RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FS Animal Taming Systems

stormwolff

Knight
Scripture said:
Well, normally you get a bod from a NPC by selling them something, but for some reason no matter what I try to sell the animal trainer, it's not interested. So is there something specifically I should be looking to sell to them to obtain the bods?

Ive always used the bod option in the vendor menu.

Scripture said:
Also, I didn't notice this untill now, but when i tell my horse to attack another horse, the opposing horse changes color a little bit (this only applys to the tannish horses).

Never noticed that before.

Scripture

Wanderer
Well there's a Bulk Order Info selection after single clicking the trainer, but once you select that, it simply tells you "You can get an order now", and nothing more then that. Is there something thats not enabled that I should know of?

P.S. Yes, i do have the taming folder in the Bulk Orders directory like told.

stormwolff

Knight
Scripture said:
Well there's a Bulk Order Info selection after single clicking the trainer, but once you select that, it simply tells you "You can get an order now", and nothing more then that. Is there something thats not enabled that I should know of?

Sorry no idea what could be wrong with yours.

Arvoreen

Sorceror
Scripture said:

What does the CreateBulkOrder method in your AnimalTrainer.cs look like?

Arcanagirl

Wanderer
Ok..I installed both Daats99 Owl script and this one with a success after many moding and merging. Now there is an issue I been having. For some odd reason anytime I load my server with no mobiles it goes fine. But when I save and restart it asks to remove 1 mobile..so I say yes to remove and shard shuts down..apon restart it asks for another mobile to be removed. The only way to keep my shard up is to keep removing mobiles or just removing entire mobile file in the saves. I have no idea whats wrong with it. It has no errors on compile..it just asks to remove a mobile when it starts to load the world.

Any ideas for me?

Edit: Note: I just noticed something about the asking to remove certain mobles. It asks to remove any mobile on shard... and also mobiles listed in animal trainer...I am woundering if it is the animal trainer that is causing these delete mobile on restart. Cause I nuked my test server and all that are on shard is what I added for testing which was evos..and the animal trainer. and it asks to remove animals like packhorse and rats which are n the trainer. just a thought maybe, but I am still confused why this is happening.

Greystar

Wanderer
Arcanagirl said:
Ok..I installed both Daats99 Owl script and this one with a success after many moding and merging. Now there is an issue I been having. For some odd reason anytime I load my server with no mobiles it goes fine. But when I save and restart it asks to remove 1 mobile..so I say yes to remove and shard shuts down..apon restart it asks for another mobile to be removed. The only way to keep my shard up is to keep removing mobiles or just removing entire mobile file in the saves. I have no idea whats wrong with it. It has no errors on compile..it just asks to remove a mobile when it starts to load the world.

Any ideas for me?

Edit: Note: I just noticed something about the asking to remove certain mobles. It asks to remove any mobile on shard... and also mobiles listed in animal trainer...I am woundering if it is the animal trainer that is causing these delete mobile on restart. Cause I nuked my test server and all that are on shard is what I added for testing which was evos..and the animal trainer. and it asks to remove animals like packhorse and rats which are n the trainer. just a thought maybe, but I am still confused why this is happening.

It'll ask for other things too i've had it ask to delete trolls and some others as well. I do however believe it has to do with this system and something with how serialization is or isn't done somewhere all the time but for the life of me I CANT find the spot. IF I ever find the spot I'll post a fix for it but it didnt happen before I added this and now it does. It only asks me at the most to remove 2-3 mobiles sometimes but rarely 4 and never anything I'd worry about a player missing. If it started deleting players mounts I'd worry but it hasnt yet.

Arcanagirl

Wanderer
So far it wants me to remove all mobiles..I am working it out now and I had someone join mytest shard to make sure the evos worked on breeding ok. and it is running through all evos and everything. I just nuked my Evo pixies.

The error does point to bad Serealize from server.mobile.(Name of script)

so something is up and it didnt appear till I added in the final part of base creature and animal trainer from daats and fs together merged...

Hellsbane

Wanderer
Greystar said:
It'll ask for other things too i've had it ask to delete trolls and some others as well. I do however believe it has to do with this system and something with how serialization is or isn't done somewhere all the time but for the life of me I CANT find the spot. IF I ever find the spot I'll post a fix for it but it didnt happen before I added this and now it does. It only asks me at the most to remove 2-3 mobiles sometimes but rarely 4 and never anything I'd worry about a player missing. If it started deleting players mounts I'd worry but it hasnt yet.

I'm helping her test out new things on her shard. Problem is. It is asking to delete the new evos and other player pet types. This isn't looking good. :( I hope these issues can be resolved, i like the new evos.

Greystar

Wanderer
Arcanagirl said:
So far it wants me to remove all mobiles..I am working it out now and I had someone join mytest shard to make sure the evos worked on breeding ok. and it is running through all evos and everything. I just nuked my Evo pixies.

