RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 2.0 RC2 Released

Goury

Sorceror
tnx u a lot nd very much nd tnx to all team nd all ppls here =)
wish u a good topic about upgrading rc1 2 rc2

PS: plz, do not ban me 4 this post

mehla

Sorceror
Good job, but UO is dead.... Take the RunUO engine and do something else with it...

The only reason why I even come here any more is in hopes that you guys are doing something better with the engine you have created. Don't let your hard work go to waste.... Do something else.

Alex21

Sorceror
mehla;738199 said:
Good job, but UO is dead.... Take the RunUO engine and do something else with it...

The only reason why I even come here any more is in hopes that you guys are doing something better with the engine you have created. Don't let your hard work go to waste.... Do something else.

Lol your stupid, There is still at least over 1 million active ultima online players in the world, There must be near 10k active shards out then and at least 2k of them have active playerbase of about 150 players, This is excluding mega shards like UO Gamers hybrid and well all the UO Gamers shards.

So no, UO is not dead, I have even heard OSI is picking up some support on its KR Client as it graphics some what resemble Diablo 2, Of which there is still a large playerbase for, Personally i think UO 2D kicks the shit out of diablo any way.

But it isnt speculation of a newer more modern style UO client that is keeping it from dieing, I believe it comes from the fact that UO is 10 years in the making and has intricute system that work other system, UO has achieved a very high level of game play,

I would think that is RunUO where going to do anything with there server software they would eventually get around to emaulating KR as well as to keep the pace with OSI and provide new options to the Free Shard community.

mehla;738199 said:

Most of us still hope for more updates with RunUO and yes UO may have decreased in its population but it doesn't mean UO is dead. There are still alot of people playing UO none the less. So I don't understand what your talking about.. :/

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Congratulations, dev team!
Keep it up!

(but now I have to update all my script projects and stuff. whine, whine, complain, complain...)

Hammerhand

Knight
mehla;738199 said:

*Waits for the "Whack-A-Mole" contest to begin*
Good job guys! The long awaited has arrived!! Now I suppose I gotta convert all my scripts and learn some new methods.. :D

mehla

Sorceror
excuse me miss said:
The only thing RunUO is good for is the creation of pre-AoS shards, and getting a lot of people interested in learning programming.

Exactly my thoughts!

mehla

Sorceror
Guys,

I'm not bashing UO... I loved UO, I've probably played UO when a lot of you were in diapers.

That's not my point however. The RunUO code that Ryan and his team have provided us over the years is great! However, it can be used for ANYTHING, you have the source, use it! UO is dead....

Create something more productive with RunUO.

Also, there is no way 1 million people play UO. If you believe this, then you are truly showing your adolescence.

mehla;738287 said:
Guys,

I'm not bashing UO... I loved UO, I've probably played UO when a lot of you were in diapers.

That's not my point however. The RunUO code that Ryan and his team have provided us over the years is great! However, it can be used for ANYTHING, you have the source, use it! UO is dead....

Create something more productive with RunUO.

Also, there is no way 1 million people play UO. If you believe this, then you are truly showing your adolescence.

There may not be that many people, but still there are people out there that continue to play UO to this day.

The only thing I disagree with on your part is when you say UO is dead. I believe nothing is dead until the production is no longer used by anyone, or it goes offline.

Alex21

Sorceror
So you are accounting for all the 6 Billion people in the world, and deciding less then 1 million of them play uo, i think your undermining uo.

HellRazor

Knight
This isn't a "UO is dead" thread. If you guys want to talk about that, create a new thread.

This is a "RC2 is released" thread. If you can't say something nice about that, then stfu.

Alex21

Sorceror
HellRazor;738308 said:
This isn't a "UO is dead" thread. If you guys want to talk about that, create a new thread.

This is a "RC2 is released" thread. If you can't say something nice about that, then stfu.

ok settle down mate, dont have a fit.

I like RC2 :)

Atomic

Wanderer
Very nice, it's been a long time since I've last run a shard but I'm gonna take a look at it ;)

Taking from the RC in the name I take this is not stable enough to be used on a production shard, right?

RavonTUS

Sorceror
Atomic;738342 said:
Taking from the RC in the name I take this is not stable enough to be used on a production shard, right?

Greetings,

If it were a Microsoft product they would be charing you for it by now. :)

-Ravon

Johabius

Knight
Atomic;738342 said:
By its very nature a RC is not as stable as a final product, but the Dev Team has done a wonderful job making sure everything in RC2 is stable and working.

Liacs

Sorceror
whohoo! Haven't been on for quite some time... that's why my late reply. Thanks so much to all the peeps that made this happen! Great work!

Zylara

Sorceror
Been working this weekend as always, so had not seen this post. Downloading now before I head home. Can't wait till Sunday night when I can sit down at home and have a look at it. Awesome! Thanks to the RunUO Team!

Zylara