RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom woods and ores for distro pack including custom craftables

telekea

Wanderer
I know how to edit the basecreature.cs for the scales but looks like you beat me to that.

The only other problems with this are powerscrolls for certain skills. Lumberjacking ecspecially.

At GM Lumberjacking you have 100 percent chance of harvesting wood, so therefore you will no longer gain. You will not normally be able to gain past 100 skill so therefore having 120 Lumberjacking powerscroll is useless, unless you rescript the way the skill gain system works for lumberjacking.

Also anything over 120 can not be gained in ANY skill, having a 140 PS is also useless since the RunUO core will not allow you to gain anything over 120, unless you modify the core.

Great scripts, but when it comes to the math part of it, that just does not work.

daat99

Staff member
telekea wrote
At GM Lumberjacking you have 100 percent chance of harvesting wood, so therefore you will no longer gain. You will not normally be able to gain past 100 skill so therefore having 120 Lumberjacking powerscroll is useless, unless you rescript the way the skill gain system works for lumberjacking.
Since you know so much why don't you contribute something to my package I said I'm learning it so teach me please, how to I modify it to gain to 120 ?

P.S.
telekea also wrote
Also anything over 120 can not be gained in ANY skill, having a 140 PS is also useless since the RunUO core will not allow you to gain anything over 120, unless you modify the core.
I don't support 140 skill cap, only 120, if you want to talk about 140 cap please open new thread ty.

daat99

Staff member
I'm releasing a 0.4 hotfix to lower the lumberjacking requirment to 100.
It looks like players can't gain above 100 even with ps and untill I'll find a way to do that I lowered it and removed the lumberjacking ps from the master of the arts npc.
If you have v 0.3 download this 2 files
If you have earlier version I'll upload the full pack shortly.

edit: removed attachments to lower traffic on forums

telekea

Wanderer
I'm sorry if I offended you, I am just trying to guide you along, I've been scripting for 2 years now.

I think the 120 skill cap for Lumberjacking is a Core issue, and would need changes to the RunUO core which is not allowed. The fix you have made for changing woods to 100 would be the same thing I would have done, so you are on the ball.

I tried adding gloves that offer a +20 skill bonus but still unable to get the higher end woods because its checking for your raw skill somewhere.

So finding a way to gain over 100 in LJ is going to need a core alteration which if you distribute that would probably get you banned.

As for 140 cap - I must have read that somewhere else in the thread, so ignore that statement.

I'd be happy to support your script and offer advice, I was not trying to rattle your chain.

daat99

Staff member
telekea wrote:
I'm sorry if I offended you, I am just trying to guide you along, I've been scripting for 2 years now.
I accept your apology, like I stated so many times I'm realy new to c# scripting and I need all the help I can get to learn how to do stuff.

It's realy hard to for me to learn how to script especially where a lot of the answers I get or read from other peoples posts that have same problems I do contain words in English I'm not fully understand :(

I'll apretiate any and all help/advice/bug reports on this script and any other script I posted.

I certainly don't feel up to going to check what's going on with the core of runuo even if it was ok from the devs. I'm having enough troubles trying to write the "mods" I do tweaking the core will be impossible at my knowladge level so it's definatly out of question.

I realy liked the idea of 120 lumberjacking but it looks like I'll need to give it up :(
I still wasn't able to pass the wood name to carpentry or the stone name to masonry and if anyone that read this can guide me through it it'll be great :)

I tried to do this and posted some questions in the script support forum but I ran into so many errors so I rolled back as fast as I could :(

L

Loverboy

just a quick question how do I increase the fequency of elemental spawns?

(im not sure if its related to this script

telekea

Wanderer
daat99 said:
>I realy liked the idea of 120 lumberjacking but it looks like I'll need to give it up :(

If I can find a way around the 120 problem Ill let you know.

>I still wasn't able to pass the wood name to carpentry or the stone name to >masonry and if anyone that read this can guide me through it it'll be great :)

I may be able to fix this, I know I had a fix for it back in beta 36 of RunUO using another system. If I get it fixed I'll pass it along for you to include in this package.

daat99

Staff member
telekea wrote about the wood and stone names:
I may be able to fix this, I know I had a fix for it back in beta 36 of RunUO using another system. If I get it fixed I'll pass it along for you to include in this package.
I'll apretiate any help on this matter, I managed to get the wood/ore names to weapon but not to furniture :(

Loverboy wrote:
just a quick question how do I increase the fequency of elemental spawns?
just do [props on the spawner, it's a general runuo question btw, not related to any script in particular

LordDark462

Wanderer
Ok I got the script implimented and made my self some blaze and ice plate male and why the heck is there like an orra around me in my paper doll any clue how to get rid of it its extreamly ugly.

daat99

Staff member
I have absolutly no idea what you talking about :(
I'm using 3d myself so I can't realy check how it look in 2d.
In any case the ore script is the normal ore script that roam around the forums, nothing special. all credits for it need to go to the 1 who wrote it and I have absolutly no idea who it was :(
However it's most likely the colors of the ore that add the "aura" try to change the color in OreInfo.cs and see if it fix your problem.