The error does point to bad Serealize from server.mobile.(Name of script)

so something is up and it didnt appear till I added in the final part of base creature and animal trainer from daats and fs together merged...

yah it is basecreature related that much i've hashed out and I used to have daats system and this one and now I just have this one so i know its directly related to this. but im pretty sure its serializtion it the only thing i can think of that would forcefully want a mobile (or item for that matter) deleted. Your problem seems to be a bit more troublesome then mine is but I dont use the evo creatures, i have the bio pets available but no one has found em yet. Anyway as I said when I find the problem ill post a fix, if someone else finds it first or RoninGT finally comes back to the forums with a potential fix well then the issue will be solved.

Arcanagirl

Wanderer
well this problem from my point of view seems to be with the merging of both daats and fs. I also noticed that when I had only fs taming on my shard it was fine, but when I started adding in daats to it..Mainly around the time I was modding the basecreature script it started to mess up. But I noticed just now when Hellsbane and I logged back in after removing mobiles.its only items the animal trainer has...he put on all his evos. Plus she has sellable pets. Only the server removed those mobiles...cause there are 56 mobiles on my shard now..but I cant directly say it is the trainer cause before that it removed all my shop vendors like the blacksmith and such. I would agree with the basecreature.cs being the probable cause. I am about to check it out, so if it happens to be the cause I will post any fixes I get also. I think if Daat helped Ronin with this, they should have made bother their scripts mergable by making sep scritps for shards that dont want the other things. and then make a merger script with all files together and merged nicely. But then again I am asking too much for both of them to just do that for everyone cause it is a hassle to script over and over. If I can get this working I will post both fs and Daats merged products so this wont happen again.

well this problem from my point of view seems to be with the merging of both daats and fs. I also noticed that when I had only fs taming on my shard it was fine, but when I started adding in daats to it..Mainly around the time I was modding the basecreature script it started to mess up. But I noticed just now when Hellsbane and I logged back in after removing mobiles.its only items the animal trainer has...he put on all his evos. Plus she has sellable pets. Only the server removed those mobiles...cause there are 56 mobiles on my shard now..but I cant directly say it is the trainer cause before that it removed all my shop vendors like the blacksmith and such. I would agree with the basecreature.cs being the probable cause. I am about to check it out, so if it happens to be the cause I will post any fixes I get also. I think if Daat helped Ronin with this, they should have made bother their scripts mergable by making sep scritps for shards that dont want the other things. and then make a merger script with all files together and merged nicely. But then again I am asking too much for both of them to just do that for everyone cause it is a hassle to script over and over. If I can get this working I will post both fs and Daats merged products so this wont happen again.
When you merged two scripts you made an error when editing either the serialization or deserialization parts of the script. That is what causes deletions. If it isn't fixed right it will delete over and over again.

Dave1969

Wanderer
Pets can be duped while handing in claim ticket to the breeder.

Guy on my shard had no money in his bank and when he was handing the ticket to the breeder it stabled his 1st gen. pet and put the ticket back in his pack. He attempted 7 more times not realizing the gold needed to be in the bank and every time he tried giving the breeder the ticket it duped his 1st gen. pet in the stable. He ended up with 7 duped
1st gen. pets. Any way to fix this?

Arcanagirl

Wanderer
but finding the source is becoming a hassle. I only get the error for mobiles and I havent messed with serealize or deserealize..So I am at a loss on this. I am still looking and messing with it, but so far I dont see where the point of problem starts at. I wish there was a easier way to merge these 2 scripts without this issue. I see many shards that have one or the other and sometimes both, but the shard I work for he went to these shards and asked and they ban him for asking. I am also having a problem with evos being mountable.

Has anyone made evos in fs taming style that keep to their itemid form when riding rather then evolve into a new bodyvalue but keep itemid from original form?

I messed with the scripts for hours and if it didnt error, then it compiled but had no effect. I am trying to make custom evos like ridable hiryus, nightmares, wolfs, Dragon dogs, etc.. But it looks really stupid if you mount a fully evolves evo and it looks like your riding the baby form.

I will keep checking on this merge deletion error, but the evo mountable issue doesnt seem to be any luck with me. so if anyone has a evo nightmare script that uses Fs Taming system evo scripting style please post if possible.

Arcanagirl

Wanderer
Sorry for the double post, but I solved the problem on my end. and since all those who had this same issue where your mobiles were asked to be removed one at a time on shard open or restart. Here is why!

1.The maker of this forgot one tiny, yet huge thing called runuo is picky as hell and you cant just go around makings things without making sure they are right.

Its called: Example below...remember the in reds.

Also note when I changed these files to what every npc mobile had glitch ended.

public override void Serialize(GenericWriter writer)
{
base.Serialize( writer );

writer.Write( (int) 0 );
}

public override void Deserialize(GenericReader reader)
{
base.Deserialize( reader );

int version = reader.ReadInt();
}

2.The maker decided to do this for all npcs and items for fs. this could explain crashes or deletions of items/mobiles for all shards. Including all BODS and etc..

