RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Knives' Chat 3.0

kmwill23

Sorceror
UOPlanet;688885 said:
irc.gamesurge.net is the server I used.

I haven't tried any others though either so I couldn't tell you. I'll try it out though. :)

Ok I just tried some others and got it working. I'd like for it to work in the other one too though :)

Another question is that when you type through uo and it appears in a normal irc client like this

<mainuoname> playername: chat text here
<mainuoname> playername: (mainuoname) : chat text here

Can it be made so it only produces the first line of that and not the second? Right now it's sending out double messages.

Thanks

That's another oddity you've found! On ours and other servers, it only shows the first line. I'm not even sure how the second line could be produced.

RJO

Sorceror
I'm having an issue where IRC connects no problem and I see text from people in IRC but they do not see the text from [irc chat... (so its not sending is what I guess im trying to say)... when I do [irc !status it will output properly in the channel so I am kind of stumped!

Any suggestions?

RJO

Sorceror
Odd... now that I've got some players on... their text does end up showing in the IRC channel... so now it appears the issue is with staff being unable to send? Thoughts?

Also.. I to am getting the doubling error

kmwill23

Sorceror
RJO;689568 said:
Odd... now that I've got some players on... their text does end up showing in the IRC channel... so now it appears the issue is with staff being unable to send? Thoughts?

Also.. I to am getting the doubling error

Do you have your staff IRC color set to white by chance? When staff chats in [i, do you see blank lines in the IRC channel? On the doubling, are you using [i or having all chat sent to IRC?

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Knives.Chat3.ListGump10.BuildTabs(Int32 width, Int32 y) in c:\E2 2.0\Scripts\Custom\Engines\Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 9\Gumps\1.0 Skin\ListGump10.cs:line 240
at Knives.Chat3.ListGump10.BuildGump() in c:\E2 2.0\Scripts\Custom\Engines\Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 9\Gumps\1.0 Skin\ListGump10.cs:line 234
at Knives.Chat3.GumpPlus.NewGump(Boolean clear) in c:\E2 2.0\Scripts\Custom\Engines\Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 9\Gumps\Gumps Plus\GumpPlus.cs:line 65
at Knives.Chat3.GumpPlus.NewGump() in c:\E2 2.0\Scripts\Custom\Engines\Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 9\Gumps\Gumps Plus\GumpPlus.cs:line 57
at Server.Timer.DelayCallTimer.OnTick()
at Server.Timer.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

didn't touch gumps... using beta 9, hope you can figure out a fix :)

kmwill23;691480 said:
I suppose I should add the fix for that as a patch. I posted the file update a page back.

lol happens that I miss some posts :p mind to just add the file to the 1st post, as you did it with other fixes? :)

stormwolff

Knight
I have another feature suggestion for the irc component. One of my staff members suggested that to help welcome new players it might be nice if the system could announce newly created characters in irc chat.

Something like Please welcome Blarg to our world. He has just created his new character.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Got an error from something....

Code:
21/06-19:13 Error:
21/06-19:13 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instan
ce of an object.
   at Knives.Chat3.ListGump10.BuildTabs(Int32 width, Int32 y) in d:\RunUO Server
 2.0\Scripts\Custom\New Scripts\Systems\Knives\Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 9\Gumps\1.0
Skin\ListGump10.cs:line 240
   at Knives.Chat3.ListGump10.BuildGump() in d:\RunUO Server 2.0\Scripts\Custom\
New Scripts\Systems\Knives\Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 9\Gumps\1.0 Skin\ListGump10.cs:l
ine 234
   at Knives.Chat3.GumpPlus.NewGump(Boolean clear) in d:\RunUO Server 2.0\Script
s\Custom\New Scripts\Systems\Knives\Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 9\Gumps\Gumps Plus\Gump
Plus.cs:line 65
   at Knives.Chat3.GumpPlus.NewGump() in d:\RunUO Server 2.0\Scripts\Custom\New
Scripts\Systems\Knives\Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 9\Gumps\Gumps Plus\GumpPlus.cs:line
   at Server.Timer.DelayCallTimer.OnTick()
   at Server.Timer.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
21/06-19:13 Crash: Backing up...done
21/06-19:13 Crash: Generating report...done
21/06-19:13 Crash: Restarting...done

was gone at the time, so i don't know what the error was from :confused:

oiii88

Sorceror
One question. When a player sets thier name to hidden. Shouldnt a staff member be able to see all of them as "Player name "(hidden) ?

The reason I ask is when some players goes hidden on my shard I can only see them under "viewall" This might have been covered already but if it has i didnt notice it while looking over the earlier post. Is there something I can change so as my staff can see players that are hidden on the basic [c list

kmwill23

Sorceror
oiii88;694171 said:
One question. When a player sets thier name to hidden. Shouldnt a staff member be able to see all of them as "Player name "(hidden) ?

The reason I ask is when some players goes hidden on my shard I can only see them under "viewall" This might have been covered already but if it has i didnt notice it while looking over the earlier post. Is there something I can change so as my staff can see players that are hidden on the basic [c list

That is odd. I have no problems seeing hidden folk in all channels.

DomEla

Wanderer
why we cant see all players only who are online, and how to turn off chat if somene dont whant to read it. i whant to see all players in list, that who are online bright and the other grey, what have i to do for all players?

kmwill23

Sorceror
DomEla;695692 said:
why we cant see all players only who are online, and how to turn off chat if somene dont whant to read it. i whant to see all players in list, that who are online bright and the other grey, what have i to do for all players?

If you open the chat menu and options you'll see an option for View All. I am pretty sure I also added [va for this. That'll show everyone. If your players want to turn off the chat, open the same menu and options and uncheck the little boxes next to the channel names.

DomEla

Wanderer
yes thx found it, but they are all in same colour so you cannot see who is online and who not, and it isnt saved at that view, so you need to cklick everytime [va

Asmir3

Sorceror
another bug is when staff forces a background so players cant change it, well players still can change it and it doesnt forces the background on the players.