RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] FS: Animal Taming Systems Gen2

Dodger-b

Sorceror
If you want Evo's you could also get Xanto's evo package- they work exactly as they should
and once you have this you can create any other extra evo's you want. I find the FStaming level
system just fine, players have to really work level up and breed for alot of generations. All of this
takes alot of time and effort , its not done over night.

i have xantos evo's and like i told tass i dont care about the evo's and yes the level system works fine for regular pets but im not talking about regular pets. im talking about the special mobs that come with fsats those do not work, as their stats do NOT increase by 10 each level as a matter of fact their stats dont increase at all when they go up a level.

tass23

Page
There's a couple of custom mobs that come with this and like 3 evos that come with it. Everything else gets added to the existing spawn you have that is tamable. Are you talking about the custom mobs that come with the system or the 3 evos?

And if you get Xanthos, I should tell you now, you'll want to carefully tweak all the stats because not only are the guardian extremely difficult to kill to get the eggs from, but also the evo pets themselves are terribly overpowered, at least for my shard.

Dodger-b

Sorceror
im talking specifically about the custom tames that come with the fsats but the 3 evos dont work right either and yeah i know about those xanthos mobs the guardian hiyru isnt that bad to kill or being over powered but the dragon never drops the egg i got rid of all the xantho's mobs because i read in this thread they arent really compatible with fsats system. besides the only one my players used was the mercs they never even cared about getting anything elsejust wanted that merc lol made me sorry i even put it in

pressure1441

Sorceror
I don't know if anyone has ever encountered this but... When players tame pets and then they level them their lvl and generation and all that stuff are being thrown around rediculously like they will end up at like lvl 50 generation 265 or some huge number in variation... I don't even know what file to look at for this one! I thought base creature but I dunno! I will put it up here just in case...

Attachments

• BaseCreature.cs
    155.8 KB · Views: 25

milva

Sorceror
I have leveled 2 nightmares to generation 8 --their max level is at 44- the ability points they have is 922
But everything is unlocked on these now at this point, they won't gain any more in hit points which are at
1038 and this took a longggg time to get the mares to gen 8

milva

Sorceror
Looks as though those pets are set to level up - if you left click them it shows npc info on them.
I'm not sure if they are "true" evo's- if they are set to level up and just change bodyvalues as they do
so. You could try this, go into your FSATS Folder- look for the Core folder open that- then open
FSATSSettings.cs script. Scroll down a bit and find - Add one of these creatures to that listing not to level
up. Then test it to see if there is any difference, if not then it really isn't a true evo and just changes the bodyvalue as it levels up. I didn't really see any thing for evo settings which would point to these being true evo.
//Add all creatures you do not wish to level / breed
public static string[] NoLevelCreatures = new string[]

Dodger-b

Sorceror
Looks as though those pets are set to level up - if you left click them it shows npc info on them.
I'm not sure if they are "true" evo's- if they are set to level up and just change bodyvalues as they do
so. You could try this, go into your FSATS Folder- look for the Core folder open that- then open
FSATSSettings.cs script. Scroll down a bit and find - Add one of these creatures to that listing not to level
up.

i had added the 3 evos to that list from the start but adding mobs to the do not level list does not stop them from leveling just stops you from acsessing the npc options so you cannot breed them
I didn't really see any thing for evo settings which would point to these being true evo.
isnt what this part of the script is for
int totalstats = this.Str + this.Dex + this.Int + this.HitsMax + this.StamMax + this.ManaMax + this.PhysicalResistance + this.FireResistance + this.ColdResistance + this.EnergyResistance + this.PoisonResistance + this.DamageMin + this.DamageMax + this.VirtualArmor;
int nextlevel = totalstats * 10;
this.NextLevel = nextlevel;
}

that part of the script is also on the custom mobs ie the ice steed but the ice steed is nothing more than a colored horse with high hit points that requires more taming than a cu does lol

tass23

Page
Dodger-b said:
i had added the 3 evos to that list from the start but adding mobs to the do not level list does not stop them from leveling just stops you from acsessing the npc options so you cannot breed them

You didn't add them with the correct identifying name then. That has to be it, because I have a huge list of custom pets I've added and none of them gain XP from the taming system or level, or breed.

Dodger-b

Sorceror
they are added by the only name they have. the reason i know they are still leveling is because when they are shrunk it shows what level they are

milva

Sorceror
I would say then they are not true evos-with xantos evos- at the bottom when a pet is shrunk says
EP### Stage # must be called an evo because they change bodyvalue.

Dodger-b

Sorceror
lol ok i guess i should have asked if anyone knows how to make this part of the script actually work
int totalstats = this.Str + this.Dex + this.Int + this.HitsMax + this.StamMax + this.ManaMax + this.PhysicalResistance + this.FireResistance + this.ColdResistance + this.EnergyResistance + this.PoisonResistance + this.DamageMin + this.DamageMax + this.VirtualArmor;
int nextlevel = totalstats * 10;
this.NextLevel = nextlevel;
}

I am not very good at reading code but to me that looks like the pet's total stats should multiply by 10 every level but they dont . that section is on every one of the mobs that come with the FSATS system

tass23

Page
I can tell you from the experience we had after we got the system installed Dodger, that we had to massage and tweak a fair amount to get it balanced enough for the shard. None of my beta-testers have reported the custom mobs that come with this package as not leveling properly. The PetLeveling.cs file should be controlling all the pets stats as they level.

Dodger-b

Sorceror
None of my beta-testers have reported the custom mobs that come with this package as not leveling properly. The PetLeveling.cs file should be controlling all the pets stats as they level.
ok thank you i will look at that script it is really bothering me as those pets do actually level up but their stats dont change at all

Dodger-b

Sorceror
ok heres another issue. i enabled bio engineering and everything works just fine except when i restart the server everyone who has read the bio book has to re-read it. i even set it to bioengineering true in their props but as soon as server starts it goes back to false, even on staff members. any suggestions ??

VertiCody

Sorceror
First off, I'm back to UO to start scripting again... my question is if there and way to merge the FS taming system with Nerun's Distro...? I tried but there are soo many differences in the 6-8 files that need to be merged.

StillWater

Sorceror
Hey guys, i got it all in and it compiled after a bit of editing but then i found that when i click "Bulk Order info" on the NPC it says "You can get a bulk order now" and nothing happense, no bod, no gump. Anyone els had this problem? the thread is so long maybe somone knows what it is.

StillWater

Sorceror
ya, iv also removed alot removed alot of stuff, i only have Animal Taming Bods, Core and Gumps. I dont think the others will affect if i recieve a bod or not will they?