RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO teams up to help Sphereserver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
RunUO teams up to help Sphereserver

As many of you may have already noticed Sphereserver is in a world of hurt right now. I spoke with Nix today who is one of the original Sphere developers and we had a very good conversation about helping get Sphere back on its feet and back in the hands of the people who really developed it and back on track. Unfortunately for Nix (and Westy) they do not own the Sphereserver domain any more. Nix is the original owner of the domain but the entire Sphere project was taken over and put into a strangle hold by "Damian".

Due to recent events it appears that the entire Magichat network is off line which includes the Sphereserver site. Of course if you go to the Irth Online site (a by product of Sphere) you will see that they are having "router issues" which is an absolute load. If it were truly a router problem you wouldnt even get that page.

Regardless for a long time I've owned sphereserver.org and will be transferring it to Nix and Westy and they will be launching a site for Sphereserver there shortly. I'm not sure what exactly they plan to do with it but I will tell you this... they ARE the true brains behind Sphereserver they are the ones that made Sphere what it is and they will provide a good place for Sphere users to live. I know this doesnt really concern a lot of our users but it's the only "fair" place they can get some publicity and they are very good friends of the UO Server community and deserve the respect of everyone here.

This is an example of how this community is bigger than RunUO or Sphere this is an example of how teams should work together to ensure that everyone gets what they need. This goes back to the days of sharing information and working together rather than being hateful toward each other...

I would hope that you can all follow the example that we are setting here and refrain from attacking Sphere and any other similar project that "competes" with RunUO. It's time to welcome Sphere back with open arms no matter how we feel about it.

Nix and Westy are great people... they deserve the utmost respect from this community as well as any other communities that deal with UO Servers.

Hopefully it wont be too long before you see their site come online with some sort of update. I'll be kicking off a domain transfer which could take a few days but I wanted to get the word out to the world that Sphere is not dead and that the true developers of Sphere will once again have a home to share with you what is going on with Sphere.

As for Damian... I don't like you and wont pretend I do, however... good luck with your personal problems and I hope you pull through. Times are obviously tough right now and I wouldn't wish such problems on anyone... even if they threatened to sue me before.

nomad707

Knight
God damn dude. I give you so much credit For doing this... I am totally impressed and you have my back in all your decisions ryan. I respect you to the most.. and i hope everything goes well to sphere.

BladeCraft

Wanderer
As a long time sphere user, I thank you. We are a small community of an older generation emulator that a lot of people look down upon. Seeing this show of compassion in our time of need by a fellow emulation team is not only comforting but promising for the future of UO free shards.

Thank you again.

Grimklash

Wanderer
This is one of the things that makes this community so great.
My hats off to you Ryan for helping them.

Good luck Nix and Westy

Kenny164

Sorceror
Good luck to Nix and Westy!!

I was talking to Nix (maybe Westy aswell) on #runuo (IRC) the other nite, seems really dead-on.

Johabius

Knight
That is perhaps one of the nicest things I've seen anyone do for anyone in a very long time. Major props Ryan, and good luck Nix & Westy!:)

thats very cool of you ryan, if they need any help within my knowledge be sure to send them my way aswell, i wouldnt mind helping them get started if they need it, the way ya talk about them they are good friends, and since you helped give us this great community.

i feel in debt

*takes off ass kissing boots*

Soulless320

Sorceror
Great!

Hey there, i've been a long time sphereserver admin pretty much since the creation of sphere. i wasn't as active as i am now with it, but ive always used it. I just wanted to thank ryan personally for getting this kick started. I myself wish i could curb stomp damian to oblivion. He is a power fiending mongrel and more importantly a complete imbecile. I have been turned off from sphere for a while due to stupidity of some of the devs. i am extremely excited to hear that westy and nix are going to be in the driver seat now and i hope they dont allow some of the current idiocy to continue. I think this is great that runuo is teaming up to help sphere get back in the hands of the rightful owners. I hope that the two communities get along great and share some ideas and concepts. Thanks a lot Ryan, this is extremely stand up of you and your a damn good guy!

Jarrod

Sorceror
I still have all of my Sphere data from way back. My beginnings in UO Freeshards started with Sphere. Good times.

On a side note, Damian can sue me if he wants. He will have to come to my house to pick up the roll of quarters in person though.

cudos to Ryan for this feat of generosity. I hope this will open the virtual borders between Sphere and Runuo and result in a healthy blend of creative energies.

I look forward to a more cooperative nature between the uo emulator environments.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Well contrary to what some would have you believe this is the way we have always worked :) We as a team have never hated Sphereserver or its developers...

The only problem I've _ever_ had with Sphere is Damian and he's not a Sphere developer... Nix and Westy will gladly tell you that ;)

-Ryan

Khaybel

Sorceror
if I can do anything to help in reguards to this let me know, I've always had respect for nix/westy and menace, I have totally no love for Damien though .. but I think most people that know me know that anyway..

as always if there is anything I can do to help sphere or runuo I'm just a pm away, and or on my own network..

Peace!

jevansfl

Wanderer
Ryan,

I love to see things like this happen, as for sphere I never used it from an admin perspective, but its how I was introduced to UO. Good luck guys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.