RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO teams up to help Sphereserver

Status
Not open for further replies.

BladeCraft

Wanderer
I have to agree with WarAngel on the assumption that their return would have been separate from the current development. I never knew Nix and Westy, nor have I seen them around the sphere boards in the last couple of years. I do respect their work and reputation though.

However, the current devs are taking sphere and doing an amazing job with it. If (and I say if because the sphere forums are back up and we will never really know) Nix and Westy actually rejoined the sphere community, than they would need to join under the current devs (which I dont even think is even legally possible but I could be wrong). If they were to take control without the current devs then WarAngel would be correct in saying it would bring sphere back tons of development and features. No knowledgeable member of sphere would want to support that, regardless of who was running it. I want to see them work together, not try and restarted from the source that was made years ago.

In short, if Nix and Westy want to rejoin sphere then I hope they respect the current devs and contact them about working together. This was my first assumption when I read this thread. If they try and branch off though, it will only create problems for our small community. Besides, I think I hold more loyalty to those who have been mass developing sphere and keeping it alive for the last few years than those who created it and I bet a lot of people would agree with that. Without the current devs, sphere would have been dead awhile ago and I think Furio was right to allude to that in the quoted section above.

Again, I have a lot of respect for Nix and Westy based on what I have heard but I hope they look to formally rejoin sphere and not just try and branch off as a way to get back at Damian.

Boydon said:
... And you should read gankedlies.com and this letter to realize that all that glitter is not gold.
Regarding Gankedlies.com, Publishing people's addresses who dont want to be known is just plain wrong. Because of that, I wont read it, because I know the kind of person who wrote it.

EDIT: Also the netblock owner for that Website is MAGIC HAT SOFTWARE. Go figure.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Boydon said:
... And you should read gankedlies.com and this letter to realize that all that glitter is not gold.

It's ok... Damian's followers are allowed to say what they want here...

Bottom line is... I'll trust who I want to trust... you trust who you want to trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.