RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] FS: Animal Taming Systems Gen2

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Just mod the breeder himself to not accept mercenaries as a creature to breed, would probably be easier...plus it's where the edit should go anyways. You may also want to go ahead and prevent all evo creatures from breeding, as they give eggs and will also cause a crash with the breeding system.

tass23

Page
What's the check for Evo Creatures Pure? I've tried BaseEvo, IEvoCreature, none of them seem to work. The only thing the Animal Breeder has is the DragDrop method after you have spent 3 days waiting for your pets to breed. I noticed the actual check takes place in the PetInfoGump though. Since I'm using Xanthos Evo System, I'm going to try disabling breeding in that system, maybe I'll get lucky and that will fix the problem. Not thrilled that all the evo pets (even at max evo level) can still gain XP through the taming system and gain more skill points, but not sure how to prevent that either.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Just set AllowMating to false, and it shouldn't allow it. Or you can add the check somewhere else if you want to display a specific message if someone attempts to mate something like an evo dragon, so they aren't confused and think that you can't mate them at all.

tass23

Page
I added all the evo creatures in FSATSSettings.cs file in the list for NoLevel Creatures.....If they can't level, they can't breed, or so it says. *crosses fingers*

EDIT: Yep, that did it. Adding creatures to that list removes the NPCInfo from the context menu and prevents them from gaining XP, which prevents them from leveling. Such a simple thing to overlook too, thanks for pointing me in the right direction Pure :)

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
You do realize that an evo pack exists for this pet system...right? It will level based on all the edits that the system makes you put in the basecreature file, you can even easily props any evo this way and change the requirement for each leveling stage. I'm not sure I understand why you want to use a different evo system for this pet system, when one exists that already works very well with it.

Infact, the evo system you've decided to use. Requires it's own shrink system I believe, or at least edits to the fs-ats shrink system for them to be 100% compatible.

tass23

Page
Just sent you the how to
Yeah, nice timing on that as I had just done that and was messaging you to let you know I got it worked out LOL

Infact, the evo system you've decided to use. Requires it's own shrink system I believe, or at least edits to the fs-ats shrink system for them to be 100% compatible.
Yeah, I know Pure. I had Xanthos installed long before I finally got this system in place. None of my players are really using any of the evo pets, except mercenaries. Most of them have max level mercs, so if I can avoid the outcry of losing their mercs for new mercs they have to start all over with, I'm all for it. And since the mercs can't be shrunk by the pet leash from this system, I just altered the pet leash from Xanthos and made it into a potion and changed the name so as not to confuse players. Thanks to both you guys for helping me out with this though :D

milva

Sorceror
Oh sent the info for you, but see you sorted it out, for some reason with evo's they will still get- your pet
has gained xp -but this will stop after a short time.

tass23

Page
That's fine. Like I said, most of my players are only using the mercenaries anyway, once they hit 15 million XP it doesn't really matter anymore, they are at their highest level, thanks again Milva :D

pressure1441

Sorceror
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.1, Build 4213.39388
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 4 64-bit processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (cached)
Scripts: Skipping VB.NET Scripts...done (use -vb to enable)
Scripts: Verifying...done (2377 items, 551 mobiles) (1.15 seconds)
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...An error was encountered while loading a saved object
- Type: Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile
- Serial: 0x00000001
Delete the object? (y/n)

I am assuming it is a serialization error I have gone slow, double, triple, quad check till I am getting a headache about 48 hours have gone into try to get this to work maybe even longer. Here are my basecreature and the playermobile any help would be awesome!!!

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• BaseCreature.cs
    146.4 KB · Views: 8
  • PlayerMobile.cs
    112.6 KB · Views: 2

tass23

Page
These should do the trick for you pressure ;)
Before you install them, do a WinMerge and see what's different about yours ;)

Attachments

• BaseCreature.cs
    142.1 KB · Views: 58
  • PlayerMobile.cs
    112.2 KB · Views: 44

tass23

Page
Yeah, that installation text is very helpful! For those that are having trouble finding it in this post, I'll repost it once again. I did not write this, I am simply reposting.

