RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Nerun's Distro

expiaumm

Wanderer
i didnt miss that step i miss one script i didnt deleted i deleted now and give one error i fix it and noe is working fine tks a lot bro =)

Cheetah2003

Wanderer
Great stuff, Nerun. Thank you so much!!

However, I did wanna mention one problem I noticed.

The spawners can and sometimes do spawn mobs behind walls where they can't be interacted with or killed.

I was thinking, perhaps if the spawner was modified somehow (I'm still learning how to use the scripting stuff, or I'd just do it) to only spawn mobs in places that the spawner itself has line of sight to.

nerun

Sorceror
Cheetah2003 said:
Great stuff, Nerun. Thank you so much!!

However, I did wanna mention one problem I noticed.

The spawners can and sometimes do spawn mobs behind walls where they can't be interacted with or killed.

I was thinking, perhaps if the spawner was modified somehow (I'm still learning how to use the scripting stuff, or I'd just do it) to only spawn mobs in places that the spawner itself has line of sight to.

Yes, it happens sometimes. The script check thing like black squares (ones that players can not move on), water etc, but not "walkable" squares behind walls. This is a problem. An option for you is place a "blocker" in that place, then the spawner will read that place as a "black square" and will not spawn there.

But a possibility is try to change the scripts to check not only the saquare, but all the 8 squares around that, and say to the script: "if all squares around that square are not walkable, do not spawn the creature in the middle of them!".

KnightAGS

Sorceror
Two Questions about premium spawner.

If I missed the answer to this somewhere please direct me to the correct thread.

1.) When I spawn the world all the spawners are set but not spawning. All spawns are 0. Am I missing something.
2.) How do I get rid of the default spawned vendors before running the spawner?

Thanks.

nerun

Sorceror
KnightAGS said:
If I missed the answer to this somewhere please direct me to the correct thread.

1.) When I spawn the world all the spawners are set but not spawning. All spawns are 0. Am I missing something.
2.) How do I get rid of the default spawned vendors before running the spawner?

Thanks.

1) No, it happen because "Smart Player Range Sensitive" is enable, change yourself to [unhide and you will see. Players will activate spawner too (hidden or unhidden). If you comes near a spawner (SpawnRange + 60) and you is a player or a UNHIDDEN staff member, it will spawn, otherwise not. To disable, search in [spawner gump for a disable smart player range sensitive.

2) [global remove where spawner, it will remove ALL RunUO default spawners, then remember to use [decorate again, to replace the quest spawners. But you can use RunUO vendors, cause they are more accurate in amount just. I my distro, the spawners spawn less vendors, cause i believe the most of the shards are small and don't need too many vendors, but for OSI accuracy [uoamvendors is better.

Johabius

Knight
There is a make your own maps tutorial included in the package, or there used to be anyway, not for sure if it is still there or not:)

KnightAGS

Sorceror
Thanks, worked like a charm.

Doh! on being invis, nice prop though.

Thanks Again.

nerun said:
1) No, it happen because "Smart Player Range Sensitive" is enable, change yourself to [unhide and you will see. Players will activate spawner too (hidden or unhidden). If you comes near a spawner (SpawnRange + 60) and you is a player or a UNHIDDEN staff member, it will spawn, otherwise not. To disable, search in [spawner gump for a disable smart player range sensitive.

2) [global remove where spawner, it will remove ALL RunUO default spawners, then remember to use [decorate again, to replace the quest spawners. But you can use RunUO vendors, cause they are more accurate in amount just. I my distro, the spawners spawn less vendors, cause i believe the most of the shards are small and don't need too many vendors, but for OSI accuracy [uoamvendors is better.

mysteriousgm

Wanderer
having a problem

i'm very new to this,so forgive me if i sound stupid. This seems to be a great tool, but i'm having a problem with it. Whenever i try to generate a spawn, i keep getting a map not found error message. What have i missed?

nerun

Sorceror
mysteriousgm said:
i'm very new to this,so forgive me if i sound stupid. This seems to be a great tool, but i'm having a problem with it. Whenever i try to generate a spawn, i keep getting a map not found error message. What have i missed?

