RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(Re-Post) Drake, Polar Bear, and Skeletal Dragon mounts that work with SE!

Tannis

Knight
(Re-Post) Drake, Polar Bear, and Skeletal Dragon mounts that work with ML!

This is a repost of Secmet's "Ridables that work with SE" since his links don't work anymore and he doesn't seem to be around.

Contains:
3 scripts. One for each mount. Tweak as you like, they're fairly weak.

1 Tiledata.mul file. This needs to be patched to your players. If you've got your own modified Tiledata, you will need to incorporate my changes in with yours.

1 MUO file. This also needs to be patched to your players. If you do not know how to get a patch to your players, keep reading.

If you have more mounts you would like added to the patch, I will take suggestions in this thread only! Please don't PM me. I'll ignore you :) Just because you suggest a new mount for the patch doesn't mean I'll add it. If you want to edit these files, go for it. I don't mind a bit. If you do end up editing them, I'll give as much support as I can for them.

Getting a patch to your players

1) Download Rides.zip to your computer.

2) Unzip the contents. The scripts go in whatever folder you'd like, within the Scripts folder of course. RAR Tiledata.mul and anim.muo using WinRAR. If you do not have WinRAR, search Google for it. It's free.

3) Upload the RAR file to whatever type of webspace you use.

4) Go to the UOG site. Log into your shard's settings. There's 8 blank spaces for patch URL's. Enter the URL for your patch into the first slot.

5) Wait 30 minutes, and your players will be able to download the patch.

How to use this if your shard is private or you connect locally

1) Follow steps 1-3 above.

2) Open UOG. Go to the Settings tab for your shards' listing.

3) In the Patch 1 URL slot, enter the URL for the patch. Save Settings.

4) Click your shard and begin download.

Note!
This patch WILL NOT work with a 3D client. As of right now, NO custom art patches will work on 3D. And yes, this does work with ML. I use this patch on my shard and we use the most current patches.

Attachments

• Rides.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 760

WizardingOne

Sorceror
I'd suggest maybe the spider that originally came with it and the ridable wolf from uo pixel. Anyone know if there is more mounts out there? I have looked but havn't found any.

Erica

Knight
Question i got is will this work with the latest patch 5.0.2 cause ever since osi patched from SE to ML the tiledata has changed a lot so curious if it will work with the latest 5.0.2 ..

seanandre

Sorceror
Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but I installed the scripts on my shard, and applied the patches as needed on my client, but in 3D mode every time I mount one of these it shows up as a horse, which isn't really a problem, because I hear this only works in the 2D client, but when I went to the 2D client and mounted these, it showed me floating in the air, not riding anything at all.

Tintamar

Sorceror
This should work with any client as long as your not using an old client and patching a verdata that might override any slot that these are using. These will not work with 3D since 3D client uses different mul files. If you patch these correctly and your still riding on air you did something wrong.

Tannis said:
This is a repost of Secmet's "Ridables that work with SE" since his links don't work anymore and he doesn't seem to be around.

Contains:
3 scripts. One for each mount. Tweak as you like, they're fairly weak.

1 Tiledata.mul file. This needs to be patched to your players. If you've got your own modified Tiledata, you will need to incorporate my changes in with yours.

1 MUO file. This also needs to be patched to your players. If you do not know how to get a patch to your players, keep reading.

If you have more mounts you would like added to the patch, I will take suggestions in this thread only! Please don't PM me. I'll ignore you :) Just because you suggest a new mount for the patch doesn't mean I'll add it. If you want to edit these files, go for it. I don't mind a bit. If you do end up editing them, I'll give as much support as I can for them.

Getting a patch to your players

1) Download Rides.zip to your computer.

2) Unzip the contents. The scripts go in whatever folder you'd like, within the Scripts folder of course. RAR Tiledata.mul and anim.muo using WinRAR. If you do not have WinRAR, search Google for it. It's free.

3) Upload the RAR file to whatever type of webspace you use.

4) Go to the UOG site. Log into your shard's settings. There's 8 blank spaces for patch URL's. Enter the URL for your patch into the first slot.

