RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO teams up to help Sphereserver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

Lord
Props to Ryan and the Team.

Hopefully this will serve to smother some of the competitive attitude between the communities. No need to be "rivals"; both server packages offer advantages in their own ways.

Good luck to Nix and Westy.

WarAngel

Wanderer
This is really only going to contribute to a speedier downfall for Sphere. Splitting an already broken community is no solution to the massive amount of problems Sphere has, and completely disregarding the current team of developers is only going to make things even worse. I hate to be the naysayer, but it's true.

Radwen

Wanderer
Huh, Damian was always a problem .. even when I was on sphere in those old days ...

Seriously, good job ryan.

I am surprised really in a way. I am glad also though I would hate to see the sphere project die and this may be able to pick it back up and get it going again. My only concern as a runuo user is will this slow the progress on runuo? Not that it really matters if sphere is going to be saved in the process.

pacolaco2

Sorceror
A fine job Ryan, you're modest, you've earned my respect. I dare say some of us from runuo help sphere, I know if I'm able to help I'll try.

I don't think this will slow progress on runuo midnightdragon.

And warangel, I will disagree with you. If you would read Ryan's initial post again you will see that he says "Damien" was a big problem. Now Damien is essentially out of the picture, and Nix and Westy are the project leaders again.

WarAngel

Wanderer
It doesn't matter WHO is leading the community. Sphere's general populace is so broken and divided that splitting it again is going to essentially kill it (Until about four months ago, I was a leading Sphere member (like, a member that actually used the emulator and contributed), so I do know about the community I'm talking about). The new devs that are "under Damian" were the same people who lead the original Sphere split to use the source and update Sphere from 55i. Now that Nix and Westy are coming back and essentially want to push them out of the way, it's going to lead to huge problems because the current devs have paved the way to the current situation at Sphere, which is a much higher-quality product than 55i ever was, with a ton of new features.

If anything, what I'm trying to say is that Nix and Westy need to work with the current devs minus Damian -- he still claims he's a dev -- to merge the new features into Nix and Westy's plans. Throwing away all of the progress made since Damian let loose on the reigns a little and let outside community developers take over is going to destroy any major support from the current Sphere community. It would be like RunUO reverting to one of the older RC versions, and expecting everyone to simply cooperate and understand. It just won't work that easily, and in this case, I don't think that it will work at all. Plus the current devs are NOT loyal to Damian. They agree to work under Damian's command because that is the only way they can make changes to the source without Damian throwing lawsuits left and right.

Speaking of lawsuits, Nix and Westy attempting to manipulate Sphereserver is simply going to lead to more legal threats and bullshit. Why can't they just let this stuff die? Sphere is already in a world of hurt without another internal war, so I don't see how they can claim that they want to restore and help Sphere, when the only way to help Sphere is to just let Sphere continue on its own (Damian's only role is that of an admin; he plays no active part in development nor does he have any say in the features). Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Sphere under the wing of Nix and Westy, but I don't think that is a feasible solution, especially with all of the transferring and fighting that has gone on with the "leadership" of Sphere in the past year or two.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
WarAngel said:
It doesn't matter WHO is leading the community. Sphere's general populace is so broken and divided that splitting it again is going to essentially kill it (Until about four months ago, I was a leading Sphere member (like, a member that actually used the emulator and contributed), so I do know about the community I'm talking about). The new devs that are "under Damian" were the same people who lead the original Sphere split to use the source and update Sphere from 55i. Now that Nix and Westy are coming back and essentially want to push them out of the way, it's going to lead to huge problems because the current devs have paved the way to the current situation at Sphere, which is a much higher-quality product than 55i ever was, with a ton of new features.

