the script, thus having the hue of both gump and anim (and item also) go together.
The elven items are just there, load the anim5.mul file, and scroll it down.

Finally (I think this is the last question for now, sorry for so many), When I set up, people will need to patch the art.mul, artidx,mul, gumpart.mul, gumpidx.mul, tiledata.mul and body.def, is this correct? (when I did the animdata.mul it just saved as 0, so I am just saving it in body.def.

You'll have to give people ANY file you modified. So, if possible, try to keep it simple: those files are heavy.
animdata.mul has NOTHING to do with wearable animations. That is for "item" animation, like thw running water, the animated lava tiles, etc.
Keeping it simple and doing it right, if there's no need to add animations for something new, you might don't want to add any art also... do it like this (i haven't tried it yet, but should work like this): like body.def, there are other .def, one of them is art.def...
find a suitable art, note the ID, and do the same as body.def.
This way, you can patch a new wearable with a custom gump just patching to your players only a few, light files: body.def, art.def, tiledata.mul, gumpsart.mul, gumpidx.mul, and nothing else.
Your patch will be light and easy to download.

natfoth

Sorceror
Heya guys, Ive been working all night to try and get a custom item added in, but i cant seem to be able to get it. Everytime i go ingame and add it in, the item is just a regular robe. Here is a picture of my settings.

Body.def
Code:
#Custom
11169 {469} 0

Script

Code:
using System;
using Server.Network;
using Server.Items;
using Server.Targeting;

namespace Server.Items
{
	public class ElvenRobe : Robe
  {

[Constructable]
		public ElvenRobe() : base( 0x3FFC )
		{
			Weight = 3.0;
			Name = "Elven Robe";
		}

public ElvenRobe( Serial serial ) : base( serial )
		{
		}

public override void Serialize( GenericWriter writer )
		{
			base.Serialize( writer );
			writer.Write( (int) 0 ); // version
		}

public override void Deserialize( GenericReader reader )
		{
			base.Deserialize( reader );

int version = reader.ReadInt();
		}
	}
}

you can not use gump spots that high up
back into the C's is where you want to go

it has to be in the range of 50,000 to 59,999 decimal for the male part
and optional female difference has to be same number but +10,000 to the male one - you should have a male one just in case

September

Sorceror
Confused

I been researching this and would love to figure it out ,

*EDIT SOLVED* Ok Thank you Greywolf and Thilgon they helped me in another thread with this problem here, i think i had pandoras box open while trying to save and so that was what was making it so i couldnt save my stuff correctly,lol!

Ok I was having the problem in tiledata that i couldnt put in any animation Id But I redownloaded mulpatcher and that worked, but now i have the problem when i follow all the steps then .... i can't save!
I go to settings tab and really im not sure even how to save, since there are 2 boxes there in the boxes where you load the art/gump files and in each box one save button (also load but that seems to work fine) Well .. when i go to save a box to save the files back into my UO Folder (or whereever i choose) will pop up and it automatically has the "type" there which it is inputting the name of the script but no "Name" entry,, so I enter in the name of the script and a error pops ups saying it cant not be saved.
any idesa what i may be doing wrong??? Thanks !
Can anyone help me plzzzz ????
Thanks to anyone for any help and advice with this! :confused::confused::confused::D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My New Problem is: I just can not see the custom art on the char while walking aroun in world, i can see it in paperdoll, and on ground just not while looking at char. any advice ?????

Custom Hair too??

Total noob still, but I managed to add an item to my files after about 30min of tinkering and re-reading.. So putting armor and clothing in isn't an issue. I'm just not sure how I would go about adding in custom hair/beards. I have the custom artwork for it already.

I notice when you add hair in, the tiledata picture is text when you add it in. Is there a different method of adding in custom hair?

Thanks so much for your time guys, this is a really amazing post! <3 :D

they just use it so it is not hair on the ground

you have the gump to be added, and the text based pic was just for a marker,, can use anygraphic for it actualy
just need the tiledata set up correctly (like a weapons)
then in game set hairitemid to your new hairdo

remember that if you want it different on girls than guys, add 10000 to the gump number and place the ladies hair there

Okay.. now I have problems

Okay... so I was able to add items that disappear when you sat down, then found the post that said you need to add the items between a certain Dec number... so now I add an Item at 0xC601 (and also at 0xED11 for the female version). In game, I set a robe to the itemid I made for it (0x263E, check A and Wearable, and adjusted the anim to match the Gump). Instead of the anim (which I copied to that Gump(anim) hex slot as 0x1D5, and added the entry of 689 {469} 0 to Body.dex) of a robe, I have a harrower attached to my robe slot anim that walks with me.. In mulpatcher I check anim1 and it shows a robe anim for 689(0x2B1), as well as in InsideUO. All of them show the correct animation, but in game it's replaced with the Harrower animtion. This changes for the Gump(anim) entry that I add it too.. I've also had it be a pair of gloves (Gump0xC58A anim 0x23A) and a weird little staff (Gump0xC56B anim 0x21B)... Any help would be greatly appreciated. (Tile data and Gump shows up perfect, it's only the anim that's wrong!)

-Madmartigan