RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum updates

oiii88;770588 said:
Seeing as a lot of comment are people will miss tech based discussions. Would it be possible for a section to be made that would cover these areas? IE Poster A is looking to buy system and wants opinions, Or needs help trouble shooting graphics issues etc.

Yeah that might be good, theres already a subforum for on-topic-but-non-runuo-related programming why not have one for hardware too.

Alex21

Sorceror
oiii88;770588 said:
Seeing as a lot of comment are people will miss tech based discussions. Would it be possible for a section to be made that would cover these areas? IE Poster A is looking to buy system and wants opinions, Or needs help trouble shooting graphics issues etc.

General Discussion? Only difference from it and Starbucks is it is moderated so watch what you say.

Radwen

Wanderer
Alex21;770600 said:
General Discussion? Only difference from it and Starbucks is it is moderated so watch what you say.
General Discussion said:
General discussion for the RunUO community, all off-topic posts will be deleted. This forum is NOT FOR SUPPORT!
It's for general discussion about runUO.

oiii88

Sorceror
Alex21;770600 said:

I understand there is the area General Discussion. My point was made simply because most people dont look past the forum header. So if there was a area labled as " Tech Chat" <yes I know it sounds lame but Im tired :p> or something else then the topics might stay in the correct areas.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
along the lines of what people are saying here....a good place for off-topic stuff but keeping it on-topic and community friendly would be nice....we have made friends here and it's hard to keep in touch and talk about stuff with those friends when it always has to be about scripts or server/script issues....

that's what starbucks was....long time ago

i think maybe in the future when the board has cleaned up a little and the community is "mature?" enough to handle something as open as that again, it would be nice to see a return in some way....but the starbuck forum was pretty far down the hill

if anything there are other sites you can go to to post that kind of questioning...."is this CPU good?" go to this site to check it....but i know that i hang out here alot and trust alot of the opinions of this board due to having been around for a long time and knowing alot....so i would alot of the time post a question on somehting for opinions....and it would be in starbucks since that was the off-topic banter board....it was sad when i noticed how it was getting over-run by flamming and hi-jacking

like i said....maybe in the future....but it should prolly wait awhile

Ravenal

Knight
I am glad the RunUO Team has been putting into thoughts and considerations about RunUO's Reputation among the community. I am happy to say that I will continue to support the decision RunUO as long as it is directed to a good solid community, which therefore your decision has brought me to once again enjoy RunUO as I used to in the 03-04'

Vorspire

Knight
oiii88;770588 said:

That's what the microsoft help and support centre is for tbh.

Lokai;770627 said:
I am glad to see Starbucks go. 95% of it was seriously questionable content.

There is another outlet for off-topic banter here still (unless I am mistaken)...

Social Groups, e.g. http://www.runuo.com/forums/groups/starbucks-addicts.html

Well I'll have to admit I was a Starbucks Addict...:p Yes some user abused this area of the forum, but it was unmoderated *to a extent* and made clear before people entered that area....I think it was a outlet for people to just discuss rants, etc...I personally hate to see it go, but I do understand the reason....There are bad apples in every cart, but it spoils it for everyone...I just hope "some" of the abusers don't take it in other areas of the Runuo forum....Most kept it on Starbucks, now imo the mods will have to keep a closer eye on all topics in case someone decides to rant and rave on other topics...:(

Thanks for the link Lokai....;)

Admin God

Wanderer
Lokai;770627 said:
I am glad to see Starbucks go. 95% of it was seriously questionable content.

There is another outlet for off-topic banter here still (unless I am mistaken)...

Social Groups, e.g. http://www.runuo.com/forums/groups/starbucks-addicts.html

I started the group just for fun, but I don't think that the mods here want to shift starbucks from one area to another so I imagine that this will probably be removed as well. However, if they decide to leave it, keep in mind that I'll probably moderate it in such a fashion as to make it a more serious discussion area rather than the random comments that are on there now. :-\

Amy-

Sorceror
I don't see the problem in people posting in groups like that. The most annoying thing about starbucks for me was clicking "View new posts" and having to click through page upon page of "omg I'm so kewl" topics.
Acting "starbucks" in a group like that isn't as obtrusive as the starbucks subforum was also helps make the forums look more professional.

Lokai

Knight
Amy-;770661 said:
I don't see the problem in people posting in groups like that. The most annoying thing about starbucks for me was clicking "View new posts" and having to click through page upon page of "omg I'm so kewl" topics.
Acting "starbucks" in a group like that isn't as obtrusive as the starbucks subforum was also helps make the forums look more professional.

I agree.

Here is an example of wise use of the Social Groups.... :D

http://www.runuo.com/forums/groups/ultima-online-addicts-anonymous.html#gmessage146

Pyro-Tech

Knight
i like the social group thing...i had made one for people on here that join my shard....i haven't really looked into them though

heh, we already had a good place for unmod conent and didn't know it lol :p

Joeku

Lord
oiii88;770588 said:
qft .

You know for a while, I think I lost site of the fact that RunUO had anything to do with being an emulator, and maybe that's because support has stopped for an already dead game, but that's not the point.

Giving opinions on decisions already made is like...you know I can't think of anything, but it doesn't help, so I won't do it.