RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Knives' Chat 3.0

godfood

Sorceror
[Wishlist]

Would it be possible to add the ability to export chat to additional IRC chans?

My thinking on this would be to have a staff chatroom on irc that would receive all chat messages be it Public, Multi, Guild Etc.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Sounds like you are looking for multiple IRC connections. That may be possible, but you'd have to use multiple IRC servers to get past IP limitations for IRC servers.

godfood

Sorceror
I think you're over thinking it. The way it is now, the RunUO server connect's to the IRC server. Once it's connected to the IRC server, it joins a set channel. I just want it to join 2 channels. Additionally it would be nice to control what it send to the channels individually, I.E. the second channel it would send all chat messages for staff to monitor. and not relay anything said in the second channel back to the UO server, or if it did, have it only send it on the staff channel. Am I making sense?

Im a bit helpless, I can't connect to a certain IRC server anymore - tried another and it was fine... It's spooky, because yesterday it worked for 1 connection till I rebooted the shard and now it can't connect anymore. It reaches "looking up hostname" in raw IRC, then after a while of waiting the gump no longer shows "cancel connect" - no error message no nothing :( And rebooting the pc didn't help either.

further Id suggest to disconnect irc on Server Shutdown and Crash Event.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Kamuflaro;681146 said:
Im a bit helpless, I can't connect to a certain IRC server anymore - tried another and it was fine... It's spooky, because yesterday it worked for 1 connection till I rebooted the shard and now it can't connect anymore. It reaches "looking up hostname" in raw IRC, then after a while of waiting the gump no longer shows "cancel connect" - no error message no nothing :( And rebooting the pc didn't help either.

further Id suggest to disconnect irc on Server Shutdown and Crash Event.

The server does disconnect from IRC on shutdown, as C# sends a socket close packet for anything open at termination. If you aren't receiving any additional info on Raw, then that is a connection problem with the IRC server. I can't do anything about that, except the timeout that you mentioned.

Unless you can suggest something =)

about the disconnect from Server, what I meant is to send a QUIT message when server shuts down or crashes instead just to have a connection reset by peer.

About the connection problem... I got no idea and no clue its like a riddle to me :( right now I can connect again, its really making my hair turn grey.

If it happens again I'll try to increase the time before a ircconnection timeout. But I got no clue how to do that atm. ^^

Edit:
The "cancel connect" button has no effect at all.
I added some lines to try to get rid of the unpolite "connection reset by peer":
Code:
		public static void Initialize()
		{
			EventSink.Crashed += new CrashedEventHandler( OnServerDeath );
			EventSink.Shutdown += new ShutdownEventHandler( OnServerDeath );
		}

public static void OnServerDeath( EventArgs e )
		{
			if ( s_Connection.Connected )
				s_Connection.Disconnect( false );
		}
The Crashed event is called and works as expected, but the shutdown event would only be called if the Server program finishes, but we all know it never finishes, it gets Kill()-ed.
So I edited my AutoRestart.cs and AdminGump.cs - if anyone got an idea to do this without distro mods, toss your ideas my way :p

stormwolff

Knight
I have another feature request. How about a separate channel for displaying the global hearall type chat in irc for staff members? The channel security could be handled by the irc server.

Might not be great for large servers but it would fit in on my small one where I can't sit in game all the time but would still like to hear what everyone is up to.

smargdon1

Wanderer
Alliance Chat

My users cannot talk to their alliance partners about Knives Chat 3.0. I'm using RunUo Rc1. When somebody opens his alliance chat user list, it shows only the guild players of himself, but not the alliance guild players in the chat userlist.

kmwill23

Sorceror
smargdon1;683394 said:
My users cannot talk to their alliance partners about Knives Chat 3.0. I'm using RunUo Rc1. When somebody opens his alliance chat user list, it shows only the guild players of himself, but not the alliance guild players in the chat userlist.

Thanks, will check it out =)

oiii88

Sorceror
I believe you have to grant a gm or other staff member global access. So it allows you to control who gets access to the feature.

kmwill23

Sorceror
By default, all staff Admin+ have HearAll access. You have to grant permission to anyone lower, like oiii88 mentioned.

When the irc connection times out on connect, where should I get the notification of it? I got the feeling the Broadcastsystem doesn't work as intended. (increasing timeout delay solved the issue that I had)

Neouni

Wanderer
small warnings runs good tho

Code:
+Custom/Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 9/General/MultiConnection.cs:
CS0168: Line 65: The Variable 'e' is declared but never used
CS0168: Line 134: The Variable 'e' is declared but never used
CS0168: Line 165: The Variable 'e' is declared but never used
CS0168: Line 184: The Variable 'e' is declared but never used
CS0168: Line 201: The Variable 'e' is declared but never used
CS0168: Line 252: The Variable 'e' is declared but never used
+Custom/Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 9/Gumps/Error Reporting/Errors.cs:
CS0618: Line 91: 'System.Web.Mail.MailMessage' is obsolete: 'The Recommended alternative is System.Net.Mail.MailMessage. http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=14202'
CS0618: Line 91: 'System.Web.Mail.MailMessage' is obsolete: 'The Recommended alternative is System.Net.Mail.MailMessage. http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=14202'
CS0618: Line 102: 'System.Web.Mail.MailMessage' is obsolete: 'The Recommended alternative is System.Net.Mail.MailMessage. http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=14202'

UOPlanet

Wanderer
I'm having trouble sending chat using [irc

I can connect fine and see the chat with no problems but I'm not able to send any chat.

I did get an error popup notification that their was an error reported in handling the irc input.

Any help is appreciated.

Also does this work so everyone can join the channel using their own nick? I changed the nick on my account and it seemed to make it that name for everyone else when they clicked on their irc options.

kmwill23

Sorceror
UOPlanet;688872 said:
I'm having trouble sending chat using [irc

I can connect fine and see the chat with no problems but I'm not able to send any chat.

I did get an error popup notification that their was an error reported in handling the irc input.

Any help is appreciated.

Also does this work so everyone can join the channel using their own nick? I changed the nick on my account and it seemed to make it that name for everyone else when they clicked on their irc options.

I also received the emails for errors you encountered =) It is a familiar error that I was sure I had fixed for Beta 9. Unless yours is different! This could be preventing proper responses. IRC servers tend to have their unique quirks =) What server do you use?

You can only use the one connection name, but in the IRC channel it does show the player's name.

UOPlanet

Wanderer
irc.gamesurge.net is the server I used.

I haven't tried any others though either so I couldn't tell you. I'll try it out though. :)

Ok I just tried some others and got it working. I'd like for it to work in the other one too though :)

Another question is that when you type through uo and it appears in a normal irc client like this

<mainuoname> playername: chat text here
<mainuoname> playername: (mainuoname) : chat text here

Can it be made so it only produces the first line of that and not the second? Right now it's sending out double messages.

Thanks