RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] FS: Animal Taming Systems Gen2

Jukas

Sorceror
Thanks to Jukas I'm getting closer to merging the FS system with the server I'm currently running (Callandor2ks with Malganis) but I still have the following error.

I'm figuring it's something that's staring me in the face but I can't see it. Anyone have any ideas?

The offending line in AnimalBreeder.cs is
using Server.ContextMenus;

namespace Server.Mobiles
{
public class AnimalBreeder : BaseVendor
{
private ArrayList m_SBInfos = new ArrayList();
protected override ArrayList SBInfos{ get { return m_SBInfos; } }

It should look like this. It will compile if you change it.

private List<SBInfo> m_SBInfos = new List
<SBInfo>(); protected override List<SBInfo> SBInfos { get { return
m_SBInfos; } }
The at the top of the script add this. Just replace this on the Collections
using
System.Collections.Generic;

Hope it works if not let me know

Juka

Annwn

Wanderer
That did eliminate that error but, as so often happens, 15 more popped up. I think I'm going to have to merge them again, from scratch, and be more careful what gets merged as I don't think I have a lot of the information in the files that is required for SA.

Jukas

Sorceror
Did you use the scripts I posted. I am running an SA shard as well. They work fine in my shard. Is the errors on the hitching post and rope?

Annwn

Wanderer
My problem is that I'm NOT running a SA shard so it's looking for a lot of items that aren't defined anywhere.

Jukas

Sorceror
I have a shard thats not SA as well maybe you need the fs taming out of that shard. It works with ml are you running a ml shard?

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
I've installed and used this system on many different kinds of shards, featuring different versions of RunUO. So I know for a fact it works, you just have to be careful when merging distro files to do it correctly.

Errors:
+ Mobiles/Monsters/Misc/Melee/BladeSpirits.cs:
CS0115: Line 17: 'Server.Mobiles.BladeSpirits.GetFightModeRanking(Server.Mob
ile, Server.Mobiles.FightMode, bool)': no suitable method found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/Misc/Melee/EnergyVortex.cs:
CS0115: Line 17: 'Server.Mobiles.EnergyVortex.GetFightModeRanking(Server.Mob
ile, Server.Mobiles.FightMode, bool)': no suitable method found to override
+ Mobiles/Vendors/NPC/Blacksmith.cs:
CS0115: Line 123: 'Server.Mobiles.Blacksmith.OnSuccessfulBulkOrderReceive(Se
rver.Mobile)': no suitable method found to override
+ Mobiles/Vendors/NPC/Tailor.cs:
CS0115: Line 74: 'Server.Mobiles.Tailor.OnSuccessfulBulkOrderReceive(Server.
Mobile)': no suitable method found to override
+ Mobiles/Vendors/NPC/Weaponsmith.cs:
CS0115: Line 92: 'Server.Mobiles.Weaponsmith.OnSuccessfulBulkOrderReceive(Se
rver.Mobile)': no suitable method found to override
+ Mobiles/Vendors/NPC/Weaver.cs:
CS0115: Line 74: 'Server.Mobiles.Weaver.OnSuccessfulBulkOrderReceive(Server.
Mobile)': no suitable method found to override
+ Mobiles/Vendors/GenericBuy.cs:
CS0535: Line 9: 'Server.Mobiles.GenericBuyInfo' does not implement interface
member 'Server.IBuyItemInfo.GetObject()'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Um, Uh, Help!

Please?

*LOL*

Everytime I try to install this system I merge the files but yet I still get to this point and get these errors?

Am I not merging something right?

and if it helps I am using RunUO 2.0 Final.

:)

tass23

Page
I've installed and used this system on many different kinds of shards, featuring different versions of RunUO. So I know for a fact it works, you just have to be careful when merging distro files to do it correctly.​
Pure, could you post your basecreature and playermobile please? I've been through this merging process at least 20 times, and no matter how I do it, even using the instructions, I have to wipe ALL mobiles when I start the shard up. I know it works on a completely clean install....but what about after the fact, why won't it work on an existing shard?

