RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beware Of joinuo

pskarren

Sorceror
I would first like to say that Kyn is in no way an "occasional" scripter, he lives on your TS and on your shard answering pages, running events, etc...he has even stated in TS more than once that he is part owner of Evolution.

Back to the subject at hand, however, which is JoinUO.com.

Not only do they change votes but Kyn is slanderous. When I posted my shard on the site Kyn actually changed my shard description and site URL, when I posted on the JoinUO forums asking Kyn to set them back the post was deleted and I was banned from the site.

I have nothing against Dante as he has always been decent with me and willing to discuss things. Kyn, on the other hand. needs to learn to step up and accept the fact that other people are going to compete with his shard. The reason he said what he did on my shard listing is that I "stole" their custom client, when in fact we just used the Evo client as a base, we deleted all of their custom buildings and locations and readded our own. Kyns response was "so you took our patch and modified it!" Well, Kyn, what do you think YOU did? You took EA's patch and modified it, or someone elses modified EA patch. Anyhow, to see the slander take a look at the screenshots. ;)

every thing he has on his shards is from runuo. so how is anyone ripping anything off him?
dante doesn't code he leaches off the community and makes money doing it.

Anyone that sees the BS he pulls and keeps defending him is a tool. I have many people I get along with just fine in UO. If I don't come across as a "stand up guy" to someone, then that's their own problem. I stick with my friends and don't like people that are pulling the shit this guy is. Changing votes and people's shard descriptions to promote himself is shitty.

If someone doesn't like me, it doesn't ruin my day ;)

Eric T. Benoit

Wanderer
Anyone that sees the BS he pulls and keeps defending him is a tool. I have many people I get along with just fine in UO. If I don't come across as a "stand up guy" to someone, then that's their own problem. I stick with my friends and don't like people that are pulling the shit this guy is. Changing votes and people's shard descriptions to promote himself is shitty.

If someone doesn't like me, it doesn't ruin my day ;)

You've never done anything to me and until/unless you do something to prove otherwise, I think you're a pretty standup guy. ;)

Nah, I only hate 2 people other than the President. There are good reasons whether I handle it the right way or not. But I have much love for everyone else, especially my homies in Compton and everyone that was on my block in the joint. Prison is tough, but when you're locked down for cyberbullying all u gotta do is threaten to email fools and they back down.

Eric T. Benoit

Wanderer
This is what happens to Shards like Evolution when they can't buy votes or cheat...they get passed by a shard that has only been open officially for 3 days:

Attachments

• Infinity.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 23
I joined Evolution when there were 6 players on and it was a very good shard. The player base picked up.. pvp picked up soon after as well as donations. We had dueling areas to safely practice pvp if you needed. Then the donators cried about getting pk'ed in Felluca. Couldn't have that happening! Nothing against donators.. I did myself, but the catering became quite funny.

He added another GM whose son and his posse of blues decided to come after us. They built a tower near our regular spot, waited and attacked us when we showed up and it was on. It was such a fun fight because they'd send a paragon donation pet on us, run in the tower to the top and fire bows or spells. We'd kill the pet and start killing them.

Then his dad jailed me and told me pvp was only by consent lol. Good times.

pskarren

Sorceror
uoevolution always sucked and it always will its not accurate its a item based shard. its a donation only shard i bet he trying to figure out how he can start charging by the minute.

Vladamir

Sorceror
So this is what joinuo will look like soon...

http://joinuoweb.site.nfoservers.com/site/index

I can't believe it didn't take years to design that. Just the thought of how those amazing graphics and curiosity at how you somehow figured out how to make it look like plain old html astounds me.
You would almost think it had been a stripped Worpress site! How did you do it??

I actually like it. To me it looks like they are using bootstrap or something. Lots of functionality with a minimalist design. Why are you still hating on people who don't even bother to come on the forums to defend themselves anymore?