this lines control the hues among others:
Code:
new CraftResourceInfo( 1161,	0,"Blaze",	 CraftAttributeInfo.Blaze, CraftResource.Blaze, peof( BlazeIngot ), typeof( BlazeOre ), typeof( BlazeGranite ) ), 
new CraftResourceInfo( 1152,	0, "Ice", CraftAttributeInfo.Ice, CraftResource.Ice, typeof( IceIngot ), typeof( IceOre ), typeof( IceGranite ) ),
new CraftResourceInfo( 1272,	0, "Toxic", CraftAttributeInfo.Toxic, CraftResource.Toxic, typeof( ToxicIngot ), typeof( ToxicOre ), typeof( ToxicGranite ) ),
new CraftResourceInfo( 1278,	0, "Electrum", CraftAttributeInfo.Electrum, CraftResource.Electrum, typeof( ElectrumIngot ), typeof( ElectrumOre ), typeof( ElectrumGranite ) ),
new CraftResourceInfo( 1153,	0, "Platinum", CraftAttributeInfo.Platinum, CraftResource.Platinum, typeof( PlatinumIngot ), typeof( PlatinumOre ), typeof( PlatinumGranite ) ),
and this is the hues:

change them to your liking, I hope that helps :)

LordDark462

Wanderer
This is what i mean:

see the glow around my head?

telekea

Wanderer
This glow occurs because a hue is used that does not have a dark or transparency in the hue. If you noticed the OSI hues for their armors have the first few blocks black or transparent to prevent this glow (where the bone armor and other graphics reside) Using a hue that is solid will fill in all that empty space.

daat99

Staff member
LordDark462
ok so we know what it is now how do we stop it?
check my previus post and change the hues to something else, if you choose 1 of the normal hues it'll stop the glow.

telekea

Wanderer
There is now a bug in the Lumberjacking skill since installing this script.

It seems anyone with only 5-10 LJ has a 100 percent chance of getting logs.

Whats bad about this, you will not gain LJ anymore.

None of my players are able to gain in lumberjacking because there seems to be a 100 percent chance of getting wood. Somewhere you did not do the math correctly. I will try to fix this up.

telekea

Wanderer
FIXED LUMBERJACKING.CS

The lumberjacking.cs included in this distro, the person who scripted it obviously did not know what they were doing, does not understand math or C#

Basically there was 0 chance of skill gain, with 100 chance of lumber.

on line 77 they had 0 percent chance of skill gain

new HarvestResource( 00.0, 00.0, 00.0, 500498, typeof( Log ) ),

This is how it should look

new HarvestResource( 00.0, 00.0, 100.0, 500498, typeof( Log ) ),

I am including modified Lumberjacking.cs with respective gain chance for the different logs.

Attachments

• Lumberjacking.cs
    6.6 KB · Views: 23

NIKULIN

Wanderer
Be beter if you add 4-5 cainds of new leathers...

I think this beter

new HarvestResource( 00.0, 00.0, 100.0, 500498, typeof( Log ) ),
new HarvestResource( 09.0, 00.0, 108.0, "You put some Pine logs in your backpack", typeof( PineLog ) ),
new HarvestResource( 18.0, 08.0, 116.0, "You put some Ash logs in your backpack", typeof( AshLog ) ),
new HarvestResource( 27.0, 17.0, 125.0, "You put some Mohogany logs in your backpack", typeof( MohoganyLog ) ),
new HarvestResource( 36.0, 26.0, 133.0, "You put some Yew logs in your backpack", typeof( YewLog ) ),
new HarvestResource( 45.0, 35.0, 141.0, "You put some Oak logs in your backpack", typeof( OakLog ) ),
new HarvestResource( 54.0, 44.0, 149.0, "You put some Zircote logs in your backpack", typeof( ZircoteLog ) ),
new HarvestResource( 63.0, 53.0, 157.0, "You put some Ebony logs in your backpack", typeof( EbonyLog ) ),
new HarvestResource( 72.0, 62.0, 165.0, "You put some Bamboo logs in your backpack", typeof( BambooLog ) ),
new HarvestResource( 81.0, 71.0, 173.0, "You put some Purple Heart logs in your backpack", typeof( PurpleHeartLog ) ),
new HarvestResource( 90.0, 80.0, 181.0, "You put some Redwood logs in your backpack", typeof( RedwoodLog ) ),
new HarvestResource( 99.0, 89.0, 199.0, "You put some Petrified logs in your backpack", typeof( PetrifiedLog ) ),

P.S Sorry for my English.
P.P.S Fantastic scripts...

daat99

Staff member
Sorry for not posting this sooner, my computer crashed on me and I had problems getting it back up.

There are 2 ways to raise lumberjacking above 100 (if you have the ps):
1. Fight monsters while you hold an axe (this is how the core works so you always was able to do this)
2. Lumberjacking some of the higher level woods which I was able to add in thanks to XxSP1DERxX.

For all of those who can't raise lumberjacking skill I suggest to check the scripts on their shards. It works perfectly.

v0.6
03/01/2005 Fixed it so people can raise lumberjacking over 100 (Thanks to XxSp1derxX).
03/01/2005 Readded lumberjacking ps to the Master of the Arts NPC.

I changed 2 files since v0.5 "lumberjacking.cs" and "master of the arts.cs"

NIKULIN

Wanderer
2 daat99
You forgot create some new cainds of bones!... and leathers.
I think there wil be the best harvest and crafting system.