RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(Re-Post) Drake, Polar Bear, and Skeletal Dragon mounts that work with SE!

bloodcryer

Sorceror
OK I downloaded the rar you have provided, unzipped it, took the three rideables put them in my custom's folder. I then used winrar to rar anim.muo and tiledata, put that on a free file site, added the url in patch one for my local server. then i click on my server and it starts the patch dl then stops saying UOG was unable to unrar the file, then says unable to open rar i have winrar and everything

make sure you typed the addy for the patch right. I was getting that error because i wasnt putting the http:// in front of the patch address. Hope this helps.

zachseitz

Sorceror
Tannis said:
I tried Dreadhorns. They look terrible! They're too high up, so it looks like you're sitting in it rather than on it. For connecting locally, you would need to upload it to some type of online storage. An FTP if you've got one, or webspace provided by your ISP. There are free ones too, you could search Google for free space.
Ok, I uploaded the .Rar file from www.box.net. I added it to the URL and it says UOGateway was unable to unrar. Hmm is there any other way?

Tannis

Knight
zachseitz said:
Ok, I uploaded the .Rar file from www.box.net. I added it to the URL and it says UOGateway was unable to unrar. Hmm is there any other way?
That might be the type of site you can't use. I don't know how it would go if you logged into the site and tried to retrieve the files. Do they automatically start to download, or do you have to choose a mirror site to download from? Do they tell you what the URL will be for your patches, or do you have to click through a bunch of stuff to get there? When a site works, you should be able to type it into Internet Explorer and go directly to the download, just to test it out. For example, if I had a file on a Comcast FTP, I could type the URL into IE and download the file. It would look something like http://home.comcast.net/~usernamehere/filename.rar If you can't take your patch URL and type it into a browser and download the file, I don't think it will work with UOG.

Tannis said:
I don't think so. The link will need to end with whateveryourfilenameishere.rar.
can we not keep the rar on our computer and just put the filepath instead of a url? I have 56k...:(

BTW you need to change your sig. It's too sexy.

Tannis

Knight
Anti-Basic said:
can we not keep the rar on our computer and just put the filepath instead of a url? I have 56k...:(

BTW you need to change your sig. It's too sexy.
I don't think that will work unfortunately. It's an MUO patch, so it needs to be downloaded and patched by UOG. I've got quite a bit of webspace now, so I might host the patch for people that can't host their own.

I love my sexy sig! It helps when I'm mean to people, then they look at my sig and it's so cute that they're not mean back.

(That last part was a joke btw :p)

Tannis said:
I don't think that will work unfortunately. It's an MUO patch, so it needs to be downloaded and patched by UOG. I've got quite a bit of webspace now, so I might host the patch for people that can't host their own.

I love my sexy sig! It helps when I'm mean to people, then they look at my sig and it's so cute that they're not mean back.

(That last part was a joke btw :p)

well that sucks. and as far as hosting, i could always use freewebs or something, but uploading anything greater than a meg on 56k sucks big time.

and yeah, cant be mean to someone who looks that good ;)

bloodcryer

Sorceror
hrm well I've tried about 10 of the free file hosting sites, 2 of which have direct links to the program and still the same issue, hrm, could you possibley host the patch? it would be a lot of help....specially for the guild on my server that are dragon riders :chuckles:

zachseitz

Sorceror
I've tryed two of the online file hosting...It costs 4.99-9.99 to host files on most sites. On the free ones... I cant host.

Tannis

Knight
zachseitz said:
I've tryed two of the online file hosting...It costs 4.99-9.99 to host files on most sites. On the free ones... I cant host.
I checked out FreeWebs, but you need to be Premium in order to upload anything larger than 750Kb. So, let me see if I can find any other freebies that work, and I know there are some.

Tannis is so nice for reposting this and helping people.

(Judging by her age and sig pic shes prolly good looking too[/end flattery]

Tannis

Knight
Anti-Basic said:
Tannis is so nice for reposting this and helping people.

(Judging by her age and sig pic shes prolly good looking too[/end flattery]
Aw Anti, you're so sweet! But you really don't need to suck up to me in order for me to host the files. ;)

Tannis

Knight
bloodcryer said:
really we dont? well there goes my idea :p
Hahaha :p Nope, no sucking up needed. I'm actually just waiting for the number of people on my shard to die down a little, then I'll be uploading the RAR file to my host. Since we've moved, our upload has gone from 650 to about 50. It's still enough to host our shard, but just barely. Any other activity that takes upload when there's a lot of people on lags the whole thing.

Liacs

Sorceror
hey, Tannis, if you could get the file to me or show me how it is done, I could put it on my space (just brand new :) ) I don't need it anyways... We have to see how good the quality is to download though from the US (guess most of the users here are from there?) and if it actually works (you never know if you read all the little printed :)) It is a german server...

Okies, PM me!

Lia

Tannis, I use freewebs and I have my hues file and the patch for the ridables going from that site. I am not paying for it. www.freewebs.com Thats the one I use. Maybe something has changed recently since I got membership there. I havent received an email or anything from them. Thank You