RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FS Animal Taming Systems

Candle

Sorceror
So far so good.

Yup you put the bulk order file in the right place. Did you back up and replace the animal trainer.cs file as well? Only thing i can think of.

DebbieDoo

Sorceror
Yes, I went through the entire distros folder and romoved the original runuo files leaving the ones for the system in. The instructions were easy to follow. ;) Besides if I hadnt taken out the older ones the server wouldnt compile, right? :eek:

DebbieDoo

Sorceror
Still Lost??? (No BODs)

Ok I fixed it so my evos evolve and work great with this awesome system, although I am still unable to get a bulk order from the animal trainer, and/or turn one into him/her. So Im gonna check into the animal trainer.cs file and see if I missed an edit somewhere? Other then that Im pretty much lost for ideas. Anyone have any please?

Edit:
Ok looking into it a bit more I think my edits in the playermobile.cs may have to do with this problem. I upoaded it here if someone wouldnt mind taking a look at it? Im wondering if I may have done the serialize/ deserialize improperly. Although errors in there would cause the server not to even compile I thought, maybe Im wrong? Ack! Im so confused! lol :eek:

mcifaldi

Wanderer
Animal Tammer Bods

Well Im glad to see that im not alone with the same problem I have Done all that I can do to make this work I would like to have help in resolving this matter also, So if any one has this working Im sure we could all use a little help Thank in advance.....

RoninGT

Sorceror
Ok first let me say that i am sorry for my disapearance ack. I been taking a holiday from scripting and everything involed with it. (Other than my server) However i have updated ATS Code i am going to post and try and answer any questions that have not been.

Greystar, Thank you very much for your help over the past few months. It seems you have been doing 90% of the support over the ATS and much thanks to that. I owe you a HUGE favor so if you need anything let me know.

As far as the update. I have not checked lately but if the upload file size limits are still in place there is no way i will be able to post the update here. If so ill provide a link to the new location.

Again sorry for my absence.

Ronin

P.S. I am doing an overhaul to my website so the Install directions have a new URL. For the time being you can find them at http://www.fallensouls.org/tmp/modules.php?name=Content&pa=list_pages_categories&cid=1

stormwolff

Knight
RoninGT said:
Ok first let me say that i am sorry for my disapearance ack. I been taking a holiday from scripting and everything involed with it. (Other than my server) However i have updated ATS Code i am going to post and try and answer any questions that have not been.

Welcome back, you may want to start a new topic with the new release :) This one tends to be too big for people to read and they seem to repost alot of the same issues.

Anvil

Wanderer
I have a couple questions about this system that hopefully someone can answer for me... I have this system implemented, I just want to make sure I have it setup properly...

1) Should I be spawning both EvilBioEngineer as well as EvilGenetecist?
2) Can someone explain how evo dragons, evo daemons, evo beetles get added into the world? should they be spawned somewhere to be tamed or is there a dragon/daemon that lays an egg from which it hatches?
3) Is there a BOD reward listing anywhere that shows what is given as rewards?
4) I see Snow and Snowpile addons... are they BOD rewards? Same with H itching Post addons, horse barding addons, woodenhorse, organics...
5) What is ice blast used for? Is there an creature that utilizes this in an attack?

Thanks!

Anvil

RoninGT

Sorceror
Anvil said:
I have a couple questions about this system that hopefully someone can answer for me... I have this system implemented, I just want to make sure I have it setup properly...

1) Should I be spawning both EvilBioEngineer as well as EvilGenetecist?
2) Can someone explain how evo dragons, evo daemons, evo beetles get added into the world? should they be spawned somewhere to be tamed or is there a dragon/daemon that lays an egg from which it hatches?
3) Is there a BOD reward listing anywhere that shows what is given as rewards?
4) I see Snow and Snowpile addons... are they BOD rewards? Same with H itching Post addons, horse barding addons, woodenhorse, organics...
5) What is ice blast used for? Is there an creature that utilizes this in an attack?

Thanks!

