RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beware Of joinuo

Yeah UOGateway was great the way it was ran in the past. I think the closest I've seen to that is ListUO, but I haven't messed around with it much.

Vorspire

Knight
"Ultima Online Is Not Dead" is developed, hosted and ran by a shard owner who doesn't rig the system and from what I've seen of their work, they're pretty "stand up" and professional.

There are a couple of others lurking these forums and at ServUO who own/run top-lists and they haven't committed deception either, the temptation is only there in people who were dishonest to begin with, it's not fair to say all of them are tempted.

I plan to run my own shard very soon and I also plan to continue developing my VNc API and top-list too, and I sure as hell won't commit to deception of this community.
If my shard doesn't make the cut, that's just life and I'll deal with it, I don't expect it to be a number 1 shard, I'll just be happy to see the odd player messing around with my work :p

Talow

Sorceror
I don't expect it to be a number 1 shard, I'll just be happy to see the odd player messing around with my work :p

Know that feeling.

To be honest, I don't care to be #1, and would honestly prefer to stay where we are in the "ranks" too much work when it gets too big and you find yourself never able to play again :(

I don't even run a shard anymore, but I help on a few while I continue to learn and learn from past mistakes. I just want the player's vote to actually count regardless of who owns the site.

pskarren

Sorceror
Unlike talow i do care to be number 1. I am a very competitive person. If you list with joinuo its like playing cards with someone with a set deck!
Has Dante responded to these accusations at all? or is he pulling a Obama??

Knowom - Congratulations on being added to the list of people who's joinuo threads will not be deleted due to kissing ass. However, in this thread.. http://www.joinuo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=38222 , if the site owner Kyn actually took time to READ the site he bought instead of deleting any input as he does on his shard, he would see the detailed list of UO clients including the one you mention (1.25.35) with even more going all the way up into the 7.0 versions totaling over 1.2gb available with very detailed instructions on how to get them with git and SVN (you probably don't know what that means.. it is ok.. we understand) on his very own new site http://www.joinuo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=647. They ARE able to be used as several shards use them with the know how. Maybe pass along the information so Kyn can delete that thread too.

Vladamir

Sorceror
Knowom - Congratulations on being added to the list of people who's joinuo threads will not be deleted due to kissing ass. However, in this thread.. http://www.joinuo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=38222 , if the site owner Kyn actually took time to READ the site he bought instead of deleting any input as he does on his shard, he would see the detailed list of UO clients including the one you mention (1.25.35) with even more going all the way up into the 7.0 versions totaling over 1.2gb available with very detailed instructions on how to get them with git and SVN (you probably don't know what that means.. it is ok.. we understand) on his very own new site http://www.joinuo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=647. They ARE able to be used as several shards use them with the know how. Maybe pass along the information so Kyn can delete that thread too.

What the hell kind of no-life troll are you? Go do something productive with your time you cry baby loser.

Vorspire

Knight
I'm not teaming up, this is starbucks and I have my own thought process, you attacking him multiple times then telling him he's a troll, is kinda hypocritical, don't you agree?

Vladamir

Sorceror
I'm not teaming up, this is starbucks and I have my own thought process, you attacking him multiple times then telling him he's a troll, is kinda hypocritical, don't you agree?

I don't think so. I'm not in this thread to troll people. I'm here because this mephisto guy has been an extremely toxic individual in the UO community and has hurt and screwed over so many people. I don't want to sink to his level and slander him with the same filth he accuses others of. I just feel its not fair for you guys to be jumping on the bandwagon and eating whatever non sense he shoves down your throat.

Especially you Vorpsire an absolute staple of the RunUO community, I have the utmost respect for you and your contributions to not only RunUO but just the freeshard community in general. It pains me to see someone like you reading into this non sense and actually taking part. I said I was done with this thread a while ago. I can't stomach this crap anymore.

I have no more credibility than anyone else here, but believe me when I tell you Skarren and Mephisto are bad eggs. They literally do nothing but troll people. They take up phony causes and run smear campaigns on an almost daily basis... I've seen them roll across forums for other shards like a plague and now I've seen enough. I care about RunUO and its community... Please do not let this continue.