Wrong installation: you missed the maps files. Copy Data Folder over the old one.

Vindekator

Sorceror
Missing Tokono Opponents

First, let me say how much I appreciate all the hard work that goes into these scripts and in particular the collecting and correlating of all the spawns here.

But I have a problem ( probably more than one, but we won't talk about those ) with the Tokono spawn. The Samurai beginner quest in particular. I don't get any opponents being spawned for the first phase of the quest.

I started from scratch and used the RunUOv2rc1 disto. I downloaded the latest ML client from UO and installed that on another machine. I transfered the muls and associated files to the RunUO space and modified the datapath.

Everything was fine. I put in Pandora's Box and still no complaints. I then downloaded and installed Nerun's Disto and followed the setup. Started the spawners and my world changed. It was great! Then I created a Samurai character......

The quest starts out alright but when I follow the green path there's no one there! Then next section has a dragon and an imp but no one here.. Help!

Starting out

No one but me...

didymus

Wanderer
An Admin friend of mine has noticed that if he transports to another location in hidden mode, he can't see any spawns. Is this normal?
Can it be disabled for staff members?

He says he is using version 1.4 on run uo 1.

didymus said:
An Admin friend of mine has noticed that if he transports to another location in hidden mode, he can't see any spawns. Is this normal?
Can it be disabled for staff members?

He says he is using version 1.4 on run uo 1.
yes its the smart PRS feature. keeps the mob count down unless a player is near. Will not work on players using the skill hiding or spell, but staff invis works.

Roger204

Wanderer
Delayed Reactions

Hello Neurn and let me first thank you for an amazing job you have done. This makes alot of stuff much easier to do.

Now for my initial post, i seem to be running into a problem with my mobiles having delayed reactions. When a player tries to attack a mobile, the player will not swing or the spell will not hit for probably 5-10 seconds, after this amount of time, it hits, but again takes 5-10 seconds to hit them again. I even tried making a mobile obey me, and having it attack another, as suspected, the delay is still in affect.

Not only are the attacks delayed, any command I try and use is delayed..

Any suggesions??

Boris The Blade

**EDIT**
This started occuring after i implemented your Distro package

shaggster

Sorceror
Love the spawner saved Major time from spawning by hand....TY.. My question is this ..Rat/Orc camps spawn like they should but the chest itself that spawns requires players to have to steal items... You can pick the chest and untrap but can not loot???? Is this part of this system or is stock file?? And any ideas on how i could fix this so i can make the Lockpickers on my shard happy agin ..

TY in advance for any help on this issue

P.S. We are fully patched to the newest neruns Destro Also....

Tee312

Wanderer
found another slight bug nerun :) "the travesty" takes the form of a fetid essence, it should take the form of a changeling :)

nerun

Sorceror
Roger204 said:
Hello Neurn and let me first thank you for an amazing job you have done. This makes alot of stuff much easier to do.

Now for my initial post, i seem to be running into a problem with my mobiles having delayed reactions. When a player tries to attack a mobile, the player will not swing or the spell will not hit for probably 5-10 seconds, after this amount of time, it hits, but again takes 5-10 seconds to hit them again. I even tried making a mobile obey me, and having it attack another, as suspected, the delay is still in affect.

Not only are the attacks delayed, any command I try and use is delayed..

Any suggesions??

Boris The Blade

**EDIT**
This started occuring after i implemented your Distro package

Because the Smart PRS is enable. Try to disable it. I will try to fix it, but that is what you can do now.

nerun

Sorceror
shaggster said:
Love the spawner saved Major time from spawning by hand....TY.. My question is this ..Rat/Orc camps spawn like they should but the chest itself that spawns requires players to have to steal items... You can pick the chest and untrap but can not loot???? Is this part of this system or is stock file?? And any ideas on how i could fix this so i can make the Lockpickers on my shard happy agin ..

TY in advance for any help on this issue

P.S. We are fully patched to the newest neruns Destro Also....

This issue was supposed to be fixed since 5.0.3. Which version you use? Use command [spawner to see in the gump the version you use.