RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom woods and ores for distro pack including custom craftables

daat99

Staff member
Custom woods and ores for distro pack including custom craftables

This script pack will no longer be updated since I released a complete pack that include leather to replace it, other then major bugs (which I'm not aware of) I won't post anything in this thread.
Edit 13/01/2005 version 0.06 post #39:
Added back the lumberjacking ps to the master of the arts.
Added gaining of lumberjacking with lumberjacking of high level woods (thanks XxSP1DERxX).

Edit 02/01/2005 version 0.05 post #35:
Fixed a bug in toolhouse that caused the shard to crash.

IMPORTANT without this patch your players won't be able to lumberjack the high level woods IMPORTANT
Edit 27/12/2004 version 0.04 post #23:
I tuned down the lumberjacking skill needed to lumberjack the high level woods, for some reason it won't raise even if you have ps :(
It looks like I won't be able to figure out how to make lumberjacking go above 100 so I think I'll keep the elven wood at 99 skill to lumber :(

Edit 27/12/2004 version 0.03 post #20:
Added a BaseCreature.cs file to make the custom scales carveable from creatures.
Changed the gold/copper/yellow scales hue in OreInfo.cs.

Edit 27/12/2004 version 0.02 post #15:
Updated to 0.02, all the users that have 0.01 need only file 1of2 and not both.
Added Mule that is a beatle that was tweaked a bit and much harder to tame.
Added new "Master of The Arts" champ npc that give 2 ps on the players backpack (NOT IN LOOT), much stronger to kill and when it die you can tame the Mule he was riding.

Please delete the mad crafter npc, ty.

Original post:
This post is for replacing distro files only, if you made dodifications to 1 of the files I use either don't use this pack, figure out how to mod yours or remod this files the way you modded the distro version. I can't give much of support about this matter yet but I'll try to :)

I post this up for 2 reasons:
1. I had REAL hard time combining them togather even tho I used the faq's.
2. I saw a lot of people posting requests and questions for custom ores\wood systems.
I didn't support a modifications to the distro files again for 2 reasons:
1. I don't know enough about this yet :(
2. I made a lot of mistakes trying to mod the files and a lot of people had hard time as I saw in the posts on furoms.

Now after I covered this here's the info:

Credits to custom woods\ores for distro daat99 v0.1:
Made craftable by daat99.
Packed into distro files by daat99.

Custom Wood is based on Guadah script submission post from runuo forums.

Custom Ore is based on Ashenfall's guide on the F.A.Q section from runuo forums.

Custom Craftables was rewrited in an extreme manner by myself daat99 based mostly on Ashlars and his beloved Morrigan resource book scripts (I learned from reading their script how to do most of this stuff, special thanx to them).

Wood Elementals is basically ore elementals that was converted to hold wood and 20% runic fletcher tools.

Ore Elementals is the basic runuo ore elementals that was modified to hold ore and 20% runic hammers (I have no idea who wrote The custom ore script I use, I just got it from County Line shard).

Mad Crafter modified to generate the ps onbeforedeath to avoid people stealing it (I saw that happens too much), I don't know who wrote the script tho.

Description:
5 custom ores and 11 custom woods all based on 120 skill cap.

Changelog:
27/12/2004 lowered the lumberjacking skill needed to lumberjack the high level ores.
27/12/2004 changed the yellow/gold/copper scales hues so you can notice the difference easily.
27/12/2004 added bacecreature.cs to be able to get custom scales from monsters.
27/12/2004 added mule for the master of the arts to ride on.
27/12/2004 added master of the arts npc to replace mad crafter.
25/12/2004 combined custome wood\ore for distro daat99 v0.1

Pakcage include 49 files in 4 directories:

Custom Wood and Ores.txt

Custom Craftables\ 11 files: custom craftable directory, place in custom.
Custom Craftables\Bank Hive.cs
Custom Craftables\Costum Craftables.txt
Custom Craftables\Key Ring.cs
Custom Craftables\Metal Workers Key.cs
Custom Craftables\MobileForge.cs
Custom Craftables\RunicHouse.cs
Custom Craftables\Spell Casters Key.cs
Custom Craftables\Stone Workers Key.cs
Custom Craftables\Tailors Key.cs
Custom Craftables\ToolHouse.cs
Custom Craftables\WoodWorkersKey.cs

Modified\ 17 files: All the files in that directory must replace the distro files!!! MAKE BACKUPS !!!
Modified\BaseArmor.cs
Modified\BaseCreature.cs
Modified\BaseWeapon.cs
Modified\CraftItem.cs
Modified\DefBlacksmithy.cs
Modified\DefBowFletching.cs
Modified\DefCarpentry.cs
Modified\DefMasonry.cs
Modified\DefTinkering.cs
Modified\Granite.cs
Modified\Ingots.cs
Modified\Lumberjacking.cs
Modified\Mining.cs
Modified\Ore.cs
Modified\OreInfo.cs
Modified\ProspectorsTool.cs
Modified\Scales.cs