Vorspire

Knight
The point is, this thread is factual, you just have beef with the guy over something that happened ages ago.
I have no idea what he did to piss you off, but it must have been bad.

He's admitted to being a douche in the past, what more do you want?

Like I said, not defending him, not attacking you, I'm just being captain obvious for the sake of banter, so don't get offended.

This is Starbucks, I don't expect anyone to retain their decency in here, it's a place to let go, so continue flaming if you must.

Vladamir

Sorceror
The point is, this thread is factual, you just have beef with the guy over something that happened ages ago.
I have no idea what he did to piss you off, but it must have been bad.

He's admitted to being a douche in the past, what more do you want?

Like I said, not defending him, not attacking you, I'm just being captain obvious for the sake of banter, so don't get offended.

This is Starbucks, I don't expect anyone to retain their decency in here, it's a place to let go, so continue flaming if you must.

I have never never spoken to Mephisto or had any contact before this thread. I frequent various other shard websites and forums. I have witnessed first hand what they do (under the same names.. bluedraco, mephisto, skarren, etc...)

I'm in awe that this type of slander is being not only allowed to happen but being supported by the RunUO community. I will have no further part in this thread. Obviously anything else I say will be in vain... and likely twisted and warped by the people orchestrating this campaign against JoinUO..

Farewell.

m309

Squire
You're making it sound like this stuff is being made up, but the evidence seems to prove otherwise. Whether or not Mephisto is, was, or will be, a douche (no clue at all, seems decent to me) doesn't really have any bearing on the facts presented. The only person who has even attempted to discount his claims is the same moron that keeps posting "Razor ripped off UOExtreme" bullshit on threads and posts from 2003, and poorly at that.

I have never never spoken to Mephisto or had any contact before this thread. I frequent various other shard websites and forums. I have witnessed first hand what they do (under the same names.. bluedraco, mephisto, skarren, etc...)

I'm in awe that this type of slander is being not only allowed to happen but being supported by the RunUO community. I will have no further part in this thread. Obviously anything else I say will be in vain... and likely twisted and warped by the people orchestrating this campaign against JoinUO..

Farewell.

You said pages ago you were done in this thread. You keep coming to attack me... kinda proves a point about our past. 'Nuff said.

I don't even play anmore. I spend around 12-15 hours a day scripting for shards for FREE. I just helped prove top list cheating REGARDLESS if it was "Mr. Lawsuit" running joinuo. I love to see our players enjoy the new content, vote and be rewarded and feel they did something for us if they can't donate... and we don't even get donations! I'm just aboard to help EternalUO grow, read my posts there and call me jerk. I hate money hungry people like evolution.. especially after buying a GREAT site I depended on from WAY back and turning around and adding 10k votes .. so can I be a dick? yeah.... FUCK Jeff Carley.

Btw pskarren isn't me Vlad, you posted a thread from eternalUO talking about Jihad etc. I have an odd sense of humor.. now, go back to eternalUO and post EVERY other thread. People change, you have not.

FahQ

Traveler
What the hell kind of no-life troll are you? Go do something productive with your time you cry baby loser.
he helps me quite frequently on my shard, and has never asked for nor accepted any money. He posts(not very often) but when he does it is usually something beneficial... unlike this comment you have made!

FahQ

Traveler
I don't even play anmore. I spend around 12-15 hours a day scripting for shards for FREE. I just helped prove top list cheating REGARDLESS if it was "Mr. Lawsuit" running joinuo. I love to see our players enjoy the new content, vote and be rewarded and feel they did something for us if they can't donate... and we don't even get donations! I'm just aboard to help EternalUO grow, read my posts there and call me jerk. I hate money hungry people like evolution.. especially after buying a GREAT site I depended on from WAY back and turning around and adding 10k votes .. so can I be a dick? yeah.... FUCK Jeff Carley.
I'm pretty sure zoe is a paid "employee" :D lmao