Here is what he had down for all scripts..Yeah I mean all his scripts...Took me time to go through them all.

public override void Serialize( GenericWriter writer )
{
base.Serialize( writer );

writer.Write( (int) 0 );
}

public override void Deserialize( GenericReader reader )
{
base.Deserialize( reader );

int version = reader.ReadInt();
}

Notice the spaces differance? I noticed this while looking in AnimalTrainer.cs and overviewing my evopixie.cs. and I noticed this. When I set the animaltrainer to remove the spaces before Genericwriter and Genericread plus after. The remove mobiles problem never popped up. Also make sure that all scripts for Serealize and Deserealize look like the blue parts.

For everyone downloading FStaming system. Make sure the fstaming scripts items and mobiles, even gumps do not have spaces for serealize and deserealize...Only change the red parts and take out the spaces within the ().

This should remove your problems for item/mobiles delete due to bad serealize. :)

Gald I fixed this cause I am sure it is driving everyone up the wall!

If Ronin comes back he should fix this in a new update. so everyone can have this fixed on any new updates.

*Wee I am getting better at this scripting stuff. Now to make evo mounts take on the itemID of the form they evolve to...Still no luck on that for me.*

stormwolff

Knight
Dave1969 said:
Guy on my shard had no money in his bank and when he was handing the ticket to the breeder it stabled his 1st gen. pet and put the ticket back in his pack. He attempted 7 more times not realizing the gold needed to be in the bank and every time he tried giving the breeder the ticket it duped his 1st gen. pet in the stable. He ended up with 7 duped
1st gen. pets. Any way to fix this?

Changing the way it collects the gold perhaps or just having it look for 0 gold.

Scripture

Wanderer
Arvoreen said:
What does the CreateBulkOrder method in your AnimalTrainer.cs look like?

I'm not currently at my computer with the scripts, but it's whatever it's defaulted at from what Ronin posted, but i'm guessing that your really not wanting me to post it, but rather telling me thats where I need to look in order to figure out what he'll buy.

EDIT: It seemed to of removed all the pictures for each of the animals on the animal tamers buy list, is this normal? Or is there a way to correct this?

Scripture

Wanderer
Arcanagirl said:
Sorry for the double post, but I solved the problem on my end. and since all those who had this same issue where your mobiles were asked to be removed one at a time on shard open or restart. Here is why!

1.The maker of this forgot one tiny, yet huge thing called runuo is picky as hell and you cant just go around makings things without making sure they are right.

Its called: Example below...remember the in reds.

Also note when I changed these files to what every npc mobile had glitch ended.

2.The maker decided to do this for all npcs and items for fs. this could explain crashes or deletions of items/mobiles for all shards. Including all BODS and etc..

Here is what he had down for all scripts..Yeah I mean all his scripts...Took me time to go through them all.

Notice the spaces differance? I noticed this while looking in AnimalTrainer.cs and overviewing my evopixie.cs. and I noticed this. When I set the animaltrainer to remove the spaces before Genericwriter and Genericread plus after. The remove mobiles problem never popped up. Also make sure that all scripts for Serealize and Deserealize look like the blue parts.

For everyone downloading FStaming system. Make sure the fstaming scripts items and mobiles, even gumps do not have spaces for serealize and deserealize...Only change the red parts and take out the spaces within the ().

This should remove your problems for item/mobiles delete due to bad serealize. :)

Gald I fixed this cause I am sure it is driving everyone up the wall!

If Ronin comes back he should fix this in a new update. so everyone can have this fixed on any new updates.

*Wee I am getting better at this scripting stuff. Now to make evo mounts take on the itemID of the form they evolve to...Still no luck on that for me.*

Is this a fix for just the merging of Daats script and this one? And I thought that the amount of spaces had no effect on how the script compiles (between parenthesis at least)

Arvoreen

Sorceror
Scripture said:
Is this a fix for just the merging of Daats script and this one? And I thought that the amount of spaces had no effect on how the script compiles (between parenthesis at least)

I thought the same thing, I've never seen whitespace like that change anything.

Code:
method(var);

method( var );

are the same

Arvoreen

Sorceror
Scripture said:
I'm not currently at my computer with the scripts, but it's whatever it's defaulted at from what Ronin posted, but i'm guessing that your really not wanting me to post it, but rather telling me thats where I need to look in order to figure out what he'll buy.

EDIT: It seemed to of removed all the pictures for each of the animals on the animal tamers buy list, is this normal? Or is there a way to correct this?

I wouldn't mind seeing it :)

Also, if the pictures are missing, are you sure your Data folder in the RunUO folder is correct? I'm pretty sure those pictures come from stuff in there, although I could be wrong (I haven't looked at it in a while).