RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Knives' Chat 3.0

kmwill23

Sorceror
Asmir3;698647 said:
another bug is when staff forces a background so players cant change it, well players still can change it and it doesnt forces the background on the players.

That is odd... I just tested it and it works fine on my server. When you lock it, the customization bit should disappear for players. What part are they accessing?

Asmir3

Sorceror
kmwill23;698731 said:
That is odd... I just tested it and it works fine on my server. When you lock it, the customization bit should disappear for players. What part are they accessing?

Ahh I guess when you lock down the chat background u cant lock what type of chat u want to lock it like the chat gump system 1.0 or chat gump system 2.0 or the chat gump system 3.0.

kmwill23

Sorceror
The only way to change it is in the code. Depending on the skin you are using, if will be in Gumps/Skin___/ListGump_.cs . Open and search for "ColorFor(" and you'll be in the right area.

stormwolff

Knight
Another wish from me :) Could you add an option to route say the public channel chat through irc so you can see what people are saying in there. Something that can be turned on and off from the in game gump.

Somebody says something in the public channel, it appears in irc with something like botname: Public-Username < Blah Blah >

narcof

Wanderer
stormwolff;699958 said:
Another wish from me :) Could you add an option to route say the public channel chat through irc so you can see what people are saying in there. Something that can be turned on and off from the in game gump.

Somebody says something in the public channel, it appears in irc with something like botname: Public-Username < Blah Blah >

What we did on our shard, when we were using public, was to set up IRC so it was basically used in place of the public channel, people joining by default, and the [c and [chat commands to sent to IRC instead of public, then disable the public channel, and you will basically have what you're after. If you want to disable the link to IRC just disconnect from the server.

stormwolff

Knight
narcof;699973 said:
What we did on our shard, when we were using public, was to set up IRC so it was basically used in place of the public channel, people joining by default, and the [c and [chat commands to sent to IRC instead of public, then disable the public channel, and you will basically have what you're after. If you want to disable the link to IRC just disconnect from the server.

Thanks. I looked into it a bit more after posting and there is already a send to irc option for each channel.

narcof

Wanderer
stormwolff;699978 said:
Thanks. I looked into it a bit more after posting and there is already a send to irc option for each channel.

Indeed, I think though the way I did it, is the simplest way to get people logged into IRC but not into the shard, to chat inbound to the shard's population - if that's what you are after.

not sure if it's been mentioned already, but hidden ppl, who are online are sorted in the view all list in between the online ppl.
Changed all three listgump's compare functions to make it as I wanted. Hope you don't mind posting the code piece
Code:
                    if (((Mobile)x).NetState == null && ((Mobile)y).NetState != null && (Data.GetData((Mobile)y).Status != OnlineStatus.Hidden || c_Gump.Owner.AccessLevel > AccessLevel.Player))
                        return 1;
                    if (((Mobile)x).NetState != null && ((Mobile)y).NetState == null && (Data.GetData((Mobile)x).Status != OnlineStatus.Hidden || c_Gump.Owner.AccessLevel > AccessLevel.Player))
                        return -1;

kmwill23

Sorceror
Kamuflaro;701925 said:
not sure if it's been mentioned already, but hidden ppl, who are online are sorted in the view all list in between the online ppl.
Changed all three listgump's compare functions to make it as I wanted. Hope you don't mind posting the code piece
Code:
                    if (((Mobile)x).NetState == null && ((Mobile)y).NetState != null && (Data.GetData((Mobile)y).Status != OnlineStatus.Hidden || c_Gump.Owner.AccessLevel > AccessLevel.Player))
                        return 1;
                    if (((Mobile)x).NetState != null && ((Mobile)y).NetState == null && (Data.GetData((Mobile)x).Status != OnlineStatus.Hidden || c_Gump.Owner.AccessLevel > AccessLevel.Player))
                        return -1;

Believe it or not, this saves me some work =) I keep putting it off for other additions.

kokosbytow

Sorceror
I use this syste is good very good :) have one problem , how i use incognito (spell) this change name in game but in chat no ... How this change ??

kmwill23

Sorceror
kokosbytow;703393 said:
I use this syste is good very good :) have one problem , how i use incognito (spell) this change name in game but in chat no ... How this change ??

I intentionally left that out =) If you want to change it, you'll have to change scripts. Many scripts, too many to list!

kmwill23;703408 said:
I intentionally left that out =) If you want to change it, you'll have to change scripts. Many scripts, too many to list!

*pondes about a mass search and replace* Only scripts of your system tho right?

nadious

Sorceror
Kmwill,

I'm not sure if this has been asked before or not. If it has, please forgive me... and just point me in the right direction.

We recently installed the 'Diamond Mastery' quest. My players love the idea of a robe that 'masks' their identity while in game. However, if someone opens the chat menu, their account name is displayed on the menu list. If they log out of the channel, it does not, obviously.

I was curious if it's possible (and if it is.. how invovled it is) to have CHARACTER NAMES in the chat list, rather than account names when you do a listing?

greywolf79

Sorceror
EXCELLENT SCRIPT!!!! I downloaded it last night and installed it just a few moments ago. Easy to install and set up and so nice and simple to use. I love it. Thanks. I was looking for a chat system and this package surpased EVERY expectation. Keep up the good work.

BTW, I am using RunUO 2.0 RC1, so it was easy to install and worked perfectly on first restart.

GreyWolf.

greywolf79

Sorceror
nadious;709560 said:
Nobody still has any ideas on how to get character names on the chat menu, rather than account names?

Not me... Sorry. I am a new scripter and do not even know how to do something that I am guessing is relatively easy...

kmwill23

Sorceror
Open up List.cs and replace all ".RawName" with ".Name".

Then so their name appears modified when they chat, do the same replace in Channel.cs