If anything, what I'm trying to say is that Nix and Westy need to work with the current devs minus Damian -- he still claims he's a dev -- to merge the new features into Nix and Westy's plans. Throwing away all of the progress made since Damian let loose on the reigns a little and let outside community developers take over is going to destroy any major support from the current Sphere community. It would be like RunUO reverting to one of the older RC versions, and expecting everyone to simply cooperate and understand. It just won't work that easily, and in this case, I don't think that it will work at all. Plus the current devs are NOT loyal to Damian. They agree to work under Damian's command because that is the only way they can make changes to the source without Damian throwing lawsuits left and right.

Speaking of lawsuits, Nix and Westy attempting to manipulate Sphereserver is simply going to lead to more legal threats and bullshit. Why can't they just let this stuff die? Sphere is already in a world of hurt without another internal war, so I don't see how they can claim that they want to restore and help Sphere, when the only way to help Sphere is to just let Sphere continue on its own (Damian's only role is that of an admin; he plays no active part in development nor does he have any say in the features). Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Sphere under the wing of Nix and Westy, but I don't think that is a feasible solution, especially with all of the transferring and fighting that has gone on with the "leadership" of Sphere in the past year or two.

Nix and Westy are the rightful owners of Sphere (along with Menace). The bottom line is you should read ganked.com and realize what they've been trough.

This is not a "trash Damian post" so please dont turn it into that. Damian is going through some shitty stuff right now.

Regardless the people that actually developed Sphere deserve to run the project, and the bottom line is this...

You're making assumptions on what they will do... you have no idea what kind of conversations they have had, you have no idea what kind of things they are going to do. Why don't you back off of them and let them go ahead and give them a chance before you chastise them. They are adults and they know Sphere better than anyone around... they should be giving a chance to make things right for Sphere before you start attacking them for wanting to bring Sphere back to its feet.

As for progress with RunUO... this has no impact... no RunUO resources are being used.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Had a conversation with Damian today (guess he reads RunUO.com) and wanted to make a point of clarification.

Damian has stated that he's fine and that what he was "going through" was taken out of context and not as it seemed.

-Ryan

Soulless320

Sorceror
I think this finally gives sphere a good chance. Westy and nix were the driving force behind sphereserver and were extremely dedicated to the project. I think with that same force driving this new project it will prosper. Im sure they have had some time to improve on their already formable abilities. I am unhappy with the current attitude of the devs myself and am very eager to see what nix and westy do and then test it out for them. I will be behind their project 110% ! Ryan, is there any info on when sphereserver.org will be up?

Nero

Sorceror
First, using an UO emulator to do another commercial project is a weird point of view not to say the ethical point. They failed when they put the two projects on the same boat. What really shocked me was the internal fights from what i readed.
I really hope Westy and Nix makes a good projects now as a hobby and accept community help to do so. Devs participation over community is the key for any project to be succeeded, you should never hide from them. I think that´s why RunUO got where it is now.

Zippy

Razor Creator
Ryan said:
Had a conversation with Damian today (guess he reads RunUO.com) and wanted to make a point of clarification.

Damian has stated that he's fine and that what he was "going through" was taken out of context and not as it seemed.

-Ryan
So does that mean we can bash Damian in this thread now? I heard he eats children.

WarAngel

Wanderer
This was just posted by the current lead dev:

Furio said:
[RANT]
It's good to know that we're hurt, that we cannot stand on our legs, that we need the "true brains"... oh wait the usual old crap that respawn like the rats in the Britain sewers.
In the past 3 years Sphere has been developed by handful people (the list is awfully long) that really cared for it and for it's community, by community itself (shrinked and torned) that helped a lot those handful people reporting bugs/fixing scripts/proposing changes, by Menasoft that gave us a degree of freedom to help Sphere go back on track.
And the "true brains"? Oh well i suppose they were playing to the little lawyer and the little politician scaring and tormenting who was really helping (Kuch's parents are still worried i suppose) and preparing to reappear as "The saviors".
Well the real savior is someone that helped during these 3 years in a way or another, not who disappeared and is now trying to use the old "divide et impera" on us (helped by the wannabe caesar).
[/RANT]

Trannies!

IRTH ONLINE HAS TRANSVESTITES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.