New\ 4 files: New files that need to be dropped in custom folder
New\CustomWoods.cs
New\Master ofThe Arts.cs
New\Mule.cs
New\RunicFletchersTools.cs

New\Elements\ 16 files: All the ore\wood elements drop 25 ore\50 log and 20% for runic
New\Elements\AshWoodElemental.cs
New\Elements\BambooWoodElemental.cs
New\Elements\BlazeOreElemental.cs
New\Elements\EbonyWoodElemental.cs
New\Elements\ElectrumOreElemental.cs
New\Elements\IceOreElemental.cs
New\Elements\MohoganyWoodElemental.cs
New\Elements\OakWoodElemental.cs
New\Elements\PetrifiedWoodElemental.cs
New\Elements\PineWoodElemental.cs
New\Elements\PlatinumOreElemental.cs
New\Elements\PurpleHeartWoodElemental.cs
New\Elements\RedwoodWoodElemental.cs
New\Elements\ToxicOreElemental.cs
New\Elements\YewWoodElemental.cs
New\Elements\ZircoteWoodElemental.cs

Installation:
1. Place all the files anywhere in **\runuo\scripts\custom\**
2. MAKE BACKUP FOR ALL THE FILES IN STEP 4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
3. MAKE ANOTHER BACKUP FOR ALL THE FILES IN STEP 4 !!!!!!!!!! it can save your shard from complete wipe if you don't 100% sure what you doing, trust me I was real close to shard wipe :(
4. Go over all the 17 files in the modified directory and make sure you replace the original files with them (if you miss even 1 it won't compile and will get you tons of errors.
5. Restart the server and let your players have fun :)

P.S. for some reason the forum don't let me post the file so I'll divide it to 2 files, make sure you have BOTH of them, they won't work alone!!!

LordDark462

Wanderer
Hrm i just have a a server for me to play on my self but i'll be adding this in to check it out. just the idea of waring a full blaze plate mail suit seams cool.

LordHogFred

Knight
Um I dont suppose it would be possible to release a version that didn't have the new ores in would it? I love the idea of new wood but the new ores just don't fit in with my shard.
I would be so greatful if it would be possible.

Chz :),

daat99

Staff member
Actually there's a version only with the woods, just download it from the script submission forum.
look for post "custom wood" you should find it relativly easy that's the 1 I used after a little modding to fit 120 skill cap. :)

Eowyn

Wanderer
Errors

I thought I edited as instructed by Daat and after installing the custom craftables I got these errors. I am new to this so please be gentle. :)
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (7 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\Items\Armor\BaseArmor.cs: CS0246: (line 473, column 25) The ty
pe or namespace name 'DefTailoring' could not be found (are you missing a using
directive or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Engines\BulkOrders\SmallTailorBOD.cs: CS0246: (line 286, colum
n 26) The type or namespace name 'DefTailoring' could not be found (are you miss
ing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Engines\Craft\Core\Repair.cs: CS0246: (line 41, column 27) The
type or namespace name 'DefTinkering' could not be found (are you missing a usi
ng directive or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Items\Clothing\BaseClothing.cs: CS0246: (line 190, column 25)
The type or namespace name 'DefTailoring' could not be found (are you missing a
using directive or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Items\Skill Items\Tools\RunicSewingKit.cs: CS0246: (line 9, co
lumn 56) The type or namespace name 'DefTailoring' could not be found (are you m
issing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Items\Skill Items\Tools\SewingKit.cs: CS0246: (line 9, column
56) The type or namespace name 'DefTailoring' could not be found (are you missin
g a using directive or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Items\Skill Items\Tools\TinkerTools.cs: CS0246: (line 10, colu
mn 56) The type or namespace name 'DefTinkering' could not be found (are you mis
sing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

I had moved the old DefTinkering distro file but can't figure out how to correct these .. please help. Also, before I took my server down to test it out I couldn't get pass verifying account :(

Eowyn

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
you moved it?

It needs to be out of the scripts folder.
Also, it needs to be Replaced with the new one.

daat99

Staff member
- Error: Scripts\Items\Armor\BaseArmor.cs: CS0246: (line 473, column 25) The ty
pe or namespace name 'DefTailoring' could not be found (are you missing a using
directive or an assembly reference?)
That error means you're missing deftailoring.cs file
Since I don't have deftailoring.cs file in this pack you shouldn't have removed the original.
Copy back the DefTailoring.cs from the backup I hope you made (I just said it like XXX times) and it should compile without errors

Eowyn

Wanderer
Guadah said:
Custom Woods Link

Updated with 120 and 140 Powerscroll Caps

Guadah,

If I download your link is there any modifications I should make ?