Anvil

1. Yes if you have bio system enabled. Spawn the Evil Bios and Gens for players can get the Orgaincs for crafting with the bio system

2. You have to spawn them. Evos are tamed with this system.

3. Not at this time. However i am tring for one with my upcoming release.

4. Snow / Snowpile are addons for the bio speical move "Ice blast", Woodenhorse, horse barding are BOD Rewards, and Hitching post is crafting via the systems taming craft.

5. Ice blast is one of the many speical attacks a bioed creature can have/use.

Hope this helps.

Ronin

Anvil

Wanderer
So how are the snow / snowpile addons received in game? Are they purchased from the evil bio engineer / geneticist?

RoninGT

Sorceror
Anvil said:
So how are the snow / snowpile addons received in game? Are they purchased from the evil bio engineer / geneticist?

They are only used for eye candy when the creature uses that speical move. They drop at the creature current combatant and have a timer to remove themselfs after a min or so.

stu said:
are there any known incompatabilities with daats owltr system or should they coexist peacefully?

Once i was told there were some. However if my memory serves me. There is a post here on the boards for a convertion of the 2 systems. Also if you are good and following the installs i hear its no problem but sometimes ppl get confused. Easy to do when editing the playermobile.

Ronin

slayer1ss

Sorceror
havent read all 80 pages( who can?? upss ıts 90 ) so sorry for thıs ıf someone has already ask... ı have a problem wıth my anımalbreeder ıt sometımes doesnt breed anımals ı mean ıf ı wanna mate 2 nıghtmares( mostly happens ın that anımal ) ıt tooks nm's and gıves tıckets but ın tıcket ıts not wrıtıng whıch anımal ıs matıng and when ı try to take my nm's when ıt s tıme ıt doesnt gıves( ı thınk says no anımal to gıve or somethınk lıke that)... so any ıdeas?? :confused:

RoninGT

Sorceror
slayer1ss said:
havent read all 80 pages( who can?? upss ıts 90 ) so sorry for thıs ıf someone has already ask... ı have a problem wıth my anımalbreeder ıt sometımes doesnt breed anımals ı mean ıf ı wanna mate 2 nıghtmares( mostly happens ın that anımal ) ıt tooks nm's and gıves tıckets but ın tıcket ıts not wrıtıng whıch anımal ıs matıng and when ı try to take my nm's when ıt s tıme ıt doesnt gıves( ı thınk says no anımal to gıve or somethınk lıke that)... so any ıdeas?? :confused:

I have not heard this one yet. However i have not read all 90 pages either LOL i been away from the boards for some time. If anyone else knows about this let me know ill try and fix.

Also i have a BOD Chart ready for downloading.
http://www.fallensouls.org/forums/

You can download it from my website.

Ronin

slayer1ss

Sorceror
awsome template for a forum lol :D btw thx for chart ı really needed that and wıll look rıght now... hope you can fınd why ıt happens and can fıx ıt...

Kiki

Wanderer
Armor Rating

I've been testing things, while working on a new shard, and I'm confused. It looks like the level 30 pet mod, Armor Resist, calls on virtual armor. Virtual armor is pre-aos only as far as I can tell. If you are in an AOS shard, whats the point of this, how is it used? Was it designed for a pre-aos shard? or does it do something different if you are aos?

I am running an aos shard, and I don't want my players to think they have this new great way to mod their pets on training to 30 if it doesn't work.. :confused:

Any help with this would be appreciated, Thanks!

Lucifall

Knight
If possible... can you post the tutorial of the instalation again? the "read-me first" doenst work here =\ ty in advance

piratezack

Wanderer
ok, i can NOT get to to work. I am also new to runuo servers. i used to use uox a lot but i am getting away from that old system. first of all, in the docs folder, the README file points to nothing. second, i dont understand the first part and second part of the files. if someone could help me get this installed with my server. also, i have daat's system so i am unsure on if this will screw with his system. any help would be nice!

Sunshine

Wanderer
I was just looking through the scripts but could not find the answer..is there any chance a pet might die while in breeding?

slayer1ss

Sorceror
Sunshine said:
I was just looking through the scripts but could not find the answer..is there any chance a pet might die while in breeding?

yes ı would really lıke to know that too... btw just as ı saıd ıt sometımes takes pets but doesnt wrıte ıt to breedıng deed so when tıme comes you cant claım your next generatıon pet from breeder...