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
It will work on an existing install, if you do the serialize/deserialize part correctly. Please post your basecreature.cs file before you do the mods, and after you do the mods. I'll show you what is wrong, or where to correctly place the edits. My basecreature.cs won't do you much good as it's already heavily edited.

tass23

Page
Okay everyone. I finally got this system installed. After several months of trying, I got it. A couple of things to note if you're having issues:

1. Download the Installation text file that is in this thread. FOLLOW IT TO THE LETTER!!
2. The download I got from here was missing the PetMenu.cs file, so be aware you'll get an error on that. If you download the package Jukas posted, it has the PetMenu.cs file in it. I just used that one.
3. The final "screwing over my playermobile error" was in a deserialization in BaseCreature.cs. This line right here in the installation text says this:
Code:
if ( version >= 17 )
That may, or may NOT be right for your server. I can't say for sure. But, in order to find out, look at the LAST item listed in your deserialization. See what number it has in the "if" statement, then go back to the "if" statement for the FSATS merged line and increase it ONE more than your last item number, i.e. if your last item listed says "if ( version >=15 )" change the FSATS to read "if ( version >=16 )" and so forth. The actual version part makes no difference, it might say ( version < XX ) or ( version > XX ), the XX is the imporant thing to remember here.
I hope this helps you guys that have had so many problems. I know this was a frustrating system to install, but very rewarding if you've been struggling with it and finally get it working.

For those having issues with shrinking pets showing up as a ball instead of the correct body value. If you edit your shrink.cfg file to add a body value, make sure you hit TAB between the number and the hex value, or else it WILL NOT recognize the body value.

milva

Sorceror
Glad to see you got this working tass23, it is a really nice and fun system

tass23

Page
Where is the Baby Stat Table??? I see a button for it on the mating confirmation window, but can't find it in the scripts anywhere. Was this something that got left out or was it never finished? I'm wondering how you can see a baby's stats to decide if you even want to mate.

milva

Sorceror
Where is the Baby Stat Table??? I see a button for it on the mating confirmation window, but can't find it in the scripts anywhere. Was this something that got left out or was it never finished? I'm wondering how you can see a baby's stats to decide if you even want to mate.

You can find some info on baby in Animal Breeder Script
*Shows this
baby.Str = pct.Str;

baby.Dex = pct.Dex;
baby.Int = pct.Int;
baby.HitsMaxSeed = pct.Hits;
baby.StamMaxSeed = pct.Stam;
baby.ManaMaxSeed = pct.Mana;
baby.PhysicalResistanceSeed = pct.Phys;
baby.FireResistSeed = pct.Fire;
baby.ColdResistSeed = pct.Cold;
baby.EnergyResistSeed = pct.Nrgy;
baby.PoisonResistSeed = pct.Pois;
baby.DamageMin = pct.Dmin;
baby.DamageMax = pct.Dmax;
baby.MaxLevel = pct.Mlev;
baby.Generation = pct.Gen + 1;
The babies will return pretty much as their parents are, once you start to work the babies for the next generation, you will then be able to apply points to their stats, resists and such.
So, the higher the level pet, say level 30 pet. This will have much better stats to begin with.
Be ready for long haul- has taken me forever to get nightmares to level 44 with everything
unlocked in their pet menu. Each baby will be a higher level with return then the parents.
Say you breed 2 level 30 pets, babies should come back at level 32 I believe.
Its also important to max out their skills before they reach their final stage.
In the FSTamingSettings script, this also allows any change for say max damage and max hits. If you have evo's you will want to add any evo's in this script not to breed.
If it is live baby return of lesser evo would be fine.
As evo's give eggs back not babies and will crash the server with return of breeding ticket.
Hope this helps some ;)

tass23

Page
Yeah, I found that earlier today. I was hoping the gump was floating around somewhere. I just commented out the Baby Stat Table button on the AwaitingConfirmationGump and posted similar info for my players to read up on. Thanks though Milva :D

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
The new max level can be a random number of 1-3 PLUS the average of the two parents. So if you breed two 30 level pets. It could end up being a 31 or 33 max level. You can also look at the same file to see how the stats are determined. Pretty much the same way though. Just be sure to fully train any pet before breeding, for best results.

tass23

Page
Pure, did you make a gump for the baby stat table that you might be willing to share? *crosses fingers hopefully* :D

tass23

Page
Minor annoyance found two days ago. Mercenaries are able to breed! Except when players go to claim their new baby, it causes a shard crash. I thought of removing the ability to breed from the PetInfo gump just for mercenaries, but I'm not sure what the check would be. The other option would be to actually allow the breeding to take place and work properly. Anyone have any input on this I hope, please?