5) Wait 30 minutes, and your players will be able to download the patch.

How to use this if your shard is private or you connect locally

1) Follow steps 1-3 above.

2) Open UOG. Go to the Settings tab for your shards' listing.

3) In the Patch 1 URL slot, enter the URL for the patch. Save Settings.

4) Click your shard and begin download.

Note!
This patch WILL NOT work with a 3D client. As of right now, NO custom art patches will work on 3D. And yes, this does work with ML. I use this patch on my shard and we use the most current patches.

For doing this, you have become one of my favorite people on these boards. Much love.

I also have a question, if i have an existing tiledata that someone else edited, how would I combine the parts he added with the parts Secmet added? (I've never edited tiledatas so i have no clue lol)

Erica

Knight
seanandre said:
Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but I installed the scripts on my shard, and applied the patches as needed on my client, but in 3D mode every time I mount one of these it shows up as a horse, which isn't really a problem, because I hear this only works in the 2D client, but when I went to the 2D client and mounted these, it showed me floating in the air, not riding anything at all.
you didnt do nothing wrong there is something wrong with it cause ive had polar mounts drake mounts skeletal mount millions of time patched to my shard and know how to do the patches so the script doesnt work so please dont tell me that im doing something wrong cause ive done this millions of times and know how to do patches so seanandre is right they must of put the wrong ones cause i tryed it and you are in mid air .

Erica

Knight
seanandre said:
Thank you Erica, it's nice to see that I'm not going crazy here.
Not a problem theres a few that also talked to me on aim like 6 they tryed it and it doesnt work.

Joeku

Lord
This is awesome!

I recall having a ridable spider (Mephitis) before. Will that be implemented in possible future updates?

Does this patch include SE/ML mounts?

Are you going to be adding more mounts in the future?

Erica

Knight
Erica said:
Not a problem theres a few that also talked to me on aim like 6 they tryed it and it doesnt work.
My bad i was wrong i uploaded the old ones i had that wouldnt support SE And ML very sorry Tannis i just notice and then uploaded the right one rar it uploaded to my website and it does work can see the polar bear and skeletal mount and drake mount as i will say it again im very sorry Tannis i made a mistake and for seanandre maybe its possible you did something wrong if you like im me on aim or msn or icq i can talk to you there you can find my aim or icq or msn on top of my name to the right or even yahoo and help you out if you like. Also Sorry to Tintamar i made mistake.

Tannis

Knight
Joeku said:
This is awesome!

I recall having a ridable spider (Mephitis) before. Will that be implemented in possible future updates?

Does this patch include SE/ML mounts?

Are you going to be adding more mounts in the future?
I might do Meph and a few others, but no there's no SE or ML specific mounts. Is there a point to patching those? Not to sound rude lol, because I know that didn't come out right, but SE/ML mounts can just be scripted in and don't require a patch to be seen.

@Erica

It's alright, everyone makes mistakes :) I did make quadruple sure before I posted it that it is in fact the right one, and that it does definitely work with the latest OSI patch.

@Anti-Basic

So, you're trying to merge my tiledata with another that you've got, or merge mine with Secmet's? Stupid question I know, but the answer matters ;)

Ohmen

Wanderer
i added

i added this but still cant see the rides when i mount them ....im pretty sure i did every thing right ..is this download missing a verdata? or any other files i should be downloading from somewhere else?

Tannis

Knight
Ohmen said:
i added this but still cant see the rides when i mount them ....im pretty sure i did every thing right ..is this download missing a verdata? or any other files i should be downloading from somewhere else?
No, all you need are the files from here. UO doesn't support Verdata any longer, so you don't need one of those either. Make a list of the exact steps you're taking to patch to these files.

Bouder said:
i patch the file when ridding cant see mount

Make a list of the exact steps you're taking to patch these files.

Ohmen

Wanderer
hmm

i download the files and droped the files .muo and tiledata.mul into my UO folder...and then put the mounts in the runuo.....but i cant see them when i mount ...did i do somthing wrong?