Attachments

• AnimalTaming-RoninGT-Install.txt
    34.7 KB · Views: 86

Dodger-b

Sorceror
You do realize that an evo pack exists for this pet system...right? It will level based on all the edits that the system makes you put in the basecreature file, you can even easily props any evo this way and change the requirement for each leveling stage. I'm not sure I understand why you want to use a different evo system for this pet system, when one exists that already works very well with it.

well after pulling my hair out for 3 days to get this system to work the First thing i did was check out the evo's that came with it , and by looking at the scripts they are supposed to get stronger as they "level" up and "evolve". but the only thing thats changing is the body style of the evo's.I fully evolved the dragon and what i ended up with is a mob that looks like rikktor but fights like a giant serpent "its beginning form".
I also Noticed the other SPECIAL tames that came with this package ie "the ice steed" unless im reading this part wrong
"int totalstats = this.Str + this.Dex + this.Int + this.HitsMax + this.StamMax + this.ManaMax + this.PhysicalResistance + this.FireResistance + this.ColdResistance + this.EnergyResistance + this.PoisonResistance + this.DamageMin + this.DamageMax + this.VirtualArmor;
int nextlevel = totalstats * 10;

this.NextLevel = nextlevel;"
arn't they supposed to get stronger as they level up? you would think that a pet that requires 103 taming to be stronger than these are

tass23

Page
Dodger, we had to massage this addon into our shard. Things weren't exactly balanced perfectly, so we balanced them. It's a pain, but once you get it tweaked right, it's awesome :)
We don't use the evo's that come with it though.

Dodger-b

Sorceror
Dodger, we had to massage this addon into our shard. Things weren't exactly balanced perfectly, so we balanced them. It's a pain, but once you get it tweaked right, it's awesome :)
We don't use the evo's that come with it though.

im not particully worried about the evo's but i would like the other mobs to get stronger like the script says. i took everyones merc's away because they were just too powerful for my server and some of the players arent happy about it. so i am looking for an alternative. and i figured those special pets would be great. but like i said i just cant get them to "power-up"

tass23

Page
Yeah, umm, the mercs in Xanthos Evo System, WAY too overpowered because they can go beyond the bandage self-healing cap, whereas players can't. I put 50000 bandies on a merc with 2,000 HP. The merc is supposed to heal when it looses 10% of it's health. One merc, without me doing anything solo'd a Black Gate Daemon and never got below 3/4 health, never. We adjusted the mercs so that even wearing arties, they could never get past 175 Dex, that is the key, even at 176 Dex they heal like mad. The other problem is you can't remove the ability for the mercs to wear arties, be nice if that were a true/false check.

Now back to this taming system. It's setup on my shard so that there are soft caps until max level 30, beyond that, you have to breed to open up the hard caps and each generation gains +1 for all their stats, up to a hard cap. To max out ALL hard caps, would take the pets to level 42, or about 5-6 generations. So we made breeding more beneficial. Adding the existing Evo Pets we have to the system to prevent them from leveling was easily accomplished by editing the FSATSSettings.cs file. Limiting what things opened up for assigning ability points is crucial too. One thing that seems to be a waste are the special attacks. None of the special attacks seem to work, even with 100 ability points. All these things are totally fixable after installation. As far as I can tell, Ronin did an excellent job putting this much effort into the system and I don't mind doing a little tweaking here and there :)

Dodger-b

Sorceror
I played on one server that actually had two different types of merc's. the regular ones & another kind that was alot weaker and you couldnt give it anything but armor and weapons{no jewelry,no talismans not even bandaids" you actually had to heal it"} i would like to find that merc for my players.

i understand about the breeding i love that system thats why i tried so hard to get it working but as i said by looking at the scripts for the mobs that come with the fsats system those mobs are supposed to gain 10 times their stats every level. isnt that what "int nextlevel = totalstats * 10; this.NextLevel = nextlevel;" means? or am i just reading the script wrong. and also like i said the evo's evolve only in body style not stats.

milva

Sorceror
If you want Evo's you could also get Xanto's evo package- they work exactly as they should
and once you have this you can create any other extra evo's you want. I find the FStaming level
system just fine, players have to really work level up and breed for alot of generations. All of this
takes alot of time and effort , its not done over night.