RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 2.0 RC2 Released

Hammerhand

Knight
Code:
If it were a Microsoft product they would be charing you for it by now.
If this was a Microsoft product, we'd need 12 updates, 72 Security patches and God only knows how many other downloads and whatnot... just to make it work as intended. And then another 23 Security patches to repair the holes the last 15 created. :rolleyes:

crackrat

Wanderer
Hammerhand;738434 said:
Code:
If it were a Microsoft product they would be charing you for it by now.
If this was a Microsoft product, we'd need 12 updates, 72 Security patches and God only knows how many other downloads and whatnot... just to make it work as intended. And then another 23 Security patches to repair the holes the last 15 created. :rolleyes:

and even though all that unless it was shined upon by a higher power it, prolly still be buggy as shit.

TY to the team of runuo for the latest release!

Asmir3

Sorceror
Good Job RunUO Team!

I do have one problem when I try to download this message comes up
Code:
The download directory is not writeable!

[Drakull]

Knight
Question about changelog features.

Just a question about the changelog:
Is any of the following features

119 Bug fix for skillcaps and things that exceed it
159 BaseCreatures skillcap increased to accommodate skills over 100

adding a fix to the runebeetles not raising their total skills over 700 skill points?

Thank you.

J MaNN

Wanderer
Well i was testing the spellweaving spells (i did notice that you didn't do all of them) and found that the attunement spell does not work. It's description says it will protect from physical damage for a short amount of time, but i casted it and started to wrestle a drake, and i took all of its bites. Anyone else tested this spell?

toddjumper

Wanderer
download problems

IS anyone else having problem downloading this releasse?

I have been trying to download it on all my browsers on two computers since the day of release and just keep getting this error.

"The download directory is not writeable!"

:(

Johabius

Knight
Solinari555;739886 said:
Quick question: Will most custom scripts for RC1 work with RC2, or will the need a bit of editing?
I can only speak of the RC1 scripts that I've used, and yes, they work just fine so far.

Liacs

Sorceror
As far as i could see there is really just a tiny bit to change in the scripts. I put all my RC1 custom scripts (about 500) in the new server in 15 minutes :)

Hammerhand

Knight
About the only time I've really found any need for changing a script is when it has a modified PlayerMobile.cs as that has a small change or 3. Had to modify the one I had for the firerock crafting to make it compatable, but thats about it.

Braun

Wanderer
Its been a while since I have been here, but I am back and very pleased to see Ryan and the team still hard at it. Great work

Greystar

Wanderer
First of all I'd like to say thanks for the release! Keep it comming as long as you can and as long as we still have access to the 2d client files.

Now for this.

mehla;738287 said:
Guys,

I'm not bashing UO... I loved UO, I've probably played UO when a lot of you were in diapers.

That's not my point however. The RunUO code that Ryan and his team have provided us over the years is great! However, it can be used for ANYTHING, you have the source, use it! UO is dead....

Create something more productive with RunUO.

Also, there is no way 1 million people play UO. If you believe this, then you are truly showing your adolescence.

I don't know if there are truely 1 million people playing UO still and it's probably not comparable to WoW as far as users go. However, you are showing your ignorance by saying UO is dead; more updates are still coming out trying to draw in more players or draw back old players. The RunUO code was developed just for Shard Admins to Emulate their flavor of UO or try to emulate OSI as closely as possible.

Now one of the problems I see is that UO is now trying to copy bits and pieces from WoW and other MMO's which is a bit too late. I do think it will eventually decline to the point where there won't be any new content; there is now way to much competition out there with ALOT more "EYE CANDY" which is what many players want now.

So to the RunUO Team, keep putting out new releases until you have atleast the skeleton to support all features that are available in the 2d client. To the Scripters, keep scripting the Features to add to the skeleton Support and that way people can play with what they want when they want and in the Flavor they want.

ALSO, I don't really have a problem with anything AOS or earlier. I was a bit leary at the Prospect of SE and even more disturbed by ML, however I can use that stuff anyway I like on my shard.

koyott

Wanderer
Great !!!!

Thanks a lot ! Nice job !

I just watched inside the code and it's always a pleasure to find tips for my own project ;)

"Big bravo à toute l'équipe"

Ulrich

Wanderer
little off subject... but I noticed 157 was a fix for recipes.... does that mean ML is getting closer for Demise? Just wondering...

Daanonkerr

Wanderer
First off don't listen to the Na sayers... WE paly UO because it is a solid system and it beats the shyt out of 98% of the MMO's on the market to date. I have played a bunch ton of them and none of them can hold a candle to the UO model.

Secondly to the Dev's for whom this is a labor of love, why else would you do it, Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You guys do a great thing here, don't ever stop. Ever. :)

As for those of you who turned this thread into a Bash UO thread. A thread mind you that was an announcement and celebration of the next patch and continuation of this wonderful MMO, go to hell. Go somewhere else and troll forums, I hear SWG is a target rich environment for trolls. Go over there and start trouble, just keep your crap out of here.

You guys wont get it... ever. It's not about moving on, it's not about making the next great thing, its not about creating the newest, fastest, bestest (I know it's not a word but I am rolling here) MMO, its not about the graphics, it's not about the combat system, it's not about the crafting system, and it's not about "insert anything I left out here." It's about preserving something that was pure, sweat and innocent. UO was the first MMO. It was and still is the best system on the market today.

To put it another way, some people go to buy the newest and freshest car on the market because it is the newest and freshest car on the market. Some of us prefer to drive a 67 Corvette convertible. Simply because they got it right in 1967, wtf do I want to buy something else? They got it right in 1967. Does that mean I am wasting my time not buying the 2008 what ever? No it simply means I love my car, it does what I want it to do. I don't need something else.

We play UO because we love UO. We are not wasting our time, because we enjoy what we do. The Dev's enjoy making all of us happy, providing an irreplaceable service to the world. No one here is wasting time, except maybe the trolls. Because no matter what you say, you will not change any of our minds. You will only strengthen our resolve, and help to pull our community together even closer.