RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(Re-Post) Drake, Polar Bear, and Skeletal Dragon mounts that work with SE!

Tannis

Knight
Ohmen said:
i download the files and droped the files .muo and tiledata.mul into my UO folder...and then put the mounts in the runuo.....but i cant see them when i mount ...did i do somthing wrong?
You need to follow the directions in my very first post. It will tell you exactly what to do with the files. And it's not to drop them in the UO folder either ;)

Ohmen

Wanderer
i dont

i dont use uogateway .....use my own client ...and i tshould work the same as patching if i drop them in my folder right? .....well then how would i add them if i dont use uogateway ?

Shadow1980

Wanderer
Ohmen said:
i dont use uogateway .....use my own client ...and i tshould work the same as patching if i drop them in my folder right? .....well then how would i add them if i dont use uogateway ?

You can use UOG To Patch locally without having to add your shard to the server list. I suggest you do this as it is by far the easiest road to choose.

Tannis

Knight
Ohmen said:
You can't use an MUO patch without UOGateway, period. If I made it so UOG didn't have to be used, I would have to host, and you would have to download, a 200+MB file. I don't think anyone would want to, and I don't think I'd want to host something that size :)

zachseitz

Sorceror
Ok, I followed your steps for the local server. I uploaded tiledata.mul and that worked fine. But it does not allow me to upload anim.muo. Why not? Any ideas? Thank you.

Tannis

Knight
zachseitz said:
Ok, I followed your steps for the local server. I uploaded tiledata.mul and that worked fine. But it does not allow me to upload anim.muo. Why not? Any ideas? Thank you.
Where did you upload it to? It might be that the space you're using doesn't support the file type .MUO. You need to RAR the Tiledata and MUO patch together to make one .RAR file. Then, upload that.

Boulder

Sorceror
Ridebal

found out the patch has to be in slot 1.
but i was wordering is i named it like the reg poral bears and replaced that script would it spawn in the same places as regural polars

Tannis

Knight
Boulder said:
found out the patch has to be in slot 1.
but i was wordering is i named it like the reg poral bears and replaced that script would it spawn in the same places as regural polars
That, I don't know. I do know that any polar bear that spawns on your shard will be ridable.

Tannis said:
That, I don't know. I do know that any polar bear that spawns on your shard will be ridable.
wait you mean if he replaced the original polar bear with the ridable script right? thought you could have both if named them different

and yes i meant a merging yours with someone elses tiledata:) not secmets

might i suggest adding sphinxes to the package? there are some others, someone mentioned the spiders, that was good too.

Boulder

Sorceror
rideable

haveing a few players loging in saying all they see is orges not all players
it happen after the patch

Tru

Knight
Boulder said:
haveing a few players loging in saying all they see is orges not all players
it happen after the patch
It worked fine on my test server but on my reg server I was an ogre that only faced forward no matter what way I was walking....moonwalking ogres are cool

Tannis

Knight
Tru said:
It worked fine on my test server but on my reg server I was an ogre that only faced forward no matter what way I was walking....moonwalking ogres are cool
If you or players see Ogres, it's because the patch didn't apply right. UOG will freeze when applying the patch. It needs time to copy your entire 200Mb anim file from your UO folder to your shards folder and apply the patch. Let the program freeze! Don't try to close it out or anything. When it's done patching, the client will come up and you can log in. For anyone who is seeing Ogres, have them reset patches and repatch. Tell them not to touch anything! The players on my shard know that one so well by now, if me or Tintamar aren't on to deal with a patch problem, any one of the vet players can handle it. If you use this patch on a live shard, you'll find yourself saying it a lot too ;)

zachseitz

Sorceror
Tannis said:
Where did you upload it to? It might be that the space you're using doesn't support the file type .MUO. You need to RAR the Tiledata and MUO patch together to make one .RAR file. Then, upload that.
Where exactly do I upload to? I am using a local server. So I would go into settings and into installed files? Cause that doesnt work for me. It wont let me upload a .Rar file there.
**Edit** Heres a good one to make ridable....Dread Horn. You know, the possessed looking unicorn. That would be a good mount.

Tannis

Knight
zachseitz said:
Where exactly do I upload to? I am using a local server. So I would go into settings and into installed files? Cause that doesnt work for me. It wont let me upload a .Rar file there.
**Edit** Heres a good one to make ridable....Dread Horn. You know, the possessed looking unicorn. That would be a good mount.
I tried Dreadhorns. They look terrible! They're too high up, so it looks like you're sitting in it rather than on it. For connecting locally, you would need to upload it to some type of online storage. An FTP if you've got one, or webspace provided by your ISP. There are free ones too, you could search Google for free space.

Tannis

Knight
Make sure that...

1) You don't have the Tiledata and MUO patch in a folder and then in the RAR file.

2) The URL you're putting into UOG is the right one. It needs to include the http:// in there.

3) If you're waiting for UOG to ping because you connect through the public list, that it has pinged you. If you try to connect and it hasn't pinged, it may give that message.

bloodcryer

Sorceror
Still haveing the same problem everything looks right, i tried double clicking the anim.muo but it couldnt patch :shrugs: im really lost on this one

Tannis

Knight
bloodcryer said:
Still haveing the same problem everything looks right, i tried double clicking the anim.muo but it couldnt patch :shrugs: im really lost on this one
There's nothing to double click. Write down exactly what you're doing.