Daat,

Yes, I always rename orginals and relocate them to another file outside of program files. heheh I am somewhat organized.

Note: this was dumb on my part but I figured out after my first post of errors that I didn't unzip the 2nd part of the file and now that I have it fixed some errors but gave me others to work on. :eek:

The amazing thing is that I am learning and enjoy looking through the scripts and making edits and such. As far as scripting for myself all I can say is and I quote, "In due time my pretty, in due time".

Thanks to everyone who responded !

Eowyn, (aka Ilivarra)

P.s. If anyone is interested in seeing some screenshots of my shard please visit my website at http://freewebs.com/constellationofvirtues/index.htm and click on the link that says about the shard.

Guadah

Wanderer
With all of my scripts I label the area's for Modification with

// Guadah - New Woods

Just find those area's, and paste them onto your Custom Scripts.

Eowyn

Wanderer
Guadah said:
With all of my scripts I label the area's for Modification with

// Guadah - New Woods

Just find those area's, and paste them onto your Custom Scripts.

Thank you Guadah I really appreciate this!! :D
Just to let all the scripters know is that I sincerely appreciate your devoted time and efforts as well as your submissions to help the new shard owners who have no scripting knowledge and do not have advanced computer training. You're efforts will not go unnoticed by me.

I will report back with any server script errors I receive as always ;)

Eowyn (aka Ilivarra)

daat99

Staff member
I just figured out today (it's yesterday already almost 3am over here) that you need over 100 lumberjacking to get the custom woods and the mad crafter npc doesn't give lumberjacking ps.
Well I could just added it to him (which I did at first) but then I stopped and thinked about it for a bit and realised I don't realy like the way it worked so....
I made a new script :)

I'm adding here a script called "Master of The Arts", I used only runuo distro scripts and some tech support from runuo script support forum so I can proudly say that it's my first Original NO copy/paste (except de/serializasion) script (and it's kinda big, 12k...)

So, you asking what this script does ???
It talks a bit, play different sound for each talk, he have 3 weapon abilities to use, he ride a "Mule".

Now you probably want to know what it does when it die???
I give 2 ps to players that killed it in the same way barracoon or rikktor give ps to the players, yes in the backpack :) (took me more then 4 hours just to figure out how to do it), It just get off the "Mule" and let the players tame it.

The "Mule" is basically a beatle that was tweaked a bit and made look like skeletal mount.

I'll uploade the new pack version shortly and I'll add here the files.

If you installed 0.01 then you need to download only "Custom Wood and Ores for distro daat99 v0.02 1of2.zip".

P.S.
Thanx Guadah for your lovely custom woods :)

edit: removed attachments to lower the forum traffic.

Guadah

Wanderer
I'm just glad somebody likes them.

Im working on Adjusting the Bod system to include Fletching and Carpentry with those woods. I'll prolly add it to the package as an extention/addon when im finnished.

telekea

Wanderer
You forgot to supply the modified BaseCreature.cs file with your distro.

If you plan on getting the new dragon scales, Copper, Silver, and Gold from dragons or whatever you are going to need to have this modified Base Creature for when you go to carve for scales.

DebbieDoo

Sorceror
Ok I am a BIG newbie to servers and scripting. I was just looking for exactly this before Christmas, come back from out of town and here it is!!! Thank you so much!!!! Cant wait to go try it all out.

daat99

Staff member
telekea wrote:
If you plan on getting the new dragon scales, Copper, Silver, and Gold from dragons or whatever you are going to need to have this modified Base Creature for when you go to carve for scales.

Well I have no idea how to do that :( if I could find a way I'll add it to the pack at a later version.

I couldn't see any guide on custom scales anywhere so I can't see how it's done :(

DebbieDoo wrote:
Ok I am a BIG newbie to servers and scripting. I was just looking for exactly this before Christmas, come back from out of town and here it is!!! Thank you so much!!!! Cant wait to go try it all out.
I'm glad you like it :)

daat99

Staff member
Ok I THINK I figured out how to add the custom scales to the monsters.
I added a filed to modified folder called: BaseCreature.cs and I modified OreInfo.cs a bit to use different hues (the gold, copper and yellow scales looked too much alike to my taste).

If you have v0.01 please redownload both links (will be up shortly)
If you have v0.02 you need to place the 2 files in the zip inside the modified folder.

edit: removed attachments to lower the forum traffic.