RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum updates

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Forum updates

The RunUO Forum known as “Starbucks” has been removed. With the recent decline in the stock market Starbucks has been forced to close many stores and has revoked our store!

I jest… but at least it starts off light hearted eh?

To assist with the long term goal of making RunUO a development community centered around RunUO and Ultima Online I have decided to remove the Starbucks forum. It’s a sad day I know but it’s become necessary due to the continued way people have treated the site. I thought it would be nice to have a place for users to post useless information and have fun but it over time its degraded into a complete mess and frankly I just can’t take it anymore. If you enjoyed Starbucks then I suggest that you use SoRaged.com Unmoderated Discussion which is our unmoderated forum to continue your discussions or otherwise contribute to this community.

In the next few weeks we will be doing some more changes, posting some new rules and hopefully restoring the glory days for the forums and in general collaboration of RunUO (as well as fixing downloads!!!).

We appreciate your continued support of RunUO and look forward to bringing this community back into perspective.

Tumeski

Sorceror
Well i didn't see that one coming. Its true that Starbucks was a bit... well Starbucks. Its Runuo's choice and well go with it. Personally i think that users need to focus more on the Runuo itself than the starbucks.

Anyway it was fun and now lets get on with the serious business here as it should be...

Admin God

Wanderer
This was probably expected by Ryan and Jeff as well then...

So long to everyone. I'll be leaving as well (although I'm sure I'll still lurk in the shadows from time to time). I haven't played UO in years, free time to work on scripts is minimal at best, and I haven't really added anything other than ramblings of a madman to this community. Doesn't hurt that I have my own projects and goals that need my attention. It seems as though the numbers of this community have been dwindling as UO continues to age and only the die hard fans of it remain enthusiastic about projects like this. I realize that the mods are trying their hardest to revive the community (kudos to Jeff on the scripting contest idea), and that something needed to be done with Starbucks to restore focus to the goals of the community. As this was my outlet for socialization with other computer minded people, I regret seeing it completely removed as I think this will alienate some of the senior members of this community from rejoining the scripting side of things. Either way though, I hope to see a nice rebound to the project. Best wishes to all.

~Admin God

Macil

Sorceror
Hrmmm. Crap, you mean we have to post meaningful things now? :)

I've had fun in Starbucks over the years, but I agree most of it was a waste of bandwidth for lack of a better term. Doesn't RunUO have an IRC chat or something people could use instead? (I don't really keep too up to date on these things, so sorry if this question is common knowledge)

mordero

Knight
Macil;770508 said:

I've had fun in Starbucks over the years, but I agree most of it was a waste of bandwidth for lack of a better term. Doesn't RunUO have an IRC chat or something people could use instead? (I don't really keep too up to date on these things, so sorry if this question is common knowledge)

Yep :)

irc.runuo.com

Tru

Knight
Wow...

I'm glad this community will be more focused on RunUO.

Thanks to the whole Dev Team for your continued support!!

I will be upping my participation from this point forward to help the community grow. I started keeping away a bit because of the problem we were having not that I didn't want to help out other users who were here for uo emulation but every time I browsed around on here I would see something that caused me irritation and figured I would rather avoid seeing those posts rather than reply to them and keep the fire burning.

skull77

Wanderer
Starbucks is gone? Rep is gone? No reason for me to come here and waste any more of my time.

P.S. fuck soraged.

Macil;770508 said:

While a lot of the talk that goes on in #runuo is off topic, and that's fine and dandy, but having it flooded with nothing but starbucks type nonsense would be harmful, and decrease the possibilities of people who join the channel looking for help, to be heard over the noise of said nonsense.

Again, not saying that off topicness is bad or anything, but I'd hate for the channel to be taken over by the likes of Twice/Kitchen and J Mann.

Vorspire

Knight
I love this decision, I was extremely delighted to see that rep and starbucks was removed, you finally decided to "take out the trash" and of course, the pieces that fell out the garbage can are leaving too.

I applaud the decision and will now not be distracted by StarBucks while I am trying to help this community... If anything, it will make my will to help that much stronger.

Thank you or making the right move, I'm sure the removal of StarBucks will also have a great impact on the web server's data transfer and space that can be better used for the more important forums here.

Regards,
Vorspire

Hammerhand

Knight
Starbucks WAS getting a bit "stale", so now the hole its being removed has created should allow some fresh air in. I'll miss the unmoderated part, but not the flames. Some posts were funny, some were thought provoking and some were just plain weird.. But lately, too many of them have just been lame and several just hurtful. R.I.P Starbucks
If some leave just because its gone.. *waves goodbye*. Most will probably stay and enjoy the fresh clean scent of the New & Improved RunUO Forums ( that sounds corny I know, but hey... I've been up since yesterday).
I wont be going to SoRaged, it isnt my kind of place. To me its a biker bar and I'm a skinny guy. :D
Karma gone, no biggie in my book. Couldnt buy anything with it, it wasnt edible, it was a lousy conversationalist and way too many were preoccupied with it.
So for those of you that want to leave... *points to the door*.
To Ryan and Crew. Keep up the good work. I would give you a 2 thumbs up, but the button for it fell off a while back and I couldnt get it to go back on. So I guess its gonna have to be a 2 virtual thumbs up.
Ok, I said my piece and its time for me to stop yakking and go to bed.

Vorspire

Knight
Maybe since StarBucks is gone, we can have rep back, because 100% of it will be legitimate now.. Just a thought :)

David

Moderate
Honestly I am glad to see it go as well. It was fun and all but it was also a distraction to the purpose at hand and it had a way of regurgitating a cesspool feel that made this community seem very very unprofessional.

